Sony RX100

I have joined the rx100 club today with a mk4, i am looking forward to using it after reading lots of reviews on it`s picture quality and video

That's a positive "RESULT" in my book, congrat's and "ENJOY.

George.

Well, it's just a bit of fun really - from wandering around my village whilst walking the dog:-

Knockers.... by Andrew R, on Flickr

This little RX100m3 is just sooo pocketable that you forget you're carrying it

Very nice shot, with some lovely vibrant colours.

George.

A few photos from my first trip out with the rx100iv, i went to Winkworth Arboretum near Guildford.

Winkworth%20Arboretum-2-X2.jpg

Winkworth%20Arboretum-3-X3.jpg

Winkworth%20Arboretum-5-X4.jpg

Fantastic colours in the leaves

Winkworth%20Arboretum-11-X4.jpg

Had fun editing it in Silver Effex

Winkworth%20Arboretum-13-X4.jpg

Winkworth%20Arboretum-14-X4.jpg

Well, it's just a bit of fun really - from wandering around my village whilst walking the dog:-

Knockers.... by Andrew R, on Flickr

This little RX100m3 is just sooo pocketable that you forget you're carrying it
Nice idea, might have to give it a go.

A few photos from my first trip out with the rx100iv, i went to Winkworth Arboretum near Guildford.

Winkworth%20Arboretum-2-X2.jpg

Winkworth%20Arboretum-3-X3.jpg

Winkworth%20Arboretum-5-X4.jpg

Fantastic colours in the leaves

Winkworth%20Arboretum-11-X4.jpg

Had fun editing it in Silver Effex

Winkworth%20Arboretum-13-X4.jpg

Winkworth%20Arboretum-14-X4.jpg

”Excellent” set of autumnal shots, liking all of these very much.

George.

Sony RX100 mk3, just having some fun while I recover from illness. Just a black bit of card placed on my desk and then tried some hand held low ss shots.

Darkness by Dave, on Flickr

Shell by Dave, on Flickr

Indoor Shell by Dave, on Flickr

Lightness by Dave, on Flickr

Sony RX100 mk3, just having some fun while I recover from illness. Just a black bit of card placed on my desk and then tried some hand held low ss shots.

Darkness by Dave, on Flickr

Shell by Dave, on Flickr

Indoor Shell by Dave, on Flickr

Lightness by Dave, on Flickr

Nice set of still life close up shots, the contrasty lighting works very well, as does the mono presentation.

George.

I'm looking at the VII as the wife has banned me from taking my roller bag with us to the US in Dec/Jan and Japan/Singapore in Mar/Apr.
I usually shoot with my Nikon D850 and lenses.

Had anyone had a play with the VII?

I'm looking at the VII as the wife has banned me from taking my roller bag with us to the US in Dec/Jan and Japan/Singapore in Mar/Apr.
I usually shoot with my Nikon D850 and lenses.

Had anyone had a play with the VII?

Not even one body and one lens?! :exit:

Now that the best of the autumn colours have now gone and most of the tree`s leaves are on the ground.

Here are a couple from the local park all taken with a RX100iv

Ciren%20Park%20Autumn-3%202019-9-XL.jpg

Ciren%20Park%20Autumn-4%202019-8-L.jpg

If anyone spots the RX100 vi on a good Black Friday offer, please post details on the thread! :)

I'm wanting to upgrade from my RX100 ii and from what I see, all of the decent discounts seem to be for the A7/etc models! :(

Has anyone got any recommendations for the following accessories:

Batteries (I'm going to need at least 2 I think)
Filter System (Looking at ND filters and a CP)
Is there a remote release available?

Any assistance greatly received. Thanks muchly.

Batteries - generic copies worked fine for me. No significantly different life span or charge time.

For filters, I used the Sony VFA 49mm adaptor. That was on an RX100M2. Stick-on part added perhaps 1.5mm extra thickness, and the clip-on filter threaded part adds another 3mm or so. I know that the lens changes from one version of the RX100 to another, so double-check suitability.

On the remote, I used a generic one on Ebay. Looks like this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timer-Re...427662?hash=item5d93e836ce:g:XMMAAOSwwKNdmq83 That one fits into USB port and works fine. Actually, if you just want to release the shutter/bulb, you don't need to put batteries in it.

On the remote, I used a generic one on Ebay. Looks like this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Timer-Re...427662?hash=item5d93e836ce:g:XMMAAOSwwKNdmq83 That one fits into USB port and works fine. Actually, if you just want to release the shutter/bulb, you don't need to put batteries in it.
I didn't know they did that style of remote/intervalometer for the RX100. :oops: :$ Thanks for posting the link. (y) I have been using the built in intervelometer app of the RX100III which is limited to 990 shots. :( Though has the benefit of compiling a timelapse and also adding effects. But for longer timelapses that could be good. :)

Last edited:
Batteries - generic copies worked fine for me. No significantly different life span or charge time.

For filters, I used the Sony VFA 49mm adaptor. That was on an RX100M2. Stick-on part added perhaps 1.5mm extra thickness, and the clip-on filter threaded part adds another 3mm or so. I know that the lens changes from one version of the RX100 to another, so double-check suitability.

I bought these and they seem to work fine

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DuraPro-16...ocphy=9045971&hvtargid=pla-697641295906&psc=1

Has anyone put a 52mm UV or Polariser filter on their RX100? The RX100 is going on holiday shortly in a dusty environment so wanted to protect the lens. Will a cheap one do or best to grab a Hoya? Cheers.

I already have an adapter attached so just need to purchase UV, CPL and maybe an adjudging ND filter. So many options on Amazon. I saw K&F have a kit and so do Neweer which seems value for money over the Hoya.

Only had the RX100 Mk3 for a few weeks but loving he portability of this little camera and the results are superb. Here are a couple of shots that are posted elsewhere on the forum but worth posting here for other RX100 owners :)

Corn for Lunch by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Bright Light - Big City by Dave Semmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Back