Spartacus my 52...Week 26 Night...Sorry I’m late...:(

Love the freedom shot, it works and shows your sense of freedom... Hang on a mo... isn't a reshoot of this weeks theme cheating :LOL: ... very clever idea and it works well... I may have to go and edit my entry for this week and do the same...

I prefer your first shot, the long open road leading off into the sunset distance works better for me.

I agree, the first shot is a winner.

I have a mate who is a biker and have some great memories of going for a run with him, these shots bring it flooding back.

Nice bike too....

Both shots are great shots of the bike, but the first fits the theme better IMO as for me it plays on the saying freedom and the open road.

Colour clarity lighting all spot on, well done! :clap::clap:

Development, really clever idea and very well composed, top notch.(y)
Freedom, first one for me the landscape is glorious, I know jack about bikes but it looks pretty fast to me!:LOL:

Well, it just shows you don't have to go out to get a good, interesting shot. I thought about developing in the film sense, but I don't have any handy darkroom equipment now, but I never thought about photographic storage. You've got a nice potted history here from 35mm negs to DVD and pen drive. Plenty to look at and something all of us can identify with.

Well done from me. (y)(y)

Damn, damn, damn, how did I miss your Development shot :bang:

But that's ok cos you missed mine too :naughty:

Great composition and an inspired idea well shot :clap::clap:

Freedom - I like the first one, the freedom of the open road, but I don't think the weather helped much as the background seems a bit flat on my monitor :shrug:

But the inspiration behind (;))the second tickles my fancy and makes it the better shot IMHO :clap::clap:

It reminds me of my Honda Hornet and the empty roads across to Cumbria when I would do a 90 mile round trip for a cup of coffee and a bacon sarnie

Yea, the freedom of the road.....love it (y)

I like both shots, but #1 just wins for me, too. (y)

I love the feeling of solitude - just the bike and the open road. The very slight niggle for me is that I'd like to see the bike pointing in the direction of the road - a three-quarters back view showing off that gleaming exhaust. Can I persuade you to take another ride out there? :D

I like the irony of the second shot - a more subtle statement about freedom, imho. The prison looks very forbidding and the bright, gleaming bike is a great contrast.

Jean

Sorry I’m so late getting in my shot for this week, I literally only took it very early (3am) after my late shift today on Wednesday.

To say ‘I’ve been busy is a under statement...:eek:

I’m not really that happy with it but felt I had to get in something... in fact I’ve not been online for days so not seen this week’s theme yet...:thinking:

So here is my poor effort, but it’s in so that’s what counts. The picture was taken from Plymouth Hoe looking out to sea towards the Plymouth breakwater.

I did like the moon reflection and the ships in the background is was on a very high ISO setting so it’s a bit grainy.

MOONSHOTS072newwithboarder2.jpg

Hope to do better with this week’s theme...whatever it is...

:clap::clap: That I really really like Marcus. The lights on the water almost frame the moon track. The sky is beginning to lighten for sunup and there's some nice textures in the water and the clouds. I don't think the grain is a problem.

:clap::clap: That I really really like Marcus. The lights on the water almost frame the moon track. The sky is beginning to lighten for sunup and there's some nice textures in the water and the clouds. I don't think the grain is a problem.

:agree:

Love the composition and at that size the grain isn´t visible.

Well done young man for getting the shot in eventually :clap::clap:

What John said. :)

In fact, I think the grain adds atmosphere. Well worth being up at 3 am for imo. :clap::clap::clap:

Jean

Well, Catch up time!

Inspiration is a very nice montage. I'm sure I've said it before, but I'm very jealous of you living down there. I had 6 months in Exeter and loved it. Especially loved the roads when I had my TL1000!!!
Development, great idea and very nicely lit.
Freedom, LOVE IT! I had a 1200S when I first got out here but unfortunately had to let it go and get a car instead when I broke my wrist (i was using it to commute 45 miles each way out in to the desert). It instantly made me think of flying down that inviting road, but I'd be looking forward to the corners more :D
Night, Far, far too hard on yourself. I think it's a very nice shot indeed. I love the composition and just goes to show that you don't always need to stick to the rules.

Tip top!!! (y)

Nice shot Marcus, as Kenny said, might have cropped the wall in the foreground.

I can see why you left it having said that, just a pity it was not a bit more sea to give the moons reflection a bit of space. You've done well with the scene you had though a fine take on the theme.

Back