TalkPhotography Fantasy Football Leagues 22/23

Thanks for that, I didn't realise. :oops: :$ Well done Amber Army. :clap:

Thanks both :D I was also top of the Isle of Man league for a couple of weeks, which earned me unbelievable kudos with my two grown-up sons and their mates! :D

I've had a lot of personal stuff going on so photography has taken a severe back-seat for months but am trying to get back into it and will definitely try to look into this thread regularly. Thanks to @redhed17 for the updates.

Finally, proper football back after the Internationals. ;) :)

A high scoring week for most. I think Westzone may have given up to get just 30 points! :oops: :$ But that does take some doing. :LOL:

Amber Army(72) remain top of the league, but their lead ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom(85) is down to 2 points. Mrs Smith's Boys(77) stay in 3rd.

Despite having a good week with 82 points, I drop a position to 5th, replaced by Woody's wonders who got 90 points.

Highest points scorer of the week was New Oak Utd with 117 points. :clap: That huge score took them up 5 places to 7th.

The average point score for the week was 68 points. I think that is Haaland effect of most people picking him as Captain raising the average.

Some eagle eyed people may notice that there is not a position 8! I forgot to remove the Abbey tigers team that appeared in the last gameweek. Because I have removed them now, they just removed them from the league. I assume it will readjust to the correct number of 17 next week.

There is no early game on Saturday, so the deadline for making changes is Sat 8th Oct @13:30.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW9
1664921621761.png

Last edited:
Amber Army increased their lead at the top of the Head2Head league, by winning their match up with RED BULLS HIT, 72-42, and Banished to Riyadh losing to me :) 73-82. Amber Army's lead is now 5 points.

Banished to Riyadh still have a 3 point lead ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom, Mrs Smith's Boys, me and RED BULLS HIT on 16 points. Because of the total accumulated points, RED BULLS HIT dropped from 3rd>6th, whilst the rest of us all moved up a position.

Klopp Klopp Boom won a close H2H with Tarric's Tot's 85-84. Mrs Smith's Boys beat Penfold's Dangermice 73-50.

TP H2H League Table GW9
1664923151268.png

TP H2H League Results GW9
1664923164623.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW10
1664923178066.png

I had nothing to lose so used the triple cap. I'd seen an article on Haaland where he stated that the game he most looked forward to was Vs Utd, thought if he's gonna perform, it'll be there. Gamble paid off for once

All the scores were in a similar range, as the Haaland effect affects many teams scores. ;) And because of the similar scores, the top 7 positions are the same as last week.

So Amber Army(63) still lead at the ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom(62), and increase their lead to 3 points. ;) Mrs Smith's Boys(67) still 3rd, and gets slightly closer to the top 2. Woody's wonders(56) in 4th, and me(55) in 5th.

Because I omitted the team that somehow joined late, we have a weird situation where positions 8>13 all move up a place, whilst in 14th, the only team who dropped a place, Yo Yo Utd, down to 14th. :LOL: And because we are now a team less, even Westzone at the bottom move up a place. :)

Banished to Riyadh were the highest scorer with 69. :clap:

The average point score for the week was 58 points.

There is a Friday game this week, and so the deadline for making changes is Fri 14th Oct @18:30.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW10
1665510535855.png

In the Head2Head league, leader Amber Army, won their H2H with Klopp Klopp Boom in a very close 63-62.

2nd placed Banished to Riyadh keep their 5 point gap to the leader after winning their H2H with RED BULLS HIT 69-63.

Mrs Smith's Boys move up to 3rd, as Klopp Klopp Boom drop from 3rd to 5th after beating horspath hounds in a quite close 67-65.

I move up a place to 4th after winning my H2H against Second Half Points 55-52. :)

All pretty close H2H's, with the biggest points difference being 6 points, with Banished to Riyadh's result.

The top 2 go H2H next week, so 5 point lead could rise to 8, go down to 2 points, or stay the same. ;) :LOL:

TP H2H League Table GW10
1665513233858.png
TP H2H League Results GW10
1665513251752.png
TP H2H League Fixtures GW11
1665513269732.png

just like to thank you all for kicking me out of the league my team abbey tigers ( ken boyd )

Last edited:
just like to thank you all for kicking me out of the league my team abbey tigers ( ken boyd )
It was me who 'kicked you out'. I gave others the option to say whether they objected to me taking you out of the league after your late joining, and no one objected, so I enforced the rules I set out at the start of the league.

