Talk Photography Fantasy Football League(s) for 2020/21.

So far so good (apart from Kane). No disasters yet and gained a few points on our leader..... need a few more

I thought the Watkins 2nd yellow was harsh. He did actually get touched, and the Ref could have decided it was not worth a penalty or a card. I have seen blatant attempts at cheating not receive a card, or even worse, get the penalty.

There were a couple of incidents from the weekend where the player steps wide across the player attempting to get the ball from the side/behind, in effect obstructing the player without going for the ball, but that always seems to go in the favour of the player obstructing (imho).

Despite the -1 point for Watkins I'm ahead of the average atm, hopefully him not playing in the 2nd game will not be costly at the end of the week.

Forgot to say, the Maupay card was weird. Not sure what was going on in his head. Dunk and Maupay could come back bite Brighton on the b*m with them so close to safety. Hope not, as I like the way Brighton play.
Looks like with the Burnley win against Fulham, Fulham are now relegated. I wasn't watching intently, but there were some questionable decisions, but I think the evened out.

No points in that game for me. ;)

Interesting to see what teams Utd put out for their next two games.

Interesting to see what teams Utd put out for their next two games.
2 Utd defenders here, neither playing this eve, but so long as Greenwood plays and keeps performing it's something (y) defenders weren't going to get CS anyway. Sadly my captain Iheanacho did bugger all that game

Last edited:
Congratulations Leicester City, fantastic achievement to pretty much guarantee champions league next season, and of course congratulations to gods own club, 3 titles in 4 years is significant irrespective of your views on money spent

I was lucky to avoid the big scores this week in the H2H! Another -12pt shuffle for the weekend, really nothing to lose now just try grab as many points as poss for the next few games. You have just 2.5hrs to make changes for this week btw

Congratulations Leicester City, fantastic achievement to pretty much guarantee champions league next season, and of course congratulations to gods own club, 3 titles in 4 years is significant irrespective of your views on money spent
Leicester won't be counting their chickens yet, Liverpool beating manu means the loser of the Chelsea v Leicester game may miss out - providing Liverpool win their last 3:woot:

Leicester won't be counting their chickens yet, Liverpool beating manu means the loser of the Chelsea v Leicester game may miss out - providing Liverpool win their last 3:woot:

yes it's suddenly become very interesting, chelsea have some tough games to come and liverpool have 3, on paper, pretty straightforward games against teams with nothing to play for. Leicester would be very unfortunate to miss out after the season they have had, but Chelsea could miss out on FA cup, Champions league and qualification for next years CL all in the next couple of weeks

A high scoring week for many, with some teams having 2 or 3 games.

The leader, Amber Army(129), not only stays on top, but extends their lead ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom(121) to 18 points.

Double Pogba Redbull(110) stay in 3rd, Penfold's Dangermice(71) stay in 4th, but are now only three points ahead of Banished to Riyadh(117) who move up two places to 5th.

Farcealona(97) drop a place to 6th, three points behind, and Hardly Athletic(97) fall a place to 7th, only one point behind Farcealona. More on Farcealona and Hardly Athletic in my next post. ;)

Highest scorer of the week was Biggin Bangers with 138 points. :clap: Biggin Bangers jumped four positions to 10th, and are now just seven points behind me(111) in 9th. I am now one point behind Mrs Smith's Boys(66). :)

11th placed Champsanova(92) are now just one point ahead of 12th placed Ball Oxes(91).

13th placed Woodys wonders(96) are just two points ahead of DTFC Snapper(102) in 14th.

Atletico High Street(76) in 15th are two points ahead of horspath hounds(86) in 16th.

Nice to see so many teams have another team or two quite close to them at this point of the season. :)

The average score for the week was 83.

