TalkPhotography Fantasy Football Leagues 22/23

Terrible week for me after using that wild card, it was always a gamble, offing Haaland was the bigger mistake [also Gabriel]. I just wanted to try mix it up a bit as everyone has Haaland now, or most do. It's fine, not a disaster as such as I was ahead of most who had good rounds, so didn't fall behind too much to worry about ... yet! I had 20points on the bench, which is a good thing I guess, that they are active

What a start to the round, James out injured and my bench replacement for him just scored an OG :facepalm:

For the third week, the top 3 remain in the same positions, though the points difference between them has changed. So Amber Army(66) still top, Klopp Klopp Boom(86) in 2nd, and Mrs Smith's Boys(90) 3rd. Mrs Smith's Boys were also the highest scorer of the week with 90 points. :clap:

I was 4th last week, but after 68 points, drop to 6th, replaced by Banished to Riyadh(85), up from 7th. Woody's wonders(79) stay in 5th.

The average points score for the week was the same as last week, 62.

The Merseyside Derby is the early game on Saturday, so the deadline for making changes is Sat 3rd Sep @11:00.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW5
1662137003236.png

Amber Army remain unbeaten after winning their Head2Head with horspath hounds 66-53, are on 15 points. Klopp Klopp Boom stay 2nd, 3 points behind on 12, after beating me :( 86-68. Banished to Riyadh stay 3rd, also on 12 points, after winning against Penfold's Dangermice 85-56.

Mrs Smith Boys won their H2H with Woody's wonders 90-79, and RED BULLS HIT beat New Oak Utd, 63-49, and are in 4th and 5th on 9 points.

New Oak Utd stay on 7 points after losing their H2H, and fall from 4th>6th. I drop a place to 7th after my loss to Klopp Klopp Boom.

TP H2H League Table GW5
1662139615354.png
TP H2H League Results GW5
1662139628171.png
TP H2H League Fixtures GW6
1662139643144.png

Last edited:
p*** poor last 2 rounds, I tried something different and failed miserably :rolleyes: I kinda hate that we're forced to include specific players or die trying otherwise! but hey, that's the game. Transfers done, I had a number of yellow icons and a red :/ but did best I could with that situation for now - cost: 8pts

Shockingly bad moves by me the last 2 weeks, which have cost me a.combined 20points! I've started undoing those this week!

Top three remain the same for another week, so Amber Army(67) 1st, Klopp Klopp Boom(54) 2nd, and Mrs Smith's Boys(55) in 3rd.

Banished to Riyadh(43) fall from 4th>6th, as I do the opposite, and move from 6th>4th after getting 52 points. Woody's wonders(45) stay in 5th for the 3rd week as people move around them.

Amber Army and RED BULLS HIT were joint top scorers with 67. :clap:

The average point score for the week was 45.

An early game at the weekend, so the deadline for making changes is Sat 10th Sep @11:00.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW6
1662397175344.png

In the Head2Head League, Amber Army's unbeaten winning streak continues, with a win against Second Half Pints 67-43, and are on 18 points. In 2nd, three points behind are Banished to Riyadh, after beating horspath hounds 43-36. Moving down a place into 3rd, three points behind Banished to Riyadh, after their loss to New Oak Utd 54-57, are Klopp Klopp Boom. All other positions remain the same.

2nd and 3rd go H2H next week, and if Klopp Klopp Boom beat Banished to Riyadh, they will swap places.

TP H2H League Results GW6
1662398338460.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW7
1662398355425.png
TP H2H League Table GW6

1662398367315.png

It's also worth noting that Amber Army are currently just outside the top 1,000 in the whole worlds 10million+ players, so top 0.01%. An unbelievably good rank.:clap:

That's fantastic! Makes it feel not so terrible to be over 100pts behind her :ROFLMAO:

Not a hope I'll ever catch up to that so I'm just going to have fun this season, if I finish top half I'm happy. Now ... how many to transfer this week :thinking: :LOL:

All games this weekend postponed, fine, no issue with that. But ... I do think that FPL still taking points for anyone who made transfers is off, seeing as they're re-instating any wild cards or bench boosts that were also used! The best course surely would have been to just un-do any transfers?