You shouldn't have been allowed to join this late into the season, but either I didn't bar new people joining properly, or the website made a mistake in allowing entry after I had barred new entry's. Either way, I was clear when I stopped people from joining in the thread at the start of the season.

On August 5th I posted this; "I am going to extend the deadline to join the TP Fantasy Football leagues, main game and H2H, to the deadline of making changes for the 2nd gameweek, as the Friday game could catch out some people leaving it till Saturday to join, and being caught out by the Friday start".

And on August 19th I posted this; "I forgot to say when I did my updates, that the leagues are both now closed to any new entry's".

If you had read any of what I posted above you wouldn't have tried to join.

Also, from the first post in this thread I said "All are here welcome, and anyone a member here can join the leagues, but all I ask is that you post a message to say that you have joined, and the username and team name on the Fantasy Football site you are using." You didn't even do that, so as far as I knew, you may not have even been a member here. :thinking:

Should we/me do another FF league next season you are more than welcome to join.

thanks but your fine i wont try again and I'm not new I'm 11yrs on this site just not active enough but thanks anyways sorry for all the hassle

thanks but your fine i wont try again and I'm not new I'm 11yrs on this site just not active enough but thanks anyways sorry for all the hassle
Sorry you feel that way.

The 'new people' I was referring to were people who had not played in the TP FF leagues in previous years, rather than new people to the TP site. There have been a core group that have been taking part for a number of years, with some coming and going over the years, but more is always better. :)Saying that we had someone join a few years ago quite late into the season and finished quite highly, so as not to p*** people off like that, I decided to have a cut off date to enter from then on.

Hopefully you will change your mind come next season.

I think it' is reasonable though, that everyone follow the rules - you obviously visited this thread to be able to join the league, one post to say you were joining was all it would have taken.

Low scoring week this one, and next week will be interesting with Ars and City resting. I can make a full team with 2 transfers , I have James OOA but I can wait till next round to off him, just means I've a dud bench next round.

I've just made a couple of transfers, but will be a couple of players short still. It is what it is, Arsenal and Cit€h players are in form (today;s game aside for Cit€h ;):LOL:) and without a Wildcard can't change enough out without costing a load of points.

I've had a dud bench this week and pondering a wildcard as injuries are biting now :thinking:
Swings and roundabouts I guess.... I'm fluctuating between roughly 40k and 100k positions week by week. There's surprising few points that make that difference.

A change at the top, as Klopp Klopp Boom(62) swaps places with Amber Army(57) to take a 2 point lead.

Positions 3-5 stay the same, so Mrs Smith's Boys(49), Woody's Wonders(45) and me(43) stay in our places.

RED BULLS HIT move up from 8th to 6th after having a very good week with (72) points.

Highest scorer of the week was Westzone with 85 points. :clap: Westzone did their season no harm, and go from 81 points off 16th place to now 30 points behind. ;) A few more weeks like that could make a difference. :)

Average points score for the week was 46.

Midweek games this week, minus Arsenal and Cit€h, so the deadline for making changes is Tue 18th Oct @18:00.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW11
1666030137946.png

After losing the top spot in the standard FF league, Amber Army increase their lead in the Head2Head league to 8 points. ;) The then top two, Amber Army and Banished to Riyadh went H2H, with Amber Army coming out ahead 57-35. Banished to Riyadh drop from 2nd to 4th, on equal points with 2nd placed Mrs Smith's Boys, after they won their H2H with New Oak Utd 45-39, and me in 3rd, and winning my H2H with horspath hounds 43-30.

TP H2H League Table GW11
1666031256962.png

TP H2H League Results GW11
1666031275894.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW12
1666031291524.png

Swings and roundabouts I guess.... I'm fluctuating between roughly 40k and 100k positions week by week. There's surprising few points that make that difference.

Definitely swings and roundabouts. I don't check on the general positions but I will dine out with my lads for being top of the whole Isle of Man league for a couple of weeks :D Way off it now though....!

Another change at the top as Klopp Klopp Boom(41) and Amber Army(56) swap places again, with the latter going top. Amber Army now have a 13 point lead at the top.

Positions 3>5 stay the same, so Mrs Smith's Boys(43) 3rd, Woody's wonders(49) 4th, and me still in 5th after 37 points. I'm only 4 points ahead of Banished to Riyadh(47) who move up a place to 6th.