Some teams not playing because of the FA Cup Final. To late to change now though. ;) :LOL:

Talk Photography FF League Gameweek 35
1621013154455.png

Last edited:
Klopp Klopp Boom won their Head 2 Head 121 - 102 against DTFC Snapper to maintain their seven point lead ahead of Amber Army, who also won their H2H with AVERAGE 139 - 83. :clap: The winner is not yet decided. ;)

Biggin Bangers stay in 3rd after beating Mrs Smith's Boys 126 - 62. Despite the loss, Mrs Smith's Boys remain in 4th place.

Banished to Riyadh moved up a position to 5th by beating me :( in a quite high scoring 117 - 111 H2H. I was happy with that score for the week for my team though in the larger scheme of things. :)

Oh, and highest scoring draw I can remember was Farcealona and Hardly Athletic 97 - 97. :oops: :$ :LOL:

Next to take on AVERAGE is me, :oops: :$ again. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Talk Photography H2H League Gameweek 35 Results
1621015210174.png

Talk Photography H2H League Gameweek 36 Fixtures
1621015370100.png

Talk Photography H2H League Gameweek 35

1621015427936.png

Y'all sneaky City backers!! :ROFLMAO:

I checked the league table last night and everyone was on 0, thought 'ah, nobody had faith in the City players' then it updated ... some brave souls did indeed have faith

Great move for me bringing Bamford back btw :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Not got time to do a write up till later, but just a heads up that the deadline for making changes is Tue 18th May @16:30.

Just had a quick look at the table btw, and positions 4 & 5 are interesting, and positions 8 - 10 are interesting too. More detail later. ;)

Bamford pretty much lost me my H2H, it was a last second decision, would have won with my original plan but hey, that's the game we gotta stick by our decisions. Transfers done, again nothing to lose now but would have liked top 5 in the H2H, it's still possible if I win the remining 2 games and the guys just above me lose theirs :D I do actually play Mrs Smith's boys last round, need to get through redhead first though!

Last edited:
With a few games left to go, Amber Army's(54) lead at the top has extended to twenty eight points ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom(40). Twenty Eight points is not an unsurmountable lead, given that that number was double just this week, it could be decreased just as quickly, so this could go to the wire. :)

Double Pogba Redbull(59) stay 3rd, which will probably be their finishing position looking at how far behind the top two they are, and how far ahead they are ahead of 4th placed Banished to Riyadh(59). Penfold's Dangermice(52) move down a position to 5th, though on equal points as Banished to Riyadh.

Hardly Athletic(49) move up to 6th. Farcealona(34) move down to 7th.

Biggin Bangers(59) move from 10th > 8th, one point ahead of Mrs Smith's Boys(50), who is one point ahead of me(46), as I fall a place to 10th.

11th placed Champsanova(51) are only two points ahead Woodys wonders(59).

Like I said last week, it is good that there are close battles for some throughout, and it's only getting closer. :)

Highest scorer of the week was tarric tots with 61 points.

The average points score for the week was 38.

The next gameweek starts today, and there are two early games, so the deadline for making changes is Tue 18th May @16:30.

Talk Photography FF League Gameweek 36
1621296542388.png

Last edited:
Amber Army's 50 - 34 Head 2 Head win against Farcealona brought them to four points behind leader Klopp Klopp Boom, who lost their H2H with Woody's wonders 40 - 55. With just two weeks left, the

Biggin Bangers won their H2H with JUSTSTAYEDUP 55 - 43 to remain in 3rd, though their position was not under threat from behind, and their lead ahead of 4th place extends from six to eight points, and now ahead of Banished to Riyadh.

I took on AVERAGE this week, and came out ahead 46 - 38. :) And that win moved me up two places to 8th. :D

Next to take on AVERAGE is Penfold's Dangermice. Pōmaikaʻi iā 'oe. ;)

Talk Photography H2H League Gameweek 36 Results
1621298499973.png

Talk Photography H2H League Gameweek 37 Fixtures
1621298556533.png

Talk Photography H2H League Gameweek 36
1621298584456.png

Last edited:
I think I need to do something a bit different these last 2 week's, to try to halt my slide. 28 points to catch up may just be too big an ask though.