All games this weekend postponed, fine, no issue with that. But ... I do think that FPL still taking points for anyone who made transfers is off, seeing as they're re-instating any wild cards or bench boosts that were also used! The best course surely would have been to just un-do any transfers?
Activate your free hit now, before today's deadline.

Freehit overides any transfers you've already made, you don't lose the points from multiple transfers.

Obviously this is a unique situation, but I think, after the deadline;

Best case: you get your free hit back, team is reset to last week and you've not lost any points.

Worst case: you get you free hit back and team is reset to now, your transfers stand and you lose the hit points. But you are no worse off than you are now, so worth a try.

Caveat - this is a unique situation and Im making assumptions. They may do something else, but it's what I'd try if I was in the situation of already having made multiple transfers (I'm not)

Activate your free hit now, before today's deadline.

Freehit overides any transfers you've already made, you don't lose the points from multiple transfers.

Obviously this is a unique situation, but I think, after the deadline;

Best case: you get your free hit back, team is reset to last week and you've not lost any points.

Worst case: you get you free hit back and team is reset to now, your transfers stand and you lose the hit points. But you are no worse off than you are now, so worth a try.

Caveat - this is a unique situation and Im making assumptions. They may do something else, but it's what I'd try if I was in the situation of already having made multiple transfers (I'm not)

I'd already used it :/ It's not so bad on me as I only lose 4pts but I think in general it's a strange decision, as they are reinstating wild cards - what happens on that front? do players get to keep the transfers? or are they reverted? if so then they could have easily reverted any single transfers

Theyre not reinstating wild cards, they just roll into the week after.

I guess there's no other way to do it, I think players could cancel the wild card before kick-off either way. Still, nice to have that extra week to play about with your team, watch for injuries etc

I guess there's no other way to do it, I think players could cancel the wild card before kick-off either way. Still, nice to have that extra week to play about with your team, watch for injuries etc
Next week might get cancelled due to the funeral too I guess?

Next week might get cancelled due to the funeral too I guess?

I have no idea how Royal funerals work, but usually when a person dies they're in the ground within the week. I know this is a different situation, but I don't see the Premiership being cancelled a second weekend regardless

I have no idea how Royal funerals work, but usually when a person dies they're in the ground within the week. I know this is a different situation, but I don't see the Premiership being cancelled a second weekend regardless
The queen's funeral has been confirmed as the Monday, as such there is talk on sports websites of the Sunday games being at risk, especially those in London.

I wondered how I improved slightly overall, and actually gained a position in another league I am in! :oops: :$:thinking: :LOL:

Just spent about 20 mins sorting out 11 changes for using the Free Hit chip, and then thought hold on, let's see how the European games go first. ;)

Last edited:
I made my transfers a bit too early last week and got caught out by the cancellations, the 2 I brought in don't even play this week :/ so I have a skeletel team unless I now make a couple more this week. Is it worth to drop another 4pts in hopes that players I do buy will perform? hmmmm. I do have 1.5m in the bank

So I used my Free Hit to almost totally change my team, and had two Fulham players, and would you know it the one I chose for the team gets 1 point, and the one on the bench scores and gets 7 points. :oops: :$ :rolleyes: :LOL:

Can only hope the other picked players out score him, or one doesn't play, so that I can get the 7 points.

I had to go another 4pts, brought in Mitrovic and he got all of 2pts! but I think he'll bag some over time at least. The other player I brought in got 1pt, so no, wasn't worth. I'd like to mix it up and switch captaincy now and then, but Haaland is making that very hard ... it's not like I've anything to lose at this point but you know that if he plays , he'll most likely score

Last edited:
So I used my Free Hit to almost totally change my team, and had two Fulham players, and would you know it the one I chose for the team gets 1 point, and the one on the bench scores and gets 7 points. :oops: :$ :rolleyes: :LOL:

Can only hope the other picked players out score him, or one doesn't play, so that I can get the 7 points.
10 points now... He got 3 bonus too! I'm hoping Zinchenko doesn't play today so I get Reed off the bench too.

10 points now... He got 3 bonus too! I'm hoping Zinchenko doesn't play today so I get Reed off the bench too.

