TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 23/24

I had the lowest score last week, and the highest this week! :oops: :$ You can only plan so much, only two differences from last week to this, goalie and defender, and then it is luck of the draw. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Time for me to use the 2nd Wildcard early I think, as Salah is away for I don't know how long, and not 100% sure when Haaland is back. Salah and Haaland money pretty much enables me to pack out the squad in almost every area. It is going to be interesting to see if it works. ;)

I had the lowest score last week, and the highest this week! :oops: :$ You can only plan so much, only two differences from last week to this, goalie and defender, and then it is luck of the draw. :rolleyes: :LOL:

Time for me to use the 2nd Wildcard early I think, as Salah is away for I don't know how long, and not 100% sure when Haaland is back. Salah and Haaland money pretty much enables me to pack out the squad in almost every area. It is going to be interesting to see if it works. ;)

I sold Salah and Hee Chan, not using the WC, keeping Son on the bench as monies for Haaland if he happens to return next round. A good bunch of my players are ones I reckon many will be looking to bring in using that WC so it would be a bit of a waste for me right now I feel

That was a crazy H2H, I was 30 odd points behind before the Liverpool game, and it got worse before it then got a lot better! Salah missing the penalty, then scoring another and adding an assist - I had him as captain which caught me up almost, still a bit behind. It was down to the West Ham game, and since Coufal was a no show due to illness I had Cunho to come off the bench for an extra 12pts, all I needed was Areola to have a stinker or Brighton to score pretty much! He had an epic game of course getting 11pts ... and was sat on my bench lol. GG
Not having Salah this season has absolutely killed me

Completely forgot the early deadline, managed to get in at 18:13 and make 2 last minute, literally! quick fire transfers. I have used the WC but had brought Haaland back in, he's only gone red today with expected return the 31st Jan

My Wild Card plans were messed up a bit when Alexander-Arnold got injured. :rolleyes: I was ready to keep Haaland until he popped up as red again, and then Guardiola confirmed that he may not be back till the end of the month. Anyway, I made 24 points worth of changes, with the big ones being Salah and Haaland. Loads of points to play with, and even more because Alexander-Arnold wasn't an option. :headbang:

After the first game, one of the changes, Doughty for Luton, got 5 points. :) It's downhill from here. ;) :LOL:

My Wild Card plans were messed up a bit when Alexander-Arnold got injured. :rolleyes: I was ready to keep Haaland until he popped up as red again, and then Guardiola confirmed that he may not be back till the end of the month. Anyway, I made 24 points worth of changes, with the big ones being Salah and Haaland. Loads of points to play with, and even more because Alexander-Arnold wasn't an option. :headbang:

After the first game, one of the changes, Doughty for Luton, got 5 points. :) It's downhill from here. ;) :LOL:

I had Salah, Son and Hwang heading for Int duties, it got worse from there during the cup games when other players started turning yellow orange and red, inc Trent so it was WC time for me too. I brought in Van Dijk for Arnold, and after bringing in Haaland and then having to off him again [taking a chance on Toney who has just returned also De Bruyne] I too had tonnes of monies to play with. Ended with what I think is a solid team and still have 4.7m in the bank. I had Doughty too, and Palmer, so a decent start for my new squad though I think many of us had one or other of them, hard to beat that value.

Last edited:
I have used the WC but had brought Haaland back in, he's only gone red today with expected return the 31st Jan

As have I, but with it being mid-season break time he's only missing Toon today as the next game is Burnley on the 31st, though I suspect he will be eased back slowly. Issue with Haaland and Salah is it's difficult to get them back into the team without using a WC or costing you points, so a bit of long term planning, accidental or otherwise, can help :cool:

As have I, but with it being mid-season break time he's only missing Toon today as the next game is Burnley on the 31st, though I suspect he will be eased back slowly. Issue with Haaland and Salah is it's difficult to get them back into the team without using a WC or costing you points, so a bit of long term planning, accidental or otherwise, can help :cool:

Yeah that's why I like having that extra money in the bank, should make it a bit easier for their returns. I will definitely have Salah back, had him from the start and he's been my most consistent player. I can easily slot him back in for De Bruyne, if he doesn't work out [he didn't start this evening's game] Looks like @redhed17 made the better choice there as SIlva has just netted one

[edit] I somehow reverse jinxed this one :ROFLMAO:

De Bruyne might just be a keeper

Last edited:
Yes, I brought big ginger Kev in for Son. If Bowen is still injured on Sunday I would have only had 10 players and with Spurs bringing in Werner Son might go back on the wing. He will only get assist points if Werner converts and that is not guaranteed. Hence the transfer. Salah is on the bench as I have had him from gw1 so too much money to lose if I transferred him out for 3gws. TAA is keeping Salah company and I'm going without the big Norwegian for now.

