Stephen Carson's 365

----- Day 34 -----

A bit of a filler shot really, I messed up my timing and missed the light so the sun was down over the horizon.

I intend to revisit this location at some point in the future with more light!

----- Day 35 -----

More lighter madness!

More great shots there Stephen the Indiana Jones tribute is awesome, Day 34's is very nice also, looking forward to the revisit, and cool effects with the zippo (y)

Sean

Day 34 is fantastic, on another day with a setting sun and nice cloud formation it would be even better

----- Day 34 -----

A bit of a filler shot really, I messed up my timing and missed the light so the sun was down over the horizon.

I intend to revisit this location at some point in the future with more light!

Nice shot Stephen

Where was it taken ?

It was just on the shore of lough erne at a little slipway which my grandad used to go and launch his boat to go fishing at.

Last edited:
----- Day 36 -----
3261073242_c59c64ac73_o.jpg

A swan! The lighting was quite harsh here even though the sun was quite low down.

high contrast brings out the harsh light, I was reducing the shadows it to give the tones more subtly.

One part of lower lough erne pretty much looks like another though :p

This was out the shore road, near Tully Castle if you know the area.

----- Day 37 -----

Enniskillen Castle at night!

----- Day 38 -----
3266660395_e01a41c472_o.jpg

Back to the dull and dreary weather so just another lighter shot, this time externally lit.

Just done a quick catch up, 10, 18 & especially 27 really stand out for me. Keep up the good work.

----- Day 39 -----
3269529485_8500e24a78_o.jpg

My RC car the Tamiya TRF510x World Championship Edition!

Last edited:
It's battery, a 1/10th off-road car!

I just liked this one outta few the few I uploaded to flickr, I don't really know why I prefer it :p

----- Day 40 -----
3273148916_0bd84c76b1.jpg

Red Bull gives you wings! My planned shot fell through and didnt work at all so I went for a macro snapshot...

Just catching up Day 37 is a fantastic shot has a bit of everything in it (y) Like the lighter shot very well lit (pun intended ;) )

Sean

----- Day 41 -----
3275607296_7418b7195b_o.jpg

Another R/C racing shot.

Didn't have that good a run last night at the racing but it was good enough to maintain my championship standing. Had to make quite a number of adjustments to get the car to react a bit more and stabilise up the rear end in the end I got a good set-up and almost set TQ just a little mistake near the end of the qualifier saw me down into 3rd place on the grid.

The car for the finals seemed to handle totally different and I was 1lap down on everybody within the first minute as the car would swap ends and generally be very unstable out of the corners, after 2min or so the rear tyres appeared to be up to temperature and the car started handling great again so I set about getting some positions back. I got up to 4th place then ran out of time to get any more places which is lower than I would of hoped for but still enough for me to retain the 2nd place in the championship.

The car is a Schumacher Cat SX owned by a fairly new driver to the club who's getting faster every week, currently usually backing up the A final I fear he may be in-front of me in a few more months!

The cars are surprisingly strong, they can take quite heavy accidents and not have any damage.

----- Day 42 -----
3277134119_81a1a09ceb.jpg

Surprisingly busy day today, I was knocking up a quick site for the r/c club as it was never gonna get done otherwise so I can hand the running of it over to another person.

----- Day 43 -----
3279660474_a0dedb231e_o.jpg

Since it was a crap day today and I really didnt feel like shooting another macro I decided to go out and take a few b&w shots, this one is intentionally over-dramatic for no reason at all!

The lastest one isnt HDR, just a contrast map over a single raw file which gives a similar effect.

----- Day 44 -----
3282336097_302eb77454_o.jpg

Playing with some home made extension tubes, the width of the frame is about 3mm.

Last edited:
Is that a key???

I've been looking at your other one's on flickr, and that's the closest I can come.

I like them, how did you make your extension tubes??

It's just me holding the lens with an old r/c tyre between the body of the camera and the lens to block light :D

------ Day 45 -----
3286222826_8fa1f77d56_o.jpg

I had planned to take some photos for an archery newsletter today of a coaching session with the development officer for northern ireland but as it turned out they didnt come down to the club and I was too busy shooting a head to head for a winter league.

I didn't shoot that terribly well but still managed to scrap through winning my match by 4pts dispite missing the target with one of the arrows somehow.

Last edited:
Back