Sony RX100

Hi many thanks..the illustration and water colour mode can be added after shooting so not nescessary to have it selected all the time.I just added it after in camera for a bit of fun.It saves the original and the edited version.

....Great. I wonder if you can add these modes after to the JPEG when you have shot RAW+JPEG.

True compacts (this size) are great aren't they! And when they also deliver high IQ, they really are something.

width is approx 60-65mm depth is 40-45mm and height 90mm again all approx..

Pretty sure the effect cant be added to raw files..

....I think you are right. But perhaps it can be added to the JPEG even when JPEG+RAW is selected. It's not important but I am intending to shoot everything either RAW and/or JPEG+RAW and not JPEG only.

I'll see when I eventually get mine (2-3 weeks ETA).

width is approx 60-65mm depth is 40-45mm and height 90mm again all approx..

....Cheers for that info - Much appreciated (y). Meanwhile I came across an online shop which states internals as 67w x 45d x 95h. So EVF unlikely to fit.

Think you can add it to the jpeg no probs. Hope you enjoy it as much as I am...its a great camera.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the sony lm12 screen protector and the lm15,they look identical.Need to order one asap as already got a tiny scratch on it!!God knows how.

Can anyone tell me the difference between the sony lm12 screen protector and the lm15,they look identical.Need to order one asap as already got a tiny scratch on it!!God knows how.

....I hope this vid will help. It's a bit long, but :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QvNvZ7m2kc

If I find anything else I'll post it. As long as it doesn't reduce clarity I'll be after one of these as well.

Last edited:
:shrug:confused:o whats the difference between lm12 and lm15? I have just ordered a lm12 from amazon.

ok looks like the lm12 is just for rx100 and the lm15 is for rx1 as well..thats all I can find.:thinking:

:shrug:confused:o whats the difference between lm12 and lm15? I have just ordered a lm12 from amazon.

....According to those videos, I can't see a difference. Ask someone from Sony?

I think ones a phone type one that lays direct while the other stands off and then contacts in the middle looking totally crap.

ask me how I know :(

I use Expert Shield on mine - highly recommended, and excellent customer service when you cock up the application first time round!:shake::)

Cheers for the replies...I was going to get the ggs one as I rate them highly but in a hurry as got a mark on it already so wanted asap!:bang:

Sony lm12...doddle to fit and wouldnt even know its on there tbh.:D
now for a spare battery and mains charger!

^^^^
Thanks, Stuart - Now I know which to get (y)

I have the LM12 and that is the one that tends to sag into the screen around the middle as it is not hard enough to stay stood off the screen.

would not buy the sony one due to this!

I just use helicopter tape on mine still on a roll I bought about 6 years ago. So much cheaper and you cut your own size.

I use a Maximal Power battery - as good as OEM.

Change of subject:

The Asahi skin on my RX100 is starting to peel off on one side. Does anyone know of a suitable adhesive to relocate the skin?
Clearly, the essential requirement is the eventual removal of the skin without leaving marks on the camera, whilst keeping it firmly in place.

Thanks in anticipation!

I use a Maximal Power battery - as good as OEM.

Change of subject:

The Asahi skin on my RX100 is starting to peel off on one side. Does anyone know of a suitable adhesive to relocate the skin?
Clearly, the essential requirement is the eventual removal of the skin without leaving marks on the camera, whilst keeping it firmly in place.

Thanks in anticipation!

....If the battery spec matches up, the different brand labelling is a useful way of telling at a glance which battery you last recharged.

If you are after improving the grip on the RX100, then surely this is an opportunity to dump the Asahi skin and add a Franiec moulded grip:

http://www.kleptography.com/rf/#camera_rx100

I would hate to have any skin which shows signs of any peeling - Not good! :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
This is a really good review of the RX100 (not Mk2). It starts off a bit gimicky but quickly develops into a serious but entertaining review and packed with a lot of information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdFFZcsNwlU

It has certainly confirmed my choice (RX100 II) - I can't wait!

^^^^
Those are lovely shots, Stuart! The black & white pics in particular have a plate camera quality, dare I say!

Personally I don't think you need to use the Illustration mode on that last shot - I find myself wanting to see the straight shot.

Are these shot RAW or JPEG?

Loving this little camera I take it everywhere..Nipped into town this morning pretty quiet but snapped a few characters..then had a play with the free dxo film pack software that I downloaded yesterday..

untitled-00354 by StuartHowePhotography, on Flickr

untitled-00358 by StuartHowePhotography, on Flickr

untitled-00351 by StuartHowePhotography, on Flickr

untitled-00348 by StuartHowePhotography, on Flickr

untitled-00347 by StuartHowePhotography, on Flickr

untitled-00360_DxOFP by StuartHowePhotography, on Flickr

Back