Critique Street Photos

Really like #1, there is just something about it I can't put my finger on but I like it none-the-less

in the first the main character is to close to the side and the food is cut of. The second is to central and again the feed are cut of. Ik like the b&wsetting of the first two.
The 3rd the weakest of the set , it should be set straight and the lady in red atract all the attetion.

in the first the main character is to close to the side and the food is cut of. The second is to central and again the feed are cut of. Ik like the b&wsetting of the first two.
The 3rd the weakest of the set , it should be set straight and the lady in red atract all the attetion.
thank you, my choice for the placement of the man in the first image was intentional. however, I appreciate your advice and will keep them in mind in the future.

I agree with Chris, I like the first one but I'm not totally sure what it is that appeals. I like the balance between the man in the front with the women in the background (both near the edges of the picture) and the lighting adds interest.

Number 2 needs something else of interest to me, although the clothing adds some interest it is not enough for me, maybe some more interaction between them or a more interesting background might have worked. Also, while I don't mind not being able to see the feet of the man in the first image I don't think it works in this one, especially having just the toe of the man's shoe and the heel of one of the lady's shoe.

Number 3, looks like the situation had potential but not sure you quite managed to catch it. I would probably prefer to be able to see what he was pointing at or have been a bit more in front of him and be able to see more of his face. Apart from him having some food I don't really know what he is doing, is he directing someone/talking to someone?

Well done for getting out and taking photos on the street, it's not something I have done very much but what I have done has helped me appreciate how hard it can be to catch the right moment and composition.

I agree with Chris, I like the first one but I'm not totally sure what it is that appeals. I like the balance between the man in the front with the women in the background (both near the edges of the picture) and the lighting adds interest.

Number 2 needs something else of interest to me, although the clothing adds some interest it is not enough for me, maybe some more interaction between them or a more interesting background might have worked. Also, while I don't mind not being able to see the feet of the man in the first image I don't think it works in this one, especially having just the toe of the man's shoe and the heel of one of the lady's shoe.

Number 3, looks like the situation had potential but not sure you quite managed to catch it. I would probably prefer to be able to see what he was pointing at or have been a bit more in front of him and be able to see more of his face. Apart from him having some food I don't really know what he is doing, is he directing someone/talking to someone?

Well done for getting out and taking photos on the street, it's not something I have done very much but what I have done has helped me appreciate how hard it can be to catch the right moment and composition.

I agree with your points. Your feedback is appreciated steve, thank you very much

Last edited:
Back