someone has dropped a massive testicle...

Cobra

In Memoriam. TPer Emeritus
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
Ordered :D

Items: £21.15
Postage & Packing: £7.90
Promotion Applied -£0.00
Total: £29.05

Suspect I'll wake up to a cancellation email tomorrow morning but worth a try hehe :D

Rob

I just bought it. Wonder what they will send. If anything.

Anyone wana buy a 24-105L lol

There has to be some catch with those prices. They have several different lenses too.

You're safe as legally they can't just charge the difference to your card. From what I've heard previously they'll either (1) say it's out of stock and refund you or offer an alternate - probably not at the same price or (2) offer you the lens at the correct price.

Technically they can't...... if you can prove they advertised the goods for that price and you paid the asking price, that's a contract done and dusted. But you are right they would more than likely take the full amount from your card and you would have to fight to reclaim the money back. Mind you if you bought it on a credit card and proved to the lender you bought the goods for the advertised cost, they would probably reclaim the money back for you!

But as you say 'has anyone got the bottle'; not me I'm a nikoneal! No good to me!

All the other lenses on that page are twenty odd quid except the niffty 1.8 :D

They usually send the first email of receipt of your intention to buy, from there on they decide IF they wish to enter into the contract and charge your card etc. Thats where they'll stop playing ball

They are supposed to honor the sale if they charge your card but I think they are fine to cancel the order otherwise.

But I'm not sure if it's the same with sites like Amazon market place and eBay where a third party such as paypal takes the money.

:thinking: I wouldnt be taking the risk so quick boys, its not being sold by amazon, by by a market place trader, who might just be after your card details! :cautious:

They don't get to see your details. Same if someone paid you via paypal, you just get the money.

There seem to be too many items at £21.15 for it to be coincidence. Perhaps they use that price for items out of stock?

Just found this on amazon, came here to post and................ heh.

Worth a shot, on the off chance they have automated shipping set up :D

The amount on your card is not really charged but "requested/on hold", and its still invitation to treat and all that. This is a clear misprice, won't even worth suing.

The amount on your card is not really charged but "requested/on hold", and its still invitation to treat and all that. This is a clear misprice, won't even worth suing.

Thats the phrase I was looking for... one of the camera companies did it with some kit bags a few months ago if anyone recalls the thread

There seem to be too many items at £21.15 for it to be coincidence. Perhaps they use that price for items out of stock?

Well the 100-400L is £21.67 :p

I'm betting it's a mis price or a disgruntled employee.

Rob

Ordered 100-400 and 1.4 X tender in seperate orders....you never know!;)

I'm convinced that its the amount of discount off the full price, just the wrong way around :D
Ah well there will either be a few happy people in a day or two or not :D

:thinking: I wouldnt be taking the risk so quick boys, its not being sold by amazon, by by a market place trader, who might just be after your card details! :cautious:

What is the Amazon.co.uk A-to-z Guarantee?

We want you to buy with confidence anytime you make a purchase at Amazon.co.uk. That's why, when you purchase at Amazon.co.uk Marketplace, Auctions and zShops, we guarantee the condition of the items you buy and their timely delivery with the A-z Safe Buying Guarantee. As you pay for your item immediately using Amazon Payments, the security of your credit card information is also guaranteed under our Security Guarantee.

Taken from here

So that shouldn't be an issue I hope :) Fully expect it to be canceled tomorrow or whenever it goes through, but not too concerned about fraud here.

Rob

Just going through the checkout process, before it was revealed that the items are no longer available from this seller!!
Guess they cottoned on to it (maybe the sudden high sales:LOL:)

Good luck to anybody who placed an order!

All prices have now been changed!! Good luck all!!!(y)

They don't have to sell at the price they advertised. If they don't, it is simply bad customer service.
This happened a while back in Jessops. A man came in, wanting to buy a pair of binoculars that we had advertised for £49.99, which was a mistake since we forgot to take the advert out the window. The binoculars were actually £99.99, and my manager apologised profusely, but the man was very very rude, and threatened to take my manager to trading standards and sue him. When the man left the shop, my manager said that if he were to have charged the man £49.99 and taken the money and completed the transaction, then turned around and said "Oh, sorry, the price is wrong, you owe me £50," obviously, that is wrong. Once you take the money, it is a legally binding contract to honour the purchase.
For example, a while back I got a brand new BG-E3 for my 350d. £38 on the website, clear error.
They had to honour it, since they had charged my card £38.
When it came, the price label was still on the box stating £108.
Bargain!

I got my e-mail confirmations form Amazon and noticed this small print

Please note that for items ordered from Amazon.co.uk this e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order and your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched to you. For items purchased from third parties in Marketplace, zShops or Auctions, this e-mail confirms the completion of your contract to purchase those items.

Completion of contract huh?...That would be nice:woot:

Please note that for items ordered from Amazon.co.uk this e-mail is only an acknowledgement of receipt of your order and your contract to purchase these items is not complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the items have been dispatched to you. For items purchased from third parties in Marketplace, zShops or Auctions, this e-mail confirms the completion of your contract to purchase those items.

Letters in bold, therefore until dispatch the contract is not formed thus no contract. that applies to Amazon, 3rd party seems different.....

I am thinking THAT bit is the significant part here... ;)

Back