TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 21/22

Similar to last week, the top three get similar scores. Banished to Riyadh(89), and probable winner, stay top, 114 points ahead of horspath hounds(81). A further 50 points behind are Penfold's Dangermice(84). Penfold's Dangermice could potentially lose that 3rd place to Woody's Wonders(90) who got a bit closer, and are now just 14 points behind.

New Oak Utd(82) and Medway United(72) stay in 5th and 6th. A big week for Isco Inferno(101) and The walking dead.(97) see them both move up a position to 7th and 8th as Amber Army(75) fall from 7th - 9th, in a very close midfield.

After an OK week with 82 points, I stay in 10th, but am just 11 points behind Amber Army.

Highest scorer of the week was Mrs Smith's Boys with 110 points. :clap:

The average points score for the week was 79.

No Saturday games because of the FA Cup Final, and so the deadline for making changes is Sunday 15th May @10:30.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW36
1652468923668.png

Penfold's Dangermice beat Amber Army 84-67 to keep their 4 point advantage ahead of not Banished to Riyadh, who continued their losing streak, being beaten by Mrs Smith's Boys 89-102, but Woody's Wonders, who won their H2H with WHITS VILLANS, in a very close 86-85 match up who go three point ahead of BtR into 2nd.

Mrs Smith's Boys and I are now 6 points behind Banished to Riyadh after winning our H2H's, Mrs Smith's Boys v Banished to Riyadh, and my win against Hazy Dave 82-65. I stay in 4th place on total accumulated points. Positions 6-10 remain the same, but with their loss, Hazy Dave go bottom behind ABCDE FC, who won a close H2H with New Oak Utd 84-82.

Penfold's Dangermice could wrap it up this week by not losing their H2H with ABCDE FC, or losing, and me beating Woody's Wonders in our H2H. ;)

TP H2H League Table GW36
1652470796561.png

TP H2H League Results GW36
1652470806858.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW37
1652470822592.png

I think I might have the highest losing streak in the H2H? I was way in front midway for this one, but the usual, get caught out in the end. Ah well, happy staying in 5th for now in the league, 4th is MINE!!! Mwuahahahahahah! ... well, hopefully

Crappy start this round, brought in De Bruyne and made him captain and he does naff all ... though my other option was Son, who didn't do much better. I checked my points earlier and I think it was 24, checked back in about an hour later and it had dropped to 19 :banghead:

Crappy start this round, brought in De Bruyne and made him captain and he does naff all ... though my other option was Son, who didn't do much better. I checked my points earlier and I think it was 24, checked back in about an hour later and it had dropped to 19 :banghead:
And I thought you would be happy as you are winning your H2H :rolleyes:

Could be worse, I have 6 points from yesterday's games, and 10 points sitting on the bench. :rolleyes: :LOL:

A dramatic change in the top 3 that I didn't see coming. :oops: :$ Banished to Riyadh(68) remain top, and have won the TalkPhotography FF League with a surely unassailable lead of 147 points into the last gameweek.

Now, the dramatic bit, horspath hounds had a 50 point lead ahead of 3rd placed Penfold's Dangermice last week. Penfold's Dangermice got 85 points compared to horspath hounds 16, :oops: :$ to move up to 2nd place, and 19 points ahead into the last week.

Woody's Wonders(70) stay in 4th. Isco Inferno move up two places into 5th. New Oak Utd(43) and Medway United(53) move down to 6th and 7th. Amber Army(72) move up to 8th, The walking dead(57) down to 9th, and Mrs Smith's Boys up to 10th with the highest score of the week with 96. :clap:

Positions 5-10 are covered by 39 points, so lots of options for changes this last game week. ;)

The average point score for the week was 43.

I again got below the average with 39, :rolleyes: and fall out of that congested mid pack. :(

Special mention has to go out to Hazy Dave, for getting just 8 points in a week where some teams had two games. :oops: :$ :clap: Though looking at the team, other than initially playing the game, I don't think they have been actively playing for awhile. :LOL:

Last game of the season sees everyone kick off at the same time, 16:00 on Sunday. The deadline for making changes is Sunday 22nd May @14:30.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW37
1653084928951.png

Last edited:
In the Head 2 Head league the top two both won, to maintain the 4 point difference between them. Leader Penfold's Dangermice beat ABCDE FC 85-44, and 2nd placed Woody's Wonders beat me 66-39.

The 4 point difference means that Penfold's Dangermice can not be caught, and so win the TalkPhotography H2H League 2021/22. :clap::clap: :clap: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Banished to Riyadh kept them honest by winning their H2H with Hazy Dave 68-8. Should Woody's Wonders lose their last H2H and Banished to Riyadh win their H2H, we could have a change in positions on the last week.

