Daily Sonriendo's 365 - Finished and thank flickerty for that :D

005 by Sonriendo, on Flickr

So tonight, the 3 Kings Caspar, Melchior and Balthazar come from the Orient bearing gifts. Traditionally Spanish children left their shoes out to be filled with gifts, but slowly the Christmas Tree and Papá Noel are taking over.

In most towns and cities across Spain tonight, the Kings arrive, sometimes on horse back, occasionaly by camel but more often than not on the back of a tractor and trailer! Always bearing gifts, sometimes just sweets and in the bigger cities actual toys.

It is traditional to have a big dinner and eat "Roscón de Reyes" a cake that has "Prizes" inside. But you need to make sure you don't get the "haba" or dried broad bean or it's your turn to pay for the Roscón.

Nice! And what a lovely tradition (is that the right word? My brain's failing me...). I wish we had things like this here... I also get taken aback when I see recent photos of Christmas trees! I'm usually an "up in early November, down in early February" tree girl (I LOVE them) but had to take it down a couple of days after Christmas this year as the cats 6ft cat tree arrived and the tree was in the only "free" corner :(

Nice! And what a lovely tradition (is that the right word? My brain's failing me...). I wish we had things like this here... I also get taken aback when I see recent photos of Christmas trees! I'm usually an "up in early November, down in early February" tree girl (I LOVE them) but had to take it down a couple of days after Christmas this year as the cats 6ft cat tree arrived and the tree was in the only "free" corner :(

It does mean the tree hangs around a lot longer, but is ideal for photo ops ;) TBH it is a lot of partying to be done in two short weeks, we ten to keep it simple though ;)

Fab series of animal shots .. cheetahs are a winner for me :)

Thanks Tezz, they're my favourites too.

Lovely Sarah and it's always nice to here traditions elsewhere....(y)

What a great set for day 5! All our Xmas decorations came down NYE :)

Sadly we had to miss out on the roscon this year (we stayed in the UK for a change), but your images brought back a flavour of Spanish Christmas to me:

Elaborate nativity scene ...check
Prawns ...check
Loads of cakes and sweets ...check

Great work :)

What a great set for day 5! All our Xmas decorations came down NYE :)

Mine will be down sometime this week, but am hoping to take advantage of them a bit first ;)

Sadly we had to miss out on the roscon this year (we stayed in the UK for a change), but your images brought back a flavour of Spanish Christmas to me:

Elaborate nativity scene ...check
Prawns ...check
Loads of cakes and sweets ...check

Great work :)

Ah yes, nothing like an extension to the festivities :D

Good enough to eat Sarah !! Like it very much

Thank you

006 by Sonriendo, on Flickr

As today has been just like Christmas Day all over again, I had to resort to that old standby favourite - the Arms Length Selfie :D Taken outside just before the sun went down - phew!!!

Quick B&W conversion through Lightroom, really wish I knew what I was doing :LOL:

That works rather well actually (y)

those eyes have a look of mischief !!

I'm glad you were brave enough to say that,
I thought it, but didn't dare say it :D

I like the crop, conversion and POV. It weirds me out a bit that your left eye is out of focus due to the DOF (but that's probably just me!:thinking:).

Perhaps I'm not as bad at it as I thought then.

Not at all, though I did sharpen it up a little and apply a little selective sharpening to the "closest eye"
"Just to see" ;)

I like the crop, conversion and POV. It weirds me out a bit that your left eye is out of focus due to the DOF (but that's probably just me!:thinking:).

Personally I feel that the more of me out of focus the better :LOL: Perhaps I should Bokeh myself in my next SP ;)

Not at all, though I did sharpen it up a little and apply a little selective sharpening to the "closest eye"
"Just to see" ;)

And...

I love Day 5 I think that they make up a great image, and tell the story of the day (y) and day 6 and arm's length self, it's come out better than any of my attempts at the style, the focus is great and I think that the conversion to B&W has given it a certain intensity that really sets it off (y)

Matt

I love Day 5 I think that they make up a great image, and tell the story of the day (y) and day 6 and arm's length self, it's come out better than any of my attempts at the style, the focus is great and I think that the conversion to B&W has given it a certain intensity that really sets it off (y)

Matt

Thank you Matt

Good SP .... Saving those for days when I have absolutely nothing :)

I love that.... looks lovely mono too... you should do more!(y)

Just catching up on your last couple of days Sarah. Day 5 is certainly an interesting story, I have never heard of that before. Really like your sp in day 6 though, it's something I will maybe try myself sometime.

I like day 5 - my tree stays up the 12 days & came down yesterday :-( - I also liked hearing about how that is celebrated there.

Good SP!

Good SP .... Saving those for days when I have absolutely nothing :)

It's good to have something in abeyance ;)

I love that.... looks lovely mono too... you should do more!(y)

I would if that Old Lady didn't keep barging her way in :LOL:

Just catching up on your last couple of days Sarah. Day 5 is certainly an interesting story, I have never heard of that before. Really like your sp in day 6 though, it's something I will maybe try myself sometime.

Thank you, I feel obligated to put Spanishy bits in somehow :LOL:

I like day 5 - my tree stays up the 12 days & came down yesterday :-( - I also liked hearing about how that is celebrated there.

Good SP!

Well, mines still not down, but might have a go at it tonight. I'm going to start with all the "tat" first ;)

007 by Sonriendo, on Flickr

My High Street, the Pharamacy clock/thermometer on the left reading 19°. I only took this to see how it would turn out from my phone and to experiment uploading it to Flickr. This is very zoomed in and doesn't it show.

Have had to use this one today as suddenly things have gone tits up and I've no time to do the shot I was planning. Managed to remember to take my camera out with me first thing this morning, but the sunrise was just pants. Hopefully we will have a bit of cloud one morning soon ;)

My High Street, the Pharamacy clock/thermometer on the left reading 19°. .... .....Hopefully we will have a bit of cloud one morning soon ;)

And while the rest of us are "struggling" to "see" 10oC
Or catch a glimps of blue rather than dull grey,skies,
Please, feel free to rub it in :razz:

:D

Hi,

Just catching up with other 365ers threads. There are so many this year!
Anyway, some very nice animal shots to kick off your challenge. The Christmas thing looks very familiar to me, but you don't seem to be smiling in the sp.

And today's 19º - can't be up my neck of the woods! Although those bins look familiar, too.

Cheers

And while the rest of us are "struggling" to "see" 10oC
Or catch a glimps of blue rather than dull grey,skies,
Please, feel free to rub it in :razz:

:D

You are more than welcome, it has dropped down to about 10° now and at 08:00 this morning it was 9°, so we do have a big variation in temperatures.

Hi,

Just catching up with other 365ers threads. There are so many this year!
Anyway, some very nice animal shots to kick off your challenge. The Christmas thing looks very familiar to me, but you don't seem to be smiling in the sp.

And today's 19º - can't be up my neck of the woods! Although those bins look familiar, too.

Cheers

I'm in Alicante ;) so not too far away.

You lucky Girl Sarah , 19 only 19 and your hot under the collar about your shot of the day , looks good enough to live there !!

Oh the weather is fine, it's the rest of the crud that has occured this afternoon :LOL:

Back