weekly Summer's 52 - week 51 negative

ugh Marsha I see what you mean, hmmm, how to fix?

Hi, Summer, edit is better...tad more space between your hand and the moon for me.

The underside of your hand....:thinking: looks like noise to me. Did you boost the exposure for the shadows?

Good idea, though.

Cheers.

well, in order to make sure the bg was all good, i boosted the levels right up to over expose it, then when i'd done the bg I took the levels back down. I think something went wrong lol, however I think I have fixed it - see above - any better? (I replaced the pic)

you guys just need to view it on a crappy monitor like mine - throw away the HD ones - then it looks fine :p

have given up on 1st one and deleted it :)

Hi Summer, I saw the original before you deleted it; least said the better I think!

The new version is brilliant. Great idea, and nicely composed. I like all the dead space and central placement.

thanks Mark, I couldn't work out how to re-position the layer so will have to play with it a bit more to see if I can make it go higher. Will also have to work out what upset the levels so much. Probably something to do with jpegs lol

Hi Summer

Shadow...for a shot taken in moonlight thats pretty darn good :) I read your comments on the window frame & agreed about it giving some context but then I scrolled it to lose the frame....works better for me but I no nothin :LOL:

Glow...what a fab idea missus...top marks for that & the crop works better . I too can see noise but have less than no idea who you fix/stop it happening :thinking:

thanks Lynne and Andy - someone on Flickr just congratulated me for getting it on Explore - so, wow lol, I have no idea how that works though, and I can't see it on Explore, so not sure :shrug:

thanks Alan and Marsha - someone at work told me to use a filter to remove the grain so when I have time I will give it a go, I have adobe now so I 'should' be able to do it lol

Brilliant idea really well executed the moon could possibly a bit higher but I don't know :thinking: really nice either way :clap:

thanks Peter and Allan - I would have made it higher except I haven't worked out how to reposition layers in relation to each other, I was just lucky that this was where it landed :LOL: although I did manage to resize it.

Hi Summer, apologies I've realised I missed commenting on your shadow shot. I see what people are suggesting about Darth Vader :LOL: but it fits the theme although a bit more contrast to accentuate the shadow may have helped bring it out a bit more.

Hi Summer, been a while since I passed this way.

That subway stands out from your last shots, it looks great.
I'd rather a slightly different positioning for the last shot, placing the entrance dead center for symmetry and maybe adjusting the settings to pick up less of the light outside of the tunnel and leaving a black. The clours are great though.

not been very well this week so this is all I have - sorry I haven't commented on yours yet - I will do it later or tomorrow - off to bed now with lem sip :(

PS thanks for the comments above :)

week 50 - round by moominmama, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like that Summer! Simple, but very effective. I love the colour, and the perfect black background :)

Just one question; what on earth is it?!

hi guys thanks for the comments - it's a small globe with LEDs in it, billed as a 'mood light' available from maplins for£2. What I really wanted to do was a light painted cage sphere but couldn't find any suitable light sources. Right time to catch up on comments :)

thanks Lynne, just had more Lem Sip and off to bed early again *sniffle* - can't really complain though, it must be 5 years since I had an illness :banana:

doing this week's early, and a bit lazy as I used a shot taken a few days ago and negatived it in pp, still on the lem sip tho and that's my excuse

week 51 - negative by moominmama, on Flickr

Hi, Summer, hope you're on the mend ,(y)thumbs:

Negative, well, it is :clap:

Liking the composition and subject. I'd like the blacks in the speckles to be the same all over, ideally the same as the ones under its beak.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi Summer :wave:
I do like your image for round, the vivid colour and simple composition come together to make a very effective image which is bang on theme (y)

Negative this is effective too, but I do think that it needs just a little more contrast across the image to really nail it. I like your creative thinking on this one, good work Missus (as Lynne would say ;)) Iain

Hi Summer, thats bang on theme, but being a little harsh, I'm not sure it works. The reason is that while it's obviously a lovely shot, it's less so with the negative treatment. I know you had to go negative for the theme, but somehow I just feel that in order for that to work, the subject needs to either be enhanced by it, or needs to fit with being "shot" in negative, and I don't think this pretty little bird does either :(

Or maybe I'm just being negative? Ha! :coat:

Round - This is certainly round. That purple colour really works with the black background

Negative - Obviously a negative but I'm afraid I'm with Mark on his comments with this one.

hi Summer

Negative - on theme and looks like a good bird shot. There seems to be good detail in thehead particularly but the negative treatment seems to diminish the quality of the shot. Mark has made the best crit of this.

Still only one more week to go. Hope that you are on board for next year????

Back