TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 21/22

I avoid City players (other than GK) since Pep's squad rotation policy cost me quite a bit last season. I might transfer Maddison out for a while, though, since he isn't hitting the form for assists and goals that he had last season. He's been subbed in all three matches so far as well (albeit after 60 mins so I get all 2 or 3 points).

I've missed out on the league this year, but hope you all have a good season, and I'll rejoin next time.

That's a pity, it's nice when you have the same ol' regulars each season. Be hard catch up now even if it was open though

For those who made it in ...

Tonaldo? or Notnaldo?

Thankfully is right, an episode in football history Ireland will want to forget ...

Anyone know if DCL is fit to play, he's had that yellow '!' since before last England game

I made the move for Ronaldo [Lukaku money helped a lot but did mean two transfers] and for once it's worked out, had Antonio as my captain till last minute then switched it to Ronnie

@redhed17 you're making quite a come back this week for the H2H, gonna be close, if Gray does anything decent you can take it maybe

Actually scrap that, I forgot I'd made a couple transfers too :ROFLMAO: you basically only need Gray to play [and not get a red card!] we're even Stevens atm and I've nobody left to play

Good news for me I guess is I'll remain at least joint top for now

Last edited:
Actually scrap that, I forgot I'd made a couple transfers too :ROFLMAO: you basically only need Gray to play [and not get a red card!] we're even Stevens atm and I've nobody left to play

Good news for me I guess is I'll remain at least joint top for now
Just looked, I didn't think it was that close, as I was so far behind after yesterday's games. :oops: :$ :LOL:

Just looked, I didn't think it was that close, as I was so far behind after yesterday's games. :oops: :$ :LOL:

Ha yeah, I wasn't trolling, you made a bit of a massive leap from 8pts to 49 - it looked like I was miles ahead but most of my team played earlier, only had Van Dijk today. The 8pts on transfers will have cost me this one. I [traded Lukaku for Ronaldo that cost me an extra transfer to make that happen - but then I don't think I'd have captained Lukaku so it wouldn't have mattered

Last edited:
Banished to Riyadh(60) remain top of the league, and extend their lead from 7 points, to 16 points, ahead of not New Oak Utd(57), who drop to 3rd, but Amber Army(68), up a position.

Highest scorer of the week was was Isco Inferno, who were, ahem, certainly on fire with 94 points. :whistle:;):LOL::clap: That score moved Isco Inferno from 10th > 4th. :oops: :$ ABCDE FC(41) make the move in the opposite direction from 4th > 10th. :oops: :$

The average points score for the week was 57.

EDIT: Forgot to say, there is a Friday game, so the deadline for changes is Fri 17th Sep @18:30. ;)

On Saturday I think I was in single figures, 8 I think, :oops: :$ having six players involved in the Leeds v Liverpool game on Sunday. Thankfully that turned out OK, adding Gray on Monday left me with 56 points, slightly behind the average, but a lot better than it could have been. ;) Got to decide whether to play the Wildcard and get on the Lukaku/Ronaldo trains while they seem hot, but could potentially carry this form through the season. :thinking:

FYI. We have had a team name change, as Behind the Biffa become Hazy Dave. I thought a new team had slipped in after I'd locked the league. :oops: :$ :LOL:

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW4
1631671534801.png

Last edited:
Three teams on equal 9 points in the Head2Head league, with Amber Army moving to top place after beating Mrs Smith's Boys 59-52. Amber Army are only top by two of their total accumulated points ahead on last week leader, New Oak Utd, who lost their H2H with Me, :) 49-56. It was the substitutions which caught New Oak Utd again I think. ;)

Penfold's Dangermice move a couple places to 3rd on 9 points after winning their H2H with WHITS VILLANS in the closest score of the week, 54-50.

The next five teams are on 6 points, two on 4 points, and two on 3 points, so it's all still quite close atm. :)

TP H2H League Results GW4
1631672458998.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW5
1631672511684.png
TP H2H League Table GW4
1631672595379.png

Yeah subs got me this week, as I shifted Lukaku to make way for Ronaldo, if I'd simply captained Lukaku I'd have won as the other transfer to make that happen was a bench warmer. In the end it was all down to Gray for Everton, we were 49 a piece going into that match, all he had to do was play and not get carded - but in the end he scored to boot. So all fair

Since Antonio got that red I've transferred him out for now and brought back in Lukaku, this is costing me atm but in the long run should work out, I've got that duo in now, it'll cost others similar to do same. I have DCL out for a bit so could use him to get Antonio back after this round

Last edited:
Switching Captain cost me the H2H this week, it can be that simple

From being 16 points behind Banished to Riyadh(55), a 20 point difference in scores sees Amber Army(75) move ahead into top spot by 4 points.

horspath hounds move from 5th > 3rd with the highest points score of the week with 77 points. :clap:

New Oak Utd(59) drop a place to 4th, and Isco Inferno(50) down to 5th.