Mrs Smith's Boys move into 4th, three points ahead of me, :( pushing me down a place, after winning their H2H with tarric totts 96-29. Mrs Smith's Boys face Hazy Dave, so unless there are some amazing form reversal, Mrs Smith's Boys should stay in 4th. I could be passed by horspath hounds depending on our respective H2H's.

TP H2H League Table GW37
1653086015365.png

TP H2H League Results GW37
1653086035537.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW38
1653086055949.png

I conceed! my target was to finish at least 4th but it's unlikely now, GG to the top 3 and once again, amazing job from @redhed17 - it's been fun for the past few footy seasons, given me a reason to check back in on footy in general again [used to gamble quit a bit but gave it up then lost interest in the game overall] - this is much more fun than gambling :D and I appreciate the effort you put in, as I'm sure everyone else involved does (y)

I conceed! my target was to finish at least 4th but it's unlikely now, GG to the top 3 and once again, amazing job from @redhed17 - it's been fun for the past few footy seasons, given me a reason to check back in on footy in general again [used to gamble quit a bit but gave it up then lost interest in the game overall] - this is much more fun than gambling :D and I appreciate the effort you put in, as I'm sure everyone else involved does (y)
I second that, thanks to @redhed17 for all the work you put in (y)

Thank you @redhed17 for all the work you put in this season.

I got lucky in many of the H2H's this season with the Covid rescheduling making it more of a lottery than a normal season would be. I expect normal service and results to resume next season! :LOL:

One thing I did different from previous seasons is not take point hits making extra transfers in a game week and that definitely made a difference in some of my H2H results and something to maybe bear in mind for the next season. :)

Sorry for the delay in the final update.

So it is all over, the final positions are set, and the winner of the TalkPhotography FF League 21/22 is Banished to Riyadh. Congratulations bemsca/Chris .
:clap: :clap: :clap: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Penfold's Dangermice were 2nd, :clap: and horspath hounds in 3rd. :clap:

Weirdly enough, there were no changes in position in the last gameweek for anyone. :oops: :$

Highest points scorer of the week was Isco Inferno with 84 points. :clap:

The average points score for the week was 50.

Thanks to everyone who took part. :)

And a special thanks to everyone who interacted with the thread throughout the season. I had hopped for it to be a bit more busy, but we all have lives and interests outside of here. ;)

I will probably set up another league for next season. We will see how many we get involved, and take it from there.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW38
1653593830774.png

A very big thank you @redhead17 for all of the hard work.:clap:

Thanks to @redhed17 for all of the updates, they made the league more interesting. Hopefully next year you will be better at picking a fantasy football team :)

Bad luck to @Cagey75 for making the effort to make so many transfers each week and then complaining when they failed to score or ended up on the bench :headbang:

The winner of the TalkPhotography H2H League was already confirmed, with Penfold's Dangermice winning the league. Congratulations again Penfold711/Len Brook. :clap: :clap: :clap: I was not able to stop Penfold's Dangermice from ending their season with win, as I lost my Head 2 Head to them 49 - 58.

Woody's Wonders won their H2H with horspath hounds to finish in 2nd place. Banished to Riyadh won their H2H with New Oak Utd 71 - 57, a would have taken 2nd place should Woody's Wonders have slipped up.

Mrs Smith's Boys stay in 4th, and increase their lead ahead of me to 6 points after my loss, and I finish in 5th.

TP H2H League Table GW38
1653595761302.png

TP H2H League Results GW38
1653595774551.png

Last edited:
Just to add my thanks to @redhed17 for all his work throughout the season, hope to see everyone back in August.

Thanks to @redhed17 for all of the updates, they made the league more interesting. Hopefully next year you will be better at picking a fantasy football team :)

Bad luck to @Cagey75 for making the effort to make so many transfers each week and then complaining when they failed to score or ended up on the bench :headbang:
Is that not the point? We're role-playing managers :ROFLMAO: better than not saying anything or contributing and doing it in the background, jaysis you sound bitter! :ROFLMAO: I've been doing same and openly admitting my failures for like 4 seasons now, I'm no try hard, just in it for the funz. If you can't beat me you're not try harding enough type thing - weird you find it such an annoyance , not one time have I ever moaned about anyone else but myself ;) ALso I am certainly not the only one who complained about bench scores - I am the one who was here after every round liking the scoreboards, and trying to keep the thread going - Maybe be more involved next time and see it unfold instead of nit-picking the few posts you happened upon

Gratz to the winners (y)

Last edited:
When will next seasons league be set up, I have had a bad couple of seasons since finishing 2nd a few years ago,need to get back to winning ways.

The game is open for the new season.... Some interesting player prices...
Got my team sketched out now and will be making tweaks according to the transfer market as and when they crop up. Looking forward to the new season and hopefully, Covid won't make it too much of a lottery for this one.

Back