Sony RX100

Nice shots mate..really really miss mine..probably one of my biggest regrets selling mine.

I have to say that everybody is posting some really great quality shots from their RX100 II. However, I am very disappointed indeed with mine - Part of my problem is that I use a Canon DSLR with nothing but Macro and telephoto L lenses nearly every day and the RX100 is shockingly slow to focus by comparison and very tricky to navigate its settings. It's zoom is virtually non existent! My idea was to use it as a compact 'standard' lens but I am now thinking of selling it and going for a slightly larger compact which can fit a large pocket. I have had mine since December.

Hi. Anybody regularly using filters on the rx100. Any ten stop shots? Which filter adaptor are you using (non eBay if poss). Anybody using step up rings?

Any sample shots?

Thought about selling my rx100 but because of its pocketability kept it. If I can use it for landscapes with filters too.....then even better!

I have to say that everybody is posting some really great quality shots from their RX100 II. However, I am very disappointed indeed with mine - Part of my problem is that I use a Canon DSLR with nothing but Macro and telephoto L lenses nearly every day and the RX100 is shockingly slow to focus by comparison and very tricky to navigate its settings. It's zoom is virtually non existent! My idea was to use it as a compact 'standard' lens but I am now thinking of selling it and going for a slightly larger compact which can fit a large pocket. I have had mine since December.
I totally agree with what you have said here I bought mine thinking it would be a good replacement for my 60d but find it a bit disappointing even on the intelligent setting the camera seems to miss the shot quite often! Shall be selling my mk11 to fund something else!

So, ordered a cpl and filter adaptor thread. I'll hopefully get out in the next fortnight.....depending on when it arrives!

Anybody

Has anybody successfully used the build mode? Can't seem to find a remote/trigger for this!

Joining the club and gotta say I'm pretty impressed with it. Very handy little P&S for day trips out.
Here are a few snaps from the weekend.
15013923826_eef4b8d983_z.jpg

14850320378_dbc33a296c_z.jpg
14850364017_e8f88a0324_z.jpg
14850160159_3118a4cc58_z.jpg
14850316958_6686fb4a69_z.jpg

Am considering one of these and this worries me. Used to nikon d700 and good glass so anything will be a step down I guess but slow/poor af is partly why I may sell my xpro.

I read that mk 1&2 is 28-100mm ff equiv but mk3 is 24-70, correct?

Am considering one of these and this worries me. Used to nikon d700 and good glass so anything will be a step down I guess but slow/poor af is partly why I may sell my xpro.

To be fair focus on a compact is going to be slower than a dslr with pro level lenses. It's a common enough camera that you shouldn't have any dificulties trying one out in a store to see if it's going to be a good fit for you.

Yes, the zoom range is shorter on the mk3, however the lens is faster at the 'long' end.

Slower is fine and would accept that, I just don't find the xpro is great for moving objects.

So, have found a solution that fits in my work bag if I ever wanted to take a landscape pic whilst in the moveImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1410087144.903385.jpgImageUploadedByTalk Photography Forums1410087174.169194.jpg

Now to go out and use it!!

Very nice shots from the RX100 Peter! (y)
Are these JPG SOOC? OR PP'd from RAW?

Recently decided to dump all my ILC gear in favour of a 'posh compact' - I just don't have the passion or interest in photography that I once had - well not enough to carry round lots of gear, lenses and attachments.

I'm happy to sacrifice the ultimate IQ and features that a DSLR or M43 camera gives me for having a pocketable capable camera to be able to take snaps and record memories.

So I placed an order for the RX100M3 and Sony AG-R2 grip. The camera is currently £650 on Amazon - not seen it much lower than that recently.

Grip was also from Amazon and was £13.

Looking froward to getting my hands on it and seeing the differences between it and the Mk1 I had a few years back.

Look forward to seeing the results and your thoughts, Alan. Am thinking next year *might* be the time for me to upgrade my xf1. Am a little concerned about the limited zoom range though

Look forward to seeing the results and your thoughts, Alan. Am thinking next year *might* be the time for me to upgrade my xf1. Am a little concerned about the limited zoom range though

I really liked the Mk1 which obviously had the slightly longer zoom, but at that time it was a companion to a big DSLR and in the end I sold it and went back to m43.

I thought about keeping the GX1 and 20mm pancake but it is still too big and obviously limited with the prime lens.

The 24-70 equiv. on the M3 should be fine for me and the lens is brighter than the previous versions.

That's great :) went into Jessops earlier and had a quick go with a m2. Must admit that even at iso3200, the detail in the image was damn good

Grrrrr. Why do I do this to myself ??

Yes, although the mk3 has a wider aperture at the longer end - on the mk1 (and I assume the mk2) the aperture drops off very quickly so it's not quite as fast as the F1.8 aperture implies. From memory the mk1 has a non-BSI sensor and the mk 2 and mk3 have the same BSI sensor which is more sensitive.

I've had an RX100 mk1 since when they were first released and always been very pleased with it, I've tried a lot of different cameras for carrying in my pocket with me all the time but was always frustrated with them for various reasons and ended up lugging one of the big cameras around. It's not a DSLR replacement but I find it good enough for its very small size to the degree it doesn't make me regret not being able to have a bigger camera with me most of the time.

John

just seen that the m3 is £505 @ Panamoz if you pay by BACS...:eek:

Maybe I've reached new heights of ridiculousness.... I have an RX100M3 and Sony grip sitting here since Tuesday in a sealed amazon box and have no motivation or interest in opening it !

Back