Spartacus my 52...Week 26 Night...Sorry I’m late...:(

Loving your reshoot :love: :clap::clap::clap:

Dark - I wondered if someone would do Dark Side of the Moon and you haven't disappointed and the Lighting on DV is fantastic. I wonder what it would look like if the Album was in focus - maybe detract from DV but I don't think so. But that's just a minor crit from personal taste because I love the album cover so much. Well done sir, and well done for getting a reshoot in too.

Great shots :clap::clap:

So here we go again another week and I’ve managed to get something in on time.

I seem to be making a habit of leaving thing last minute. I really am struggling to find the time just at the moment with a million things that take preference from my finishing my week’s task.

Still it’s the same for all of us I guess, but it’s not getting any easier as the weeks go by.

Maybe you too have notice the amount of people dropping out as we go. I had a list of people that I would comment on but that getting smaller.

Well here’s my effort for this week nothing special, but it’s a very simple carving that was given to my wife sometime ago, but the more I look at it the more I love the simple lines that draw you in.

fig3.jpg

Things I’ve learnt this week

1. It’s good to still be here at Week 18.
2. What did I ever do before these 52s?
3. Hope next week is a bit easier.

I think you've done well here. The lighting and clean b/g really add to the simplicity of the theme. Well done for keeping going.

Mark

I've looked at this over and over and I can't find anything to crit about it, superb shot.

Love the colour of the background, the lighting, the shape of the statue.

Starting to see you bring more to the table week on week, keep it up mate.

Catch up time, for me. I'm sorry I managed to miss your reshoot and week 17, so here goes:

Duo reshoot: I loved your first shot of this, ... and I love this one, too. It's a totally different perspective and I like the dramatic sky, although a clear blue sky would, imo, make it a strong candidate for a postcard or tourism publicity brochure! Very nice indeed :clap:

Dark: The Dark side of the Moon :bonk: I thought of the title, but couldn't think of a way to illustrate it in a photograph. Well done - perfect take on the theme. (y)

Week 18 Simple:

I've looked at this over and over and I can't find anything to crit about it, superb shot.

Love the colour of the background, the lighting, the shape of the statue.

Starting to see you bring more to the table week on week, keep it up mate.

I can't say it better than that. Spot on. :clap::clap:

Jean

I have to say, Hyster has hit it on the head perfectly.. Excellent shot (y) (not sure why you think you've turned in a poor one this week, that's based on your comment on mine..)

I missed your Dark & reshoot shots - how rude! :bonk:

Re-shoot - Lovely composition and a great perspective on the scene. Even the foreground stuff is interesting - the more I look at it the more I like :clap:

Dark - love the lighting on the figure and it's a great take on the theme.

Simple - another great shot - love the graduation of light to dark in the background and there is nothing not to like about the subject itself.

Two great weeks - can't wait to see what you do for Linear!

Another great shot from you sir :clap::clap::clap:

Simple clean lines and the lighting and graduated background are spot on (y)

You just keep on delivering the goods :clap:

Youe reshoot is fabulous for duo - shows the two bridges off to great effect!

Dark - two dark icons in one shot - splendid! Great idea well executed :)

Simple - what a lovely piece of art that is - love it! and you've captured it sooo well!

Truly a lovely and simple shot :D

Simply stunning. Background, use of light and shadow, placement, clarity, colour all spot on. well done. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have to say, Hyster has hit it on the head perfectly.. Excellent shot (y) (not sure why you think you've turned in a poor one this week, that's based on your comment on mine..)

:agree: well done

Thank you for the very positive response for last week’s theme Simple.

I’m still having a problem assessing my photography for these 52s each week.

I have so many idea’s I’d like to do but find either time or skill (sometime both) don’t allow.

So when I do put in my photo I’m never really that happy with it... :(

Please tell me I’m not the only one to think this about their photography...:cautious:

Anyway on with this week’s shot...glad I wasn’t using my old 35mm film camera or I think the cost of film alone would have had me remortgaging...:LOL:

This is what I settled for in the end...:razz:

But it fits the themes and that’s what counts in the end.

Linear.jpg

1.Stop being so arty and wasting time on rubbish ideas...:bang:

2.If you’re struggling with a shot walk away and come back later if you still think it’s worth it.:thinking:

3.Try not to be so self critical of your own work.:nono:

I have so many idea’s I’d like to do but find either time or skill (sometime both) don’t allow.

Please tell me I’m not the only one to think this about their photography...:cautious:

2.If you’re struggling with a shot walk away and come back later if you still think it’s worth it.:thinking:

Thank goodness you've summed up what I often feel about the 52, I'm very rarely happy with the results as I find finding the time difficult to say the least....anyway, good to know i'm in company. Todays shot is something you should be proud of, on theme and good composition to boot :clap: :clap:

You are difinitely not the only one to think this way!!

Lovely composition this week and glad you decided to go with this idea. The colours within the picture are very nice on the eye too. well done :clap: :clap: :clap:

You are difinitely not the only one to think this way!!

Lovely composition this week and glad you decided to go with this idea. The colours within the picture are very nice on the eye too. well done :clap: :clap: :clap:

:agree:

Colours and composition make this work well :)

The two elements I love about this are the vanishing point tucked over to the left and that row of white houses on the right holds some kind of fascination for me :thinking:..thus balancing the image :)

Nice one! (y)

Great shot, fits the theme perfectly!!

