Sort images by time taken

If you are using Lightroom, once imported, you can sort by `Capture Time in the Library module. The option is in the lower menu bar

Hi,

Is it possible to arrange images contained in a folder by the time they were taken rather than the date ?

Using Adobe CC 2019

cheers

How are you vierwing them then? File managers for Mac and Windows can sort images by 'date' which will also sort them by time created, unless you've edited & exported them.

Hi,

Is it possible to arrange images contained in a folder by the time they were taken rather than the date ?

Using Adobe CC 2019

cheers

If you're using Windows you'll need to view the contents of the folder in Details Mode, then unhide the Date Taken column and you can then sort in either direction by clicking the column heading.

Confession time...I never use lightroom. However I will have a go. Backed up the folder just in case ;-)
Just to mention it is possible to add a date and/or time stamp to the name of images in Lightroom when you import them. I always do this now. It does mean the names get a bit long, but I immediately know where to find an original and makes sorting them super easy from any software.

Back