Studio Build Thread

i hate you stevie.

i was supposed to be in bed an hr ago but i've spent it going through the thread!

fantastic stuff mate!! the studio looks awesome congrats and i wish you and your business well for the future.

Stumbled across this thread this morning and have spent the last hour admiring your hard work. Congratulations !!

I hope your hard work is being rewarded with bulging wallets.....

i hate you stevie.

i was supposed to be in bed an hr ago but i've spent it going through the thread!

fantastic stuff mate!! the studio looks awesome congrats and i wish you and your business well for the future.

Ha! I take no responsibility for that! Thanks

Stumbled across this thread this morning and have spent the last hour admiring your hard work. Congratulations !!

I hope your hard work is being rewarded with bulging wallets.....

Not quite yet but we're now turning out 25+ shoots a week so hopefully will begin to pull even!

Stevie, you really deserve to do well mate. Be very proud of what you've done there, ****ing excellent(y)

Just read the whole thread.....inspirational or what?!!!

Thats it, im off to buy an old industrial unit and a sledge hammer!!!!

Seriously, what you have done is dedication, expense, stress, fun, rewarding, knackering, but above all finished! And it looks amazing.

All the best!

Here's hoping you get all the success you deserve for all the hard work you put in.(y)

Thats Guys!

Its a rocky road and hard hard work!

The photography I'm happier with rather than the 'selling' side of things.

People seem to be a bit cagey and set up for getting that hard sell - which we don't do!

Anyway - Our stuff is dotted about the People&Portraits forum but I like to put an image up here - It serves as a nice wee timeline of progression for us.

8131135400_aeed7517cc_c.jpg

I haven't been online for a while as life was getting in the way, as it does. Amazing transformation since I last looked at this thread. Well done guys and good luck now your open for business

Well jel. What are the dimensions of that studio? Looks about 15 feet wide?

You know? I can't remember! I want to say 4.5m by about 7ish but I'm not sure.

I would have liked it to be wider but it was a decision made at the time. The other studios are gonna be much bigger.

You know? I can't remember! I want to say 4.5m by about 7ish but I'm not sure.

I would have liked it to be wider but it was a decision made at the time. The other studios are gonna be much bigger.
Found this from earlier in the thread:

Well now that I've got 5 minutes I'll try and give a brief rundown of layout etc.

We have settled on 3 separate studios, a large 4.8x9 with a 12ft celling a 4.8 x 8 (I think) with a 9ft celling and a smaller 4x 6.5ish studio with a 9ft celling. The smaller of the studios will primarily be set up for newborns hopefully. All studios will have a built in infinity curve and a series of paper roll backdrops etc.
Does the current main studio fit to any of those?

a large 4.8x9 with a 12ft celling is about the closest - The build underwent a major redesign after stripping out and was (and still is) pretty fluid in its progress.

Still nearly half the building to grow into!

I just found this thread, and read the entire thing. I've been sat here for an hour!

Brilliant job lads, just brilliant. Well worth all that hard work you put in.

Best of luck for the future!

:clap: fantastic thread indeed. A true inspiration, if i grow some plums in the next few years i have to undertake something similar, i would love such a place :D

I somehow missed this thread.

What a great read, extremely interesting and your finished premises look awesome.

Just found the thread......... how did I miss it :eek:

Wonderful work :clap: Hope you get the success you deserve.

Nope, we closed the doors in May this year.

The studios were stunning but not sticking to the business plan of building 3 studio spaces (rather than 1) cost us in the end.

2 - 3 month order book but not enough cash flow to sustain the business was it's downfall.

Rule #1 - Always follow your buiness plan.

Nope, we closed the doors in May this year.

The studios were stunning but not sticking to the business plan of building 3 studio spaces (rather than 1) cost us in the end.

2 - 3 month order book but not enough cash flow to sustain the business was it's downfall.

Rule #1 - Always follow your buiness plan.
That's a shame. Sorry to hear that.

Back