Takes on a Flower (August challenge)

Thanks Chris ....I think the light must have been just right for the iPhone one, I've seen some photos from the latest Samsung and they're stunning ....just had my new iPhone and wish I'd had a Samsung now!

Just saw your post ....have a great holiday.

@dinorock ....links not working on my iPad ....not sure why :( I think it might be me.

@AshleyC ....the first orchid in the B&W works for me ...I like those dramatic type shots.

@Cg_Girl super gentle softness in the first one ....I love it.
Sorry to ask but how do you get different peoples photos.

Like, when you quote a person photo but then someone elses in the same post. Susiejb did it, dinorock, Ashleyc and yours all on one thread.

hit the +quote on the right then add the people you wish to quote hth Mike

Like, when you quote a person photo but then someone elses in the same post. Susiejb did it, dinorock, Ashleyc and yours all on one thread.
Ah the multi quote lol sorry I was being a bit thick then. [emoji23]

Blues are not my best for taking a photo, so with my 60mm lens tried dozens of takes on a Borage flower, I like the darker the better. The dreaded Montbretia love it or hate, spreads like mad but fills a gap. Golden Glow Buddlia, late flowering, not really a favourite for the butterlies but very pretty.
Borage in my garden.jpg Golden Glow Buddlia.jpg Monbrettia.jpg

Blues are not my best for taking a photo, so with my 60mm lens tried dozens of takes on a Borage flower, I like the darker the better. The dreaded Montbretia love it or hate, spreads like mad but fills a gap. Golden Glow Buddlia, late flowering, not really a favourite for the butterlies but very pretty.
View attachment 71011 View attachment 71012 View attachment 71013

Love the colours in the last one and the middle one fills the frame full of yellow perfectly :)

Both previously posted in Garden flowers - communal thread.

1. Osteospermum

i-hFKRh3C.jpg

2. Bellis

i-nV44mJC.jpg

I not sure what the first flower is but I think now I've thought about it as I have it growing all over the place, is the herb Marjoram and the insects and butterflies love it, especially the Small Tortoiseshell. Coming to think about it the first flower could be Streptococus.

Never seen one before but it looks like a flower, looks like you have a very nice garden there.

I wish it was my garden lol. It was taken at Chartwell. Where Sir Winston Chruchill Lived.The flowers in the garden there are some of the best I've seen.

I not sure what the first flower is but I think now I've thought about it as I have it growing all over the place, is the herb Marjoram and the insects and butterflies love it, especially the Small Tortoiseshell. Coming to think about it the first flower could be Streptococus.

Thanks l think, not sure what you mean by first flower ?

Back