Disappointing gameweek for me so far. :thinking: 19 points from 5 players whose games were tonight. That may go up slightly as the Leeds keeper didn't play, so the Villa keepers points will be used, should he play, and get any, ;) tomorrow. Fernandes is Captain, but assist points (for a great Cavani goal) were slightly spoiled with a yellow card, so only 4 points for being Captain. :rolleyes:

14 points on the bench too for Bamford and Dallas, which may come into affect should any of the rest of the players not play.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow's games.

Edit: Just watched MotD, and Fernandes admitted he didn't touch the ball to assist, so his score may go down too. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Last edited:
Don't worry, he got the assist on FPL, all updated.

I played Pep roulette and was winning, Torres started! but then was substituted off after 14 minutes in the reshuffle when Cancelo got sent off:dummy:

I went with Foden and Gundogan in the Pep roulette. Gundogan was OK, but Foden wasn't looking too good till near the end. He's got 10 points though, which is not too bad. And 7 points for Gundogan, which is 17 for both, and the same as Bamford and Dallas on the bench, so all is good. :)

Just realized that Fernandes is my Vice Captain, so hoping for big points from my Captain Kane. ;)

Second red for me in 2 rounds, not had one all season before. Finishing as I started, couple of very crappy weeks, 18pts left on the bench this round and now I can't get top 5 in the H2H :( oh well

I might actually change the whole team for the last round :D

Last edited:
I actually did better than I expected in the end with late goals, assists and bonus points. 55pts -8 for transfer, so 47 in the end. GG @redhed17 I was never catching your score, you are certainly having a nice end of season but I think I've claimed 7th in the H2H, with 6th possible. I'll take that, wanted top 5 but last few rounds have been bad for me.

My aim was 10th in the League, currently 11th with 30+ points to clear just to make it to 10th without teams above me scoring, so I think that's done with - time to shake up the team one last time and just have fun with the last round

Last edited:
The lead at the top has increased to 30 points with one game to go for Amber Army(54) ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom(52). It is unlikely, but still possible to have a 31 point swing. ;)

The next five places remain the same, so Double Pogba Redbull(44) stay in 3rd in their 'no man's land', 125 points behind 2nd, but also 72 points ahead of Banished to Riyadh(61) in 4th. Only 13 points behind Banished to Riyadh in 5th is Penfold's Dangermice(48). A further 7 points behind is Hardly Athletic in 6th. There is a bit of a gap of 33 points from 6th to Farcealona(32) in 7th.

The first change from last week is me :D moving up from 10th > 8th with 69 points. and now only 7 points behind Farcealona. 69 points was also the highest score of the week, which was a pleasant surprise. :)

Mrs Smith's Boys(49) stay in 9th, now 19 points behind me, but only 1 point ahead of Biggin Bangers(47) in 10th.

Positions 11 - 14 are covered by 7 points. :oops: :$ ;)

The average points score for the week was 43.

All the final games are on the same day, which is Sunday, and the same time, 4pm, and so the deadline for changes is Sun 23rd May @14:30.

Talk Photography FF League Gameweek 37
1621538097397.png

Last edited:
With one game left to go the 20/21 Talk Photography H2H League has been won by Klopp Klopp Boom. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Their win against horspath hounds 52 - 44 put them on 82 points. Amber Army's loss to tarric totts in a close H2H 54 - 55 leaves them on 75 points. Klopp Klopp Boom needed to lose their last two H2H's, and Amber Army to win their last 2 H2H's for a change of leader. That is obviously over now, but guess what their final H2H is, yes each against each other! :oops: :$ It was set up for a final gameweek decider. :rolleyes: We've been robbed. :oops: :$ :LOL:

Biggin Bangers stay in 3rd, and is where they will finish the season, as they are 6 points behind Amber Army, and 6 points ahead of Mrs Smith's Boys in 4th.