You got your wish, I had no bench replacement for him sadly. I brought in Odegard and he was also a no show. 8 players, 40 pts, could've been a lot worse I guess

You got your wish, I had no bench replacement for him sadly. I brought in Odegard and he was also a no show. 8 players, 40 pts, could've been a lot worse I guess
Yeh even with a modest score of 62 I had a good week. A good green arrow overall, and now 1st place in all my mini leagues except this one...... But I have closed the gap on Amber Army.

I've been quite happy with the way the Free Hit has turned out, and it looks like I will stay in 4th place and win my H2H. :)

Bar the aforementioned Reed on the bench, :rolleyes: and two chosen midfielders getting 1 point each, the rest got good points. And I am happy the other two on the bench did not do too well too. ;) :LOL: Would have got more with Kane as Captain, but you can't go against Haaland atm.

redhed17 Free Hit.jpg

I've been quite happy with the way the Free Hit has turned out, and it looks like I will stay in 4th place and win my H2H. :)

Bar the aforementioned Reed on the bench, :rolleyes: and two chosen midfielders getting 1 point each, the rest got good points. And I am happy the other two on the bench did not do too well too. ;) :LOL: Would have got more with Kane as Captain, but you can't go against Haaland atm.

View attachment 367277
You're right about Haaland, but Pep will kick us in the nuts soon enough and rest all our city players!!!

After the blank week because of the postponements, though there was some slight changes for various reasons, we are back to some, but not all, games. The top five remain the same, so top we still have Amber Army(47), 2nd are Klopp Klopp Boom(62), 3rd Mrs Smith's Boys(57), 4th, me The Chosen Ones(64) and Woody's wonders)63).

Highest scorer of the week was Abbey tigers with 68 points. Who you may ask, I know I am. :thinking: I thought I closed the league to new entries weeks ago, but a new team has joined. Just checked again, and the option to close to new entries was some how unticked, not sure if it was my fault or the website's mistake. The owner of the team is Ken Boyd. Is he a member here?

Unless the majority of teams come and say they are OK with the team remaining in the league, I will remove the team from league before the next gameweek. But wanted to highlight the problem, and what I will do about it.

The average point score for the week was 50.

There are no games this week because of the international break, and so the deadline for making changes for the next gameweek is Sat 1st Oct @11:00.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW8
1663598876502.png

In the Head 2 Head league I did not realise that while most teams drew their H2H's with 0-0 games last week, there was one match up, Amber Army v New Oak Utd had a result of 0 - -4. So Amber Army won, whilst everyone else bar New Oak Utd drew. :thinking: :rolleyes:

So while Amber Army increased their lead of 2 points to Banished to Riyadh to 5 points (21 points), their loss this week to Penfold's Dangermice 67-47, and, Banished to Riyadh's win against New Oak Utd 62-36, means the gap is now 2 points. If everyone had received the point for the draw gameweek 7, they would be on equal points, but Amber Arny would still be top on accumulated points. Hopefully the way these last couple of weeks have played out will not have decisive impact come the end of the season.

Klopp Klopp Boom lost their H2H with RED BULLS HIT 62-65, and RED BULLS HIT moving from 5th to 3rd place on 16 points.

Mrs Smith's Boys lost their H2H with me 57-64, and so drop a place to 5th. I move up a place to 6th, and the same 13 points as Mrs Smith's Boys and Klopp Klopp Boom, but behind on total accumulated game points.

TP H2H League Results GW8
1663600793593.png
TP H2H League Fixtures GW9
1663600810985.png

TP H2H League Table GW8
1663601019575.png

Aye I made 2 transfers a little earlier than usual then got stung by the cancelations. This seen me on -4pts and gifted Amy that extra win

Last edited:
I didn't particularly plan to. But there were a few players I wanted due to their upcoming run of fixtures, and I had too many players who haven't got a game in gameweek 12, so decided to do it all in one go!

I didn't particularly plan to. But there were a few players I wanted due to their upcoming run of fixtures, and I had too many players who haven't got a game in gameweek 12, so decided to do it all in one go!
What! :eek: Planning that far ahead! o_O Is that even in the rules? :thinking:

That's where I must be going wrong. :LOL:

Really needed that boost, took the gamble on Haaland triple cap, he didn't disappoint (y)

Back