The average points score for the week was 55.

League Cup games this week, so no Friday games. The deadline for making changes in Sat 25th Sep @11:00.

I decided to use the Wildcard and make 10 changes, only for Liverpool of all teams to lessen the impact by resting Robertson, and Alexander-Arnold being ill. :rolleyes: :LOL: I think I gained about 6 points, and that would have been from only 10 scoring players. With the new selection I also had 11 points on the bench, so hopefully a better selection going forward. Just got to pick the right ones in the team. ;) :LOL:

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW5
1632189932132.png

A new team at the top of the Head 2 Head league, as 3rd placed Penfold's Dangermice move to the top, after winning their H2H with Hazy Dave 61-54, and move 3 points clear at the top.

Last week's leader, Amber Army, lost a close H2H with horspath hounds 75-77. Particularly bad timing as horspath hounds were the only other team to get more points this week. :rolleyes:

New Oak Utd, last week's 2nd place, drop to 3rd after losing their H2H with Woody's Wonders 59-54.

Banished to Riyadh drop from 4th>8th after being beaten by me :) 64-55. tarric tots move up a place to 4th.

Because of my win, I move from 10th>7th, behind horspath hounds, who are in turn behind Woody's Wonders.

Closest game of the week was Mrs Smith's Boys 57-56 against Hazy Dave.

TP H2H League Results GW5
1632191734108.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW6
1632191713446.png

TP H2H League Table GW5
1632191776754.png

Thanks Redhed. Like West Ham, I expect normal service to return soon as I plummet back to my normal middle of the table position. :LOL:

It's looking like most of the results in the H2H have been pretty close this season. :)

Thanks Redhed. Like West Ham, I expect normal service to return soon as I plummet back to my normal middle of the table position. :LOL:

It's looking like most of the results in the H2H have been pretty close this season. :)
Enjoy the ride. ;) Not sure I have ever been in the same position, and if I was, it was many years ago. :LOL:

Banished to Riyadh drop from 4th>8th after being beaten by me :) 64-55. tarric tots move up a place to 4th.

Because of my win, I move from 10th>7th, behind horspath hounds, who are in turn behind Woody's Wonders.
Congratulations on your convincing victory :banana:

Heading back to where I should be by the looks of it, back to mid table mediocrity :ROFLMAO: Terrible points day, I'm giving away free wins in the H2H lately

Last edited:
Be grand, I did take a hit for getting Salah in, so that might pay off in the long run, but Torres has been a flop since I got him couple weeks back - he's next to go

Sorry for the slow update, computers problems.

Amber Army(48) are still top of the league, and they have extended their lead from four points to five, not from Banished to Riyadh(44), who drop a place to 3rd, but from horspath hounds(53).

Notice three teams on 333 points, ABCDE FC, Hazy Dave and Mrs Smith's Boys, but they are in position 9, 9 and 11. :oops: :$ Not sure how they work that out. :LOL:

Highest scorer of the week was WHITS VILLANS with 61 points. :clap:

Average points score for the week was 43.

I once again got below the average, :( with 41 points. Because of that I drop a position to 12th. Two gameweeks I have had Lukako as Captain, and he has done virtually nothing. Ronaldo seems to be the one two have out of the top expensive players atm, followed by Salah. I also have Salah, but can't afford Ronaldo. :( :rolleyes: :LOL:

No game tonight, so the deadline for making changes is Sat 2nd Oct @11:00.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW5
1633106353579.png

Penfold's Dangermice are still top of the H2H league, after beating ABCDE FC in a not close, 58-36, and maintain their 3 point lead. Last week's 2nd place, Amber Army fall to 4th after losing their H2H with WHITS VILLANS 57-48.

Woody's Wonders move in to 2nd from 5th, after winning their H2H against me, :( 52-41. horspath hounds move from 6th > 3rd. Banished to Riyadh move up to 5th.

My result sees me fall from 7th > 9th, :( and the bottom three teams below me are just one point behind.

TP H2H League Results GW6
1633107762140.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW7
1633107832723.png

TP H2H League Table GW6
1633107901891.png

I pondered on transfering Ronnie out tbh [possibly for Lukaku back in, as he has a tasty run of matches incoming], and then his goal in the Champ's league after doing bugger all for 90mins reminded me .... that is why you buy him, even on his worst days he's likely to pop one in. I think he'll also take over penalty responsibilities after Bruno's howler

So, I moved Lukaku and Alexander-Arnold out to get Ronaldo and Cancelo, and made Ronaldo Captain, and he doesn't start the game! :oops: :$ :rolleyes:

Now that I have moved Lukaku on, he should start scoring again. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah crap! Just seen that Ron didn't start and I had him as captain, at least that'll fall to my 2nd choice Antonio. Looking at my bench seems McArthur for Palace will auto sub in for me, not the best but maybe he'll get a couple points at least

[edit] scratch that, he did come on ... aaaand did nothing :D would have been better maybe for him to stay off

Worse for me is 2 defenders for Chelsea not playing, both had been pretty consistent, Alonso who I just brought in played every other game to date - typical. I have Van Dyke on the bench at least, but he was there as I didn't have much confidence Vs City

Last edited:
6 matches ... 4pts ... and I owe them to the bank :ROFLMAO:

Jaysis tomorrow better be amazing or I'm freefallin' into oblivion

A new leader at the top of the league as horspath hounds(47) go 1 point ahead of Amber Army (41).

