Weekly StuartPearson 52 for 2020 - Week 21 - Liquid

Name
Bernd
Edit My Images
Yes
Clever idea! Have you done another shot with the focus on the front of the car?

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Bursting out of some kind of time tunnel, I like that. Transport in time and space.
At least, that's what it says to me...

My only critique is that the car isn't quite horizontal. I would have liked it either bang on the horizontal, or at more of an angle (making it deliberate).

Name
Bernd
Edit My Images
Yes
I think that's rather a gate than a fence, but plenty of rust and wood colours and textures! (y)

Name
Bernd
Edit My Images
Yes
Wow! The flowers really stand out with their brilliant colours in front of the plain white background, great photo!

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
They really stand out against the pure white background well, so I assume they are a selection maybe?

Really nicely taken, the colours are great. And the mask/selection is really well done.

The only potential issue with it being so perfectly cut out is that you get a floaty feel to the image.
Which is fine if that's what you're after, but if not, have a google for "adding a shadow in photoshop" for ideas on how to add a shadow which would ground the image. I know it's a trick I've used (you can also do something really similar to add reflections).

OP
OP
StuartPearson
Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
They really stand out against the pure white background well, so I assume they are a selection maybe?

Really nicely taken, the colours are great. And the mask/selection is really well done.

The only potential issue with it being so perfectly cut out is that you get a floaty feel to the image.
Which is fine if that's what you're after, but if not, have a google for "adding a shadow in photoshop" for ideas on how to add a shadow which would ground the image. I know it's a trick I've used (you can also do something really similar to add reflections).
It is a selection with a white background added in post. They are actually just about floating in mid air. My camera is on the ground pointing up and I have a white foam board across two chairs. The board has a hole in it through which I am suspending the flowers from.

Here is the view from the camera

1FA80F14-3624-4783-B21D-20AB40D33099.jpeg

This is the original image, the only adjustment is a square crop

4D16EC44-7611-4299-9D6A-7F353BF7D564.jpeg