And I think the same of mine, don't worry - although you have no reason to! (y)

Thank goodness you've summed up what I often feel about the 52, I'm very rarely happy with the results as I find finding the time difficult to say the least....anyway, good to know i'm in company.

I agree completely with what you are saying about self assessment. I really like a picture until I post it then think OMG surely you can do better than that!

I love the perspective of this picture, leading you to the bridge at the end than the eye sweeping back past the houses. The only thing I would have liked to see was a bit more atmosphere in the sky, but where are the clouds when you need them :shrug:. But that's just a minor niggle.

Well done sir :clap::clap::clap:

You're definatley not alone, I have the same thoughts about my own photography. Just lately I've had a few people complimenting me on my pictures, I really struggle with it as I can't often see it myself. :shake:

On to your shot, I like it, the composition is good and there is enough interest in the picture to keep the eye interested. :clap:

Mark(y)

Hehehe - I was going to say - you're not alone in not being able to assess your own photos - there are 2 of us!! But it seems we occupy a crowded space. :LOL: It always amazes me when people look at their work and think it's perfect - there's always something to learn. :)

Don't stop being 'arty' though - it's the experiements that may not work that push us forwards, and constructive criticism by anyone is a learning opportunity. Even self-criticism (constructive, of course!) :)

This week's shot is excellent. For me it's the composition that makes it - textbook vanishing points in particular. (y)(y) I also like the strong horizonal line of the bridge.

Jean

I'm another one who isn't happy with most of the images I produce (not just the 52, although that more often then most)...

As for Linear, it works really well, the lines are strong, good work (y)

Hehehe - I was going to say - you're not alone in not being able to assess your own photos - there are 2 of us!! But it seems we occupy a crowded space. :LOL:

Is there room for one more :D

In a way it's good to think this way as it will spur us all on to bigger and better things... and hopefully taking part in this project will help us keep the motivation going.

I think your shot works very well for the theme and I love how you've caught the colour of the sky :clap:

Oh and please don't stop being arty - isn't there a saying that goes along the lines of "I didn't fail the test, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong". I'm working on the basis that by getting it wrong 100 time I am learning and one day I might just find the way to get it right. That will be a good day :)

I agree with everyone else here, Marcus! Great stuff this week. I think you know what I'm going to say though, this would look great in black and white...

No no no :nono:

That's one thing I never would consider for this shot, it's the lovely sky for me that made me put in this shot, yes a bit more cloud would have been nice. But this was a photo I didn't want to play around with too much...oh and by the way many thanks to you all having the same doubts...:LOL:

It was our Plymouth Half Marathon today so thought it would be the perfect opportunity to get so real Emotion in the faces of all the competitors. I couldn’t decide which shots to leave out so please forgive me but I’ve put in three but I’ve down sized two of them.

Anticipation

Anticipation.jpg

Happy

Happy.jpg

Miserable

Miserable.jpg

1.Its fun doing street photography, if a little scary at first.
2.If you take too many shots it’s going to be impossible to get just one you like.
3.People pull the funniest faces while running.

No 3 for me regarding the theme, but no 2 for enjoyment;)

Number 3 for me too, best shot of the set I think.

I like all three - for different reaons.

#1 - I like the way you've filled the frame with runners - they could be anywhere, they're just running. You've caught so many different expressions and emotions, and dof and focus are spot on.

#2 - They're having fun - and you've captured it beautifully.

#3 - Ahh, doesn't your heart go out to this little chap. Again, very well captured.

What a great set - and each one made me smile. :clap::clap::clap:

Jean

Nice set!

1. I like how you've filled the frame, this shot is literally FULL of different emotions.

2. Great fun shot - gives a real feeling of the spirit of the day.

3. Pick of the bunch for me - although without the other two it would lack context.

The pic you have chosen shows a wide range of emotions but i have to say i love the kiddy, they have such great expressions and you have caught it well :D

Ah its all been said above Marcus - three great shots - they each could have been great individual shots for this weeks theme

But for me #2 exudes sooo much happiness :) and #3 the exact reverse and both take equal prizes in this trio! :clap:

Well no wonder you had trouble choosing which to put in, because they are all fantastic shots!!

I think number one is my favourite because of the differing emotions in the crowd, and it is one of those where's wally shots that each time you look at it you see something you hadn't noticed before. I also love the colours that the crowd give this image. super :clap: :clap:

Now your just showing off! Any one of them would fit the bill but the first is the pic for me, love the colour and how you have created a sea of faces with nothing to distract or break the flow of the pic, superb shot.

Any would work perfectly for the theme, and all three are great photos... that's such an awesome stomp in #3 though.. that would be my pick.

Blimey this has turned out a lot more thought provoking then I first thought...:thinking:

I was getting a bit bogged down with what to do and found this subject very hard to get to grips with...:puke:

Hope this is going to be ok for this week’s theme...:(

A very complex and beautiful thing to me is to see birds flying with what appears with so very little effort.:)

So my Complex is a very important component of how they can achieve this...

theme6.jpg

It’s been another tough week so well done to everyone for sticking with the 52s...(y)

Very strong shot Marcus, my first though was how you could have lost the shadow but I think the pic would have been poorer with out it.

I like this a lot, very well done Sir.

Back