Stag portrait

For me, it's 1st. Really great shot.

1st for me.

Another vote for the 1st from me too Russ, well captured (y)

Yep 1st ... 2nd is neither here nor there really :)

Russ what a cool frame..........I'm the odd one out buddy :LOL: the 2nd all the way for me. Russ could we also see the image FF, IE no crop please. Mate i'm not a huge fan of a square crop, no reasons particularly, I'm aware of that preference though so should declare that.

I kinda wan't a tad more at the base and a gnats more on the width Russ................ that little hair on both outermost horns within the antler are too close to the edges for me I need feela to breath just a bit more.

Nice mate how ever you choose to crop NICE !!

stu

Russ what a cool frame..........I'm the odd one out buddy :LOL: the 2nd all the way for me. Russ could we also see the image FF, IE no crop please. Mate i'm not a huge fan of a square crop, no reasons particularly, I'm aware of that preference though so should declare that.

I kinda wan't a tad more at the base and a gnats more on the width Russ................ that little hair on both outermost horns within the antler are too close to the edges for me I need feela to breath just a bit more.

Nice mate how ever you choose to crop NICE !!

stu
Stu, me ol' Mucker - long time , no speak! Here's the uncropped shot:

_59I3611-Edit-Edit-3.jpg

Stu, I was a bit constrained in cropping the full frame to get the choice of the two I posted, so I'm not quite sure how I can satisfy your crop request mate!

Russ :)

Ha buddy no speaky......... I know I'm sorry bro ,it's all my failiings as always. ( ya good me olde mate?)...............I'm trying to make this van thingy to go togging in Russ...........I see loveliness in bits of wood folks throw on a bonfire.....it's not good!! It all takes so so long. OMG mate put a bit of bent water damaged throw out walnut in front of a stu he thinks he's been given a gift from the gods ,it's just not good but I have to go there I can't afford walnut and it's free;)

anyways :LOL:

Buddy to your image......it's that one . ^^^^.................as framed that you made in the moment !! rock 'n' roll:cool:

No need to crop ................it's there right in front of you mate, beautifully framed, just enough below for virtual legroom .............enough space the the big boy to breath. Maybe Mike could coax more from it Russ , in post. I don't think I could!!

Russ I have this Ff thing going on which you know about......... so maybe i'm biased ............. by that ..................which again I'll declare for others reading this not so much you.

Mate what you nailed in camera is to me better than either crop...............it's all those years of you as an image maker encapsulated.......sure the didg realm lets us crop ...AND SOME !! I just can't.......... don't see that need here

For me, your image is the 3rd shown here not the crops.

Ahh mate, you are a bit older than me............ a lot better as an image maker than me................... it feels lame to say trust your self

But soddit I will anyway:LOL:

Trust you Russ nailed in camera done and dusted a gnats of post

SORTED !!

take care buddy forgive me for dropping of the planet, i'm taking a beating of late,but you ain't lost your touch kiddo !! Trust that !! :)

The whole body one is nice too — cropped to square! :) . I like square so I’m biased, but it somehow emphasises that he’s looking at the viewer for me.

Ha buddy no speaky......... I know I'm sorry bro ,it's all my failiings as always. ( ya good me olde mate?)...............I'm trying to make this van thingy to go togging in Russ...........I see loveliness in bits of wood folks throw on a bonfire.....it's not good!! It all takes so so long. OMG mate put a bit of bent water damaged throw out walnut in front of a stu he thinks he's been given a gift from the gods ,it's just not good but I have to go there I can't afford walnut and it's free;)

anyways :LOL:

Buddy to your image......it's that one . ^^^^.................as framed that you made in the moment !! rock 'n' roll:cool:

No need to crop ................it's there right in front of you mate, beautifully framed, just enough below for virtual legroom .............enough space the the big boy to breath. Maybe Mike could coax more from it Russ , in post. I don't think I could!!

Russ I have this Ff thing going on which you know about......... so maybe i'm biased ............. by that ..................which again I'll declare for others reading this not so much you.

Mate what you nailed in camera is to me better than either crop...............it's all those years of you as an image maker encapsulated.......sure the didg realm lets us crop ...AND SOME !! I just can't.......... don't see that need here

For me, your image is the 3rd shown here not the crops.

Ahh mate, you are a bit older than me............ a lot better as an image maker than me................... it feels lame to say trust your self

But soddit I will anyway:LOL:

Trust you Russ nailed in camera done and dusted a gnats of post

SORTED !!

take care buddy forgive me for dropping of the planet, i'm taking a beating of late,but you ain't lost your touch kiddo !! Trust that !! :)
- you take care, mate :)
The whole body one is nice too — cropped to square! :) . I like square so I’m biased, but it somehow emphasises that he’s looking at the viewer for me.
- the square crop does seem favourite, Richard - thanks for your input :)
I really like the whole body shot :) Great capture!
- cheers - interesting how we sometimes see things in different ways! That what makes this site so interesting to me when we get critique and differing points of view!

Russ

Last edited:
Ruddy 'eck R

I'm ok with everyone else being square Rich.mind ya knew that already didn't ya:p :LOL: Seriously though as always I love the fact we are all different
- cheers matey :)
- you can go off someone you know!! :coat:

Russ

Russ you must be waaay more dapper than me i'd have taken that from Les as a compliment it's waay better than beiing told ya look like a bag of nails !!:exit:

Ruddy 'eck R

I'm ok with everyone else being square Rich.mind ya knew that already didn't ya:p :LOL: Seriously though as always I love the fact we are all different

Russ you must be waaay more dapper than me i'd have taken that from Les as a compliment it's waay better than beiing told ya look like a bag of nails !!:exit:
Hi Stu
- Dapper? Dapper? Me? You're much too kind, Stu! I tell you something - I always look up when someone says "Hey look, there's a Bearded Tit" :D:D

Russ

Back