Penfold's Dangermice took on AVERAGE, and came out victorious 48 - 43. :clap: Next to take on AVERAGE are Atletico High Street. уңышлар. ;)

I had a H2H against Ball Oxes, and won 69 - 47. :) Ball Oxes made their seemingly weekly raft of transfers, ;) :LOL: but even without the lost points being taken off for multiple transfers, the result would not have changed, as I had a very good week, thankfully. Next up for me in the final match is Atletico High Street, and dependent on the results for me, and around me, I could finish in 7th, a position higher than I currently am, or I could finish at worst 10th.

Talk Photography H2H League Gameweek 37
1621542083703.png

Talk Photography H2H League Gameweek 37 Results

1621542180866.png

Talk Photography H2H League Gameweek 38, and final, Fixtures

1621542327364.png

Last edited:
I'll happily take the H2H crown :woot: as consolation for missing out on the league... I fear a 30 point swing is just not possible looking at our teams!

I'll happily take the H2H crown :woot: as consolation for missing out on the league... I fear a 30 point swing is just not possible looking at our teams!
Congratulations. :clap:

We will wait to call the standard Talk Photography FF league, but got to be pleased with 1st or 2nd in any league. ;)

GL all for the final games (y) hard to see the top 3 change unless something very dramatic occurs, but there's that wee fight for top 10 places [not holding my breath,esp with 2 significant players down]

I completely disregarded the Euro cup on weds so my 2 united players are non starters

I played Messlier who's a no show also but will be replaced by Martinez, my replacements for the Utd players will be 2 Chelsea defenders and they're not doing so well atm. 2 goals so far from Pépe and Rodrigo but that's just covered my transfers

Just after I posted Pépe grabbed another, and my score shot up a bit, but, that's considering the 'Pool defs keep their CS. I hate that, you think you're doing ok thn one goal wipes out half your scores :D

Last edited:
Awwwwww, looks like I'm about to lose the final H2H because of players coming off the bench :/ I owe 12pts, but I'm currently 14 ahead, nice you'd think right? But ... Mrs Smith's boys have 17 to come off the bench to replace no shows, where I have only 12 incoming. Looks like I lose in the end by 3pts - GG Mrs Smith :)

If they'd had their order of defenders reversed we would have drawn [if Holding and Coufal were reversed]

Either way looks like The Chosen Ones will leap me, and I finish 8th, dissapointing but I've learned a lot this season, should be better prepped next time out (y)

Last edited:
And so we have the final standings for the Talk Photography FF League, and although Klopp Klopp Boom(49) scored more points than Amber Army(39), it was not enough to overcome Amber Army's lead. Amber Army wins by 20 points, 2399 v 2379.
So Official congratulations to Amber Army, winner of the Talk Photography FF League 20/21. :clap: :clap: :clap: Top:banana:

The top two were far and away ahead of everyone else, though I am glad that there was competition at the top, and one team did not run away with it to make the final result interesting until the last few weeks.

Amber Army took top spot in gameweek 8, and were there until gameweek 16, when Klopp Klopp Boom took over, and were leading until gameweek 33. Unlucky, but well done to Klopp Klopp Boom for pushing Amber Army right till the end, and of course winning the H2H league, where the the top positions are reversed, as you will see in my next post.

Commendation to Double Pogba Redbull(44), who on 2241, was quite a way behind the leaders, but quite far ahead of Banished to Riyadh(54) in 4th with 2187.

Banished to Riyadh were only 3 points ahead of Penfold's Dangermice in 5th. A further 15 points behind were Hardly Athletic(56) in 6th. I, with (61) ended up 35 points behind in 7th, and thankfully a last good gameweek score took me ahead of Farcealona(50) by 4 points. :)

Highest scorer of the week was Ball Oxes with 68 points. :clap: All the transfers worked, though not for their H2H (when the negative transfer points are taken off) ;) as you will see in my next post.