The highest scorer for the week was Tarric's Tot's with 59 points. :clap:

The average points score for the week was 39.

No Friday games, but an early start on Saturday, so the deadline for making changes is Sat 22nd Oct @11:00.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW12
1666370009880.png

Last edited:
The lead at the top has shortened to 5 points, as leader Amber Army lost their Head2Head with Tarric's Tot's 57-59, and Mrs Smith's Boys won their H2H with RED BULLS HIT 43-37.

I drop from 3rd to 4th after losing my H2H with Penfold's Dangermice 37-39. With their win against Second Half Pints., Klopp Klopp Boom move up from 5th>3rd, on equal points with me and Banished to Riyadh, but ahead on accumulated game points.

I take on the leader Amber Army next week. :oops: :$ 2nd and and 3rd go H2H, as Mrs Smith's Boys and Klopp Klopp Boom meet. :)

TP H2H League Table GW12
1666370944996.png

TP H2H League Results GW12
1666370975717.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW13
1666370989651.png

Last edited:
The top 4 stay the same. Leader, Amber Army(62), extend their lead from 13-30 points, ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom(45). 3rd placed Mrs Smith's Boys(67) have got a bit closer, and are just 21 points behind Klopp Klopp Boom. A further 31 points behind are Woody's wonders(53) in 4th.

Moving up into 5th, and pushing me down to 6th, :( are Banished to Riyadh(65), and they are now just 10 points behind Woody's wonders. I got 56 points, and are now just behind 5 points behind Banished to Riyadh.

Highest scorer of the week was Second Half Pints with 78 points. :clap:

The average point score for the week was 51.

No Friday games, but an early start on Saturday, so the deadline for making changes is Sat 29th Oct @11:00.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW13
1666879387109.png

Leader Amber Army retains their 5 point lead ahead of Mrs Smith's Boys, after beating me 62-56. Mrs Smith's Boys won their H2H with Klopp Klopp Boom 67-45. Klopp Klopp Boom stay 3rd, but are now 6 points behind Mrs Smith's Boys.

Banished to Riyadh, despite also losing their H2H like me, against Tarric's Tot's 65-68, move ahead of me to 4th, because they now have 3 more total accumulated points.

After winning their H2H with horspath hounds 54-36, Penfold's Dangermice, move up to 6th, and join me, Klopp Klopp Boom and Banished to Riyadh on 22 points.

We have 1st v 2nd this week, as Amber Army and Mrs Smith's Boys go H2H. :)

TP H2H League Table GW13
1666881832764.png

TP H2H League Results GW13
1666881844890.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW14
1666881855350.png

I had 18 points sitting on the bench, :rolleyes: but they were the right choices at the time. If Foden hadn't come on for the last 20 odd minutes I would have got 10 points Fulham's Andreas.

Haaland is 75% chance of playing atm, after coming off in the Champions League game the other night. That could affect a lot of people, including me.

I benched Haaland this round, it was a gamble as he was down as 75% chance, but on the FPL site they recommended to drop him this time as they felt he wouldn't show. Not that it's done much for me, but it is a bit refreshing to know we're not all depending on him to shine this time out

Only just realised I play @redhed17 this round!

Last edited:
Top 4 remain the same, with minor changes to the differences between them. Amber Army(70) 1st, Klopp Klopp Boom(64) 2nd, Mrs Smith's Boys(61) 3rd, and Woody's wonders(75) in 4th.

Moving from joint 7th to 5th, with the highest score of the week and 95 points, :clap: are Tarric's Tot's.

That pushes Banished to Riyadh(71), me(61), and Medway United(61) down to 6th, 7th and 8th. :( :LOL:

Average point score for the week was 59 points.

No Friday, or early Saturday game, so the deadline for making changes is Sat 5th Nov @13:30.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW14
1667240290431.png

The top of the table clash between Amber Army and Mrs Smith's Boys went to the leader, Amber Army, 70-61. Amber Army's lead has increased to 8 points.

The Head2Head match between Klopp Klopp Boom and Penfold's Dangermice had the latter come out victorious, 74-64, and resulted in both teams swapping positions, with Penfold's Dangermice moving up from 6th>3rd, 3 points ahead of Klopp Klopp Boom, and 