Banished to Riyadh(42) stay in 3rd and Penfold's Dangermice(46) in 4th. Woody's Wonders(34) up a place to 5th.

Highest scorer of the week was ABCDE FC with 49 points. :clap: It what was generally a low scoring week for many.

The average point score for the week was 38.

And 38 points was what I got, bang on average. Thankfully I remain in 12th place. :)

There are no games this weekend because of the internationals, so the deadline for making changes is Sat 16th Oct @11:00.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW7
1633703739794.png

Penfold's Dangermice maintain their 5 point lead at the top of the Head 2 Head League, after winning their H2H with New Oak Utd 46-22.

Woody's Wonders fall from 2nd > 4th after losing their H2H with Amber Army 34-41. Amber Army move up a place to 3rd. horspath hounds move up a position to 2nd after winning their H2H with Banished to Riyadh 47-42.

Mrs Smith's Boys move up three places to 5th after beating me :( 42-38.I didn't expect the score to be that close, as I had an average week. ;)

I take on the leader, Penfold's Dangermice, in the next gameweek. :oops: :$:rolleyes: Hoping to inflict their 2nd defeat. :LOL:

TP H2H League Results GW7
1633704509973.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW8

1633704523193.png

TP H2H League Table GW7
1633704540889.png

Doing rather poorly here after a good start, but I have been chopping and changing, must remind myself to keep the transfers to a min!! Already got mine done for the next round because I've seen prices on some players shoot up already - hopefully the ones I brought in survive the int games

Wow, that was a close one in the H2H this week. I played my wildcard to try and sort out my defence and I think it's the first time it's actually worked out for me since I started playing this league. :)

Doing rather poorly here after a good start, but I have been chopping and changing, must remind myself to keep the transfers to a min!! Already got mine done for the next round because I've seen prices on some players shoot up already - hopefully the ones I brought in survive the int games
Good for me that you ignored your own advice as I only beat you by 3 points but you lost 8 in extra transfers.

Good for me that you ignored your own advice as I only beat you by 3 points but you lost 8 in extra transfers.
Aye I know, Alonso didn't play and I had nothing really [2pts] from the bench. Might be time to ditch Ronnie too as he's just a waste atm, GG

Last edited:
horspath hound(63) increase their lead at the top from 1 point to 23 points ahead of Amber Army(41).

Penfold's Dangermice(62) move up a position to 3rd. Banished to Riyadh(47) drop a place to 4th. tarric tots(52) move up into the top 5.

Highest scorer of the week was the leader, horspath hounds, with 63 points. :clap:

The average score for the week was 49 points.

There is a Friday game this week, so the deadline for making changes is Fri 22th Oct 18:30.

For a pleasant change, I got quite a bit more than the average with 61 points. :) That enabled me to go from 12th > 8th. :D Bit different to the H2H league. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO: It is all very close around me, so dramatic changes in position can happen over the next few weeks.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW8
1634682054675.png

Penfold's Dangermice maintain their 5 point lead at the top by beating me, :( in a very close Head 2 Head 62-61, and are now on 21 points.

horspath hounds stay 2nd, after winning the H2H with Woody's Wonders in a not as close, ;) 63-31, and are on 16 points.

Amber Army remain in 3rd, despite losing their H2H with tarric tots 41-52. tarric tots moved up to 12 points, the same as Amber Army, and 5th position. Banished to Riyadh won their H2H with New Oak Utd 47-44 to move to 4th.

There are now 6 teams on 12 points, in 3rd-8th. There are 3 teams on 9 points, and then me, bottom, with 7 points. :oops: :$ The only way is up. :D

There will be a few team not on 12 points next week one way or another. ;)

TP H2H League Results GW8
1634683874859.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW9
1634683903317.png

TP H2H League Table GW8
1634683931673.png

I was sucked in by Lukaku and Ronaldo's reputations, and good results in the first couple of games. Lukaku has come and gone, and it may be time to move Ronaldo on too.

As bemsca said above, Ronaldo will probably start scoring once you decide to move him on. :rolleyes: Saying that, Lukaku didn't suddenly start scoring again when I transferred him out. I think Ronaldo being left out the team so early into the season wasn't a good sign for me, and Utd's performances don't fill me with confidence that there will be many chances for Ronaldo to do his thing. I'm waiting till the European games are over just in case my plns are affected. Time will tell if Ronaldo out is a good idea.

Last edited:
Back