The average points score for the week was a quite high 49 points.

Thank you to all of those who took part. :clap: It it has made the football more interesting for me, and I hope for you too, and hope to see some, if not all of you back next season.

Final Talk Photography FF League Standing for Gameweek 38
1621863942731.png

Last edited:
The winner of the Talk Photography H2H League was decided last week, but congratulations to Klopp Klopp Boom again. :clap:

Klopp Klopp Boom increased their final lead to 10 points after they won their final H2H against 2nd placed Amber Army 49 - 39. Amber Army maybe feels a bit better this gameweek loss, by clinching the top spot in the standard FF league. ;)

The top six remained the same from the previous, so Biggin Bangers finished in 3rd, despite losing their H2H with tarric totts 51 - 41.

Mrs Smith's Boys finished 4th, winning their H2H with Ball Oxes 59 - 56.

Hardly Athletic finished in 5th after winning their H2H with Banished to Riyadh in a close 56 - 54. Banished to Riyadh finished in 6th, but could have reversed positions with Hardly Athletic if their H2H result was reversed.

I moved up to 7th on the final gameweek thanks to my final H2H win against Athletico High Street 61 - 45, and other results going my way. :)

Rotund FC were the final team to take on AVERAGE, and unfortunately lost 37 - 49.

Thank you to all of those who took part. :clap:

Whilst the top two were the same, though in a different order, as the standard league, I think the H2H nature, and randomness of who one is up against, adds something else for this league. You can beat the leader if you meet them on the right week. ;-) I hope to see some, if not all of you, back next season.

The Final Talk Photography H2H League standings, Gameweek 38
1621866002727.png

Talk Photography H2H League Gameweek 38 Results
1621866058358.png

Last edited:
It's been fun, for someone who hadn't watched football much at all for a couple year, I got to know a lot of the players and could actually join in post weekend footy discussions at work :D Should we go again next season I'll try to resist the 2-3 transfers every round, it can work but as you point out - when the points are owed back it's not so great, whoever you bring in needs to be getting good points, even a 6 isn't enough as the player you replaced may have gotten 4 but owed no points.

Well done Andrea and Chris, we'll get you next time out (y) :D

Congratulations to Andrea - Amber Army on the win, well done.

Thanks to redhed17 for organising the league's and the entertaining weekly write ups - It is much appreciated.

*Fixture spreadsheet deleted!

Last edited:
Looking back at this seasons Fantasy Football has certainly been a rollercoaster for me. In the standard league, I was down as low as 22nd, out of 23, :oops: :$ though thankfully had a good end to the season to finish 7th. I think all the Bench Boost and Triple Captain chips were wasted when I used them, so to get to back to 7th is miraculous.

Two thirds through the season I thought I was going to finish with my lowest score ever in the FF, but the last four gameweeks shot me right up. At it is, from 2009/10, this is my 3rd highest points score. I finished with 2134 points, in 1,404,512th place. In 2015/16 I had 2139 and finished in 125,066th place. :oops: :$ I think there are a few more people playing now. :LOL: My highest total ever was 2155 in 469,788th in 2018/19. I know that different seasons will vary on the performances of the players with regards to totals, but my totals over the years, and the finishing position give me an overall idea of how things went. And this has been OK in the end. ;)

The H2H league has been similar, I was down to 17th, out of 18, :oops: :$ and similar to the standard league, finished 7th. The H2H league is more random, as it is who you are up against each week, and how they and you do that week. It adds a bit more interest each week imho, especially if you are nowhere near the top. I know not all who joined the standard league joined the H2H league, but a good example is Biggin Bangers, who finished 10th in the standard league, yet finished 3rd in the H2H league.

Hopefully next season will not be as affected by Covid as the last two, and there is a bit more stability for society, football, and Fantasy Football. ;)

Back