Studio Build Thread

Wow wonderful shots & I'm amazed at how you've transformed from the first photographs you posted to the finished interior & the photographs you're creating with the new space. Love ittt.

Thanks everyone

Network is functional but not how id like it, id like to set-up profiles for each 'employee' so they have a common desk top in which ever mac they sign in on.

I have been trying to get pro-select and studio cloud sorted so as it's functional it'll do!

The advice I got from you and a few others was a great help though! Really appreciated!

Just a few wee shots that we did today.

Teenage (14/15 I think) ice skaters. Great to photograph, used to taking abit of direction/coaching!

7427773132_9a1c8d60d9_z.jpg

7427773926_f5ee615ed3_z.jpg

7427773342_ed7dc909a4_z.jpg

7427774694_a035577c0a_z.jpg

This is a 70-200 at f4.5, I love the falloff of light and the DoF with this. I reckon it'll become a go too for headshots.

We have already taken a bit of a step back from high-key portraits in favor of a more structured and balanced lighting set up. It still come out for toddlers and when required though but a lot more subtle than we used to.

Gorgeous set! That lens is a cracker! Definitely on my " things I need" list! I really like the framing as well and the colours and lights are just brilliant!

Its not meant to. Its an unlit white background. But I see what you mean.

I'm no longer a huge fan of the blown out high key thing - I'm over it!

I see the corner thing too but there's a horrible gray halo all around the girl too.

This monitor is maybe needing some attention then as I really can't see it. hhmmm.

The original is fixed now :)

When using a white background a quick check is using the magic selection tool to see how even it is (use with a low tolerance like 2 or 3). The top corners and the halo around the subject were quite obvious on my calibrated monitor guys.

Nice set though and lighting looks great!

Last edited:
Well done, just read through from start to finish, whole place looks fab, good luck.

Great thread. I love Homes Under The Hammer, seeing what people have done to their houses so this was right up my street!

The final shots look absolutely fantastic
Well done guys, hope you get the rewards for all your graft

Just spent the last hour reading this thread. What a transformation!

Good luck with your new venture.

Just read this all the way through.

Fascinating. Congratulations. I hope all the effort and hard work pays off for you all.

The final shots look absolutely fantastic
Well done guys, hope you get the rewards for all your graft

Just spent ages reading through your build thread. Love it!
Very inspiring and you guys have a beautiful space.

Keep up the good work.

Just spent the last hour reading this thread. What a transformation!

Good luck with your new venture.

Thanks Folks! (y)

Just found this thread and i've got to say i'm very very jealous.

I'm sure all the hard work will pay off for you guys. The pictures you've produced so far are great. Keep it up :)

Followed this for a while and not posted in some time

Some fantastic work and images to show

Well done to you all

Great job guys, the place looks stunning and the fact you did it all yourself is a real credit to you. Looks "reassuringly expensive" :)

Good luck in the venture and hope it all goes well for you

Thanks guys,

Yesterdays wedding on facebook and the blog.

Nice images Matt. Just so you know though, you spelt Chatelherault wrong :)

Awesome thread!

Back