Takes on a Flower (August challenge)

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Well it finally dawned on me today, 4 days on, that it is August and we need a new challenge. So first out of the bag was "a flower"

Usual rules, i.e. there aren't any. Post your flower pictures here, you can post as many as you want and make constructive comments about what others post. ENJOY.

Paths were popular last month so heads up for @molly, @Nostromo, @Mark Johnson , @Gremlin , @d00d , @susiejb , @Ladystrange @badlywornroy , @Jason Crest , @chouglez , @R0bb0 @Cg_Girl @Cobra @dinorock @Dave70D @ancient_mariner @todders @Mr Bee @Poppypix

Apologies if I have missed anyone from last month

Last edited:
Me first, me first :p

Gerbera

i-35nLBFn.jpg

The camera was out to-day taking photos of my favourite garden flower. Its about 4ft high and at last the butterflies have found it.
Verbena bonariensis
Verbena.jpg

Great to see the thread off to a good start. That's very well done indeed @badlywornroy I like the crop and the details are great. Lovely use of DoF with good framing on the verbena @molly

AshleyC, your orchids are very dark both literally and figuratively. Not really my cup of tea, I like my flowers bright and colourful but well done for bringing something different to the thread and I'm sure others will like them.

Not quite @dinorock but we can follow the link. Nicely done

@susiejb I'm thinking this theme is up your street, the butterfly on the flower is lovely and so much says flower somehow and that iphone shot! - great Why did I spend all that money on gear?

@Nostromo - great set, who knew that sweet peas could be so dramatic?

@AshleyC - I'm torn, the dramatic take is something that I would normally go for but it's not saying orchids, sorry

@Cg_Girl - that second shot - Wow! the highlights might be a bit over but for me the processing is great, so calm and gentle.

Thank you! ...Yep I agree @sirch the highlights are a bit over, I did try and correct but it was just an iPad edit so ended up leaving it...

All - I'm off on holiday so might not be posting for a while depending on WiFi and, well, being on holiday but I just want to say nail-head-hit with this one. For me this is about interpretation of the subject and with this theme so far we have seen some really great takes on flowers (y)

Thanks Chris ....I think the light must have been just right for the iPhone one, I've seen some photos from the latest Samsung and they're stunning ....just had my new iPhone and wish I'd had a Samsung now!

Just saw your post ....have a great holiday.

@dinorock ....links not working on my iPad ....not sure why :( I think it might be me.

@AshleyC ....the first orchid in the B&W works for me ...I like those dramatic type shots.

@Cg_Girl super gentle softness in the first one ....I love it.

@dinorock ....links not working on my iPad ....not sure why :( I think it might be me.

I,ll check in case it's me

Thanks Mike, it has made the picture much sharper and clean, which editing programme do you use?

Back