Talk to me about editing on an iPad Pro

Thanks again Garry...assume you’re “go to”editing software is photoshop...?..if so do things like star ratings / grading carry over across the two systems ok.....Do you find affinity can read most raw files from different cameras.......I sometimes have to convert using DNG as my older version of bridge / photoshop won’t support some newer models....

Thanks again Garry...assume you’re “go to”editing software is photoshop...?..if so do things like star ratings / grading carry over across the two systems ok.....Do you find affinity can read most raw files from different cameras.......I sometimes have to convert using DNG as my older version of bridge / photoshop won’t support some newer models....

There's a long list of all the RAW files that Affinity iPad version will read on the Serif website and it does include DNG files. I presume by your TP Handle that you use Canon gear so this probably won't apply to you, but if you were shooting Fuji-X files it will only open them properly if they are in their native RAW form and uncompressed.

George.

No, I use On1 Photo Raw for asset management and for processing that Snapseed can't handle. I don't use Photoshop at all. All of the metadata management is handled by Photo Raw in its .on1 files, I think. It embeds that data in the exported JPGs, though. I imagine that Snapseed outputs any metadata on export that it reads on import. But I don't know if it understands IPTC.

Basically, I import photos from my Sony A6000 or my iPhone onto my PC and import them to On1 Photo Raw. Then I copy the A6000 photos to my iPad. My iPhone photos automatically sync to the iPad, unless I've only just shot them, in which case I airdrop them to the iPad. Then I edit them in Snapseed, which puts them into a Snapseed album in my iPad's Photos app. From there I import them back to the PC and add any Exif and IPTC metadata before exporting JPGs for upload to Flickr.

Typed out like this it looks complicated, but in real life it's all very easy and pretty fast. It will be even easier when On1 release their mobile app, I expect.

Back