Studio Build Thread

Well done guys. Set up looks perfect!

Stevie- said:
It would be nice however it's the reception, we need heating in that space (there will be rads on the wall) and we have not other real option for running the pipe work. we are working in what is essentially an industrial space!

Just be careful of little uns running about and putting their inquisitive hands on hot pipes.

The reception.

Taken at my favourite time of day to be in the studio, evening with low sun coming in the doors.

7296775766_5c70bbe179_c.jpg

7296778884_b562402e75_c.jpg

And hand dryers, just cos!

7296775902_c71e74dd7c_z.jpg

Holy balls, this is a transformation and a half! Put me down for a shoot in here anytime!

Viewing room pretty much ready to rock. Just waiting on OS mountain Lion!! but thats a whole other story!

7301592588_ca321e0f52_c.jpg

7301592240_b3d9c33cbf_c.jpg

And that big desk will be getting swapped out too.

First shoot today.

Mollie the Joiners daughter, seemed fitting.

Nothing outstanding in terms of lighting or flare, she would motor from one end of the room to the other staring at her feet! At least we now know that the curve will taking a pounding of abuse! she ran up it at least a dozen times!

Just some basic lightroom editing.
7302949768_b88a3561c1_z.jpg

What an amazing journey! Thank you for the pics detailing from start to finish, I thoroughly enjoying reading through! The reception looks amazing warm and welcoming! The brick wall really add to the character! Fantastic job well done! Wish you both (or was it 3 of you)a bucket full of good luck on your new venture!
Naz

What an amazing journey! Thank you for the pics detailing from start to finish, I thoroughly enjoying reading through! The reception looks amazing warm and welcoming! The brick wall really add to the character! Fantastic job well done! Wish you both (or was it 3 of you)a bucket full of good luck on your new venture!
Naz

Thanks, Yeah there is the 3 of us.

The journey isn't over yet. Need to make the place work then tackle the rest of the building. There will be a studio build MK II (and maybe a MK III). plus phase one has still to be polished!

A productive day today. We finally received our display products, organised large format poster for the front windows and got started on the network.

Id just like to say thanks to all the guys who've helped us out, I've taken snippets from all of you and seemed to have come up with something that should work. Today we wired in 2 macs into a switch and into the router. This included building up the Cat5e cables with plugs and sockets. Really chuffed we got it up and working and damn it's fast!

Tomorrow we'll unbox the server and download studioplus.....still not 100% on how this will work but the bit I knew least about is done.

Thanks again! Couldn't have done it without your advice!!

I must say it's been a really good read and it's amazing how it's turned out. Shows what can be acieved with some hard graft and some knowhow. Wish you all the luck and hopefully they'll be queuing at the doors :)

Best of luck guys , I hope that all goes well .

That image number 1 is absolutely marvelous! Superb...just my kind of thing. :)

Well done on getting the studio sorted and good luck. :)

Loving the kids portrait shots! I love em all! The BW are superb! Well done on your official opening!

Back