Keep forgetting how drawn out this round is, checked in today to see if I needed to make transfers - nope, GW 21 still ongoing. I have a possible 2 players in action today though, seems like Toney will start Vs Forest and I have Saka captained.

Keep forgetting how drawn out this round is, checked in today to see if I needed to make transfers - nope, GW 21 still ongoing. I have a possible 2 players in action today though, seems like Toney will start Vs Forest and I have Saka captained.
I had Saka as Captain too. That turned out well :confused:

But, double Gooners defence brought in 24 points :banana: 53 for the gw so far with Areola, Solanke, Pedro and and Estupinan stilll to play.

I'm toying with losing Watkins for Toney depending on how the Bees perform without the AFCON boys.

I had Saka as Captain too. That turned out well :confused:

But, double Gooners defence brought in 24 points :banana: 53 for the gw so far with Areola, Solanke, Pedro and and Estupinan stilll to play.

Yeah he couldn't even keep the assist that he was initially credited for from the corner that led to the second goal. But, my alternative choice was Watkins, I could lie and say I thought about Palmer or even DeBruyne as captain but nah ... lol

I almost ditched Watkins when using the wild card, I did bring in Toney but couldn't decide on a replacement for Ollie, it'll be Haaland when I can swing it I think

Problem for me is that I've had Watkins from gw1 so would lose around £0.4m if I transferred him out.

But.... 1 goal in 7 games!
Yes, it is a dilemma. Brentford haven't been doing that well recently and when back Mbeumo might resume penalties and set pieces. And their double gw puts them up against City and Liverpool. If I sell Watkins then have to buy him back I will lose at least £0.4m. Also, the pundits have raised the issue about selling Watkins and I don't trust them. They often blow out smoke to confuse people. Villa's fixtures are pretty good.

Another option is Solanke > Darwin. Need to clarify TAA and Salah's injuries before I do anything though.

Problem for me is that I've had Watkins from gw1 so would lose around £0.4m if I transferred him out.

I have Watkins too, he's been such a waste up front, blew captaincy on him too many times.

That's the end of the round for me, I'm just ahead in my H2H but the ever strong Amber Army have 2 players to go and points to come off the bench. 62pts not terrible though

I'm 5 behind you with two seagulls to play.

Ah! so you're the Amber Army? on my calculations you're 6 behind [inc that 6 off the bench] , but you also have to pay 4 for transfer?
No, I'm not in your private league as I have only just joined TP.

No, I'm not in your private league as I have only just joined TP.

Aha, gotchya, I did wonder as AA owner is 'Andrea' :D pity you weren't in on time, we loves competition :D I'm steady holding 5th spot in the TP league atm

Aha, gotchya, I did wonder as AA owner is 'Andrea' :D pity you weren't in on time, we loves competition :D I'm steady holding 5th spot in the TP league atm
Well done. What is your current overall points total?

We aren't too far apart. I'm on 1229. Nip and tuck!

Nice, you'd be 3rd spot in our league atm if you had got in

A bit more competition then. I'm over 100 points clear in the mini league that I am in :D

Finished on 67 for 1239 overall. Estupinan came good. Pedro not so good. Looks like the Egyptian God is out for a few weeks. Have to keep him as I have too much money to lose if I need him back. Hopefully Trent will be back soon.

Finished on 67 for 1239 overall. Estupinan came good. Pedro not so good. Looks like the Egyptian God is out for a few weeks. Have to keep him as I have too much money to lose if I need him back. Hopefully Trent will be back soon.

67 is what my opp got but they owe 4pts for transfer. I finished with 62, the H2H league shows the true score [not sure why they can't do same for the main league] so our match ended 63-62, and it was Estupinan that nabbed it for them.

I have brought Haaland back in, not sure if he'll play this week but having Solanke on bench makes that not so bad either way. Watkins got the boot, so watch him shine tonight! I brought Gordon in for Foden, only way I could do the Haaland switch back

Last edited:
I would pick Gordon over Foden now that big ginger Kev is back in town. I'm not going to take hits to get Haaland back. It would have to be on a WC.

I would pick Gordon over Foden now that big ginger Kev is back in town. I'm not going to take hits to get Haaland back. It would have to be on a WC.

It only cost me 4pts and I still keep 1.1m in the bank. I had surplus monies after offing Salah, Son and Trent. Managed to get DeBruyne in that mix too, if he doesn't work out makes it easy enough get Salah back when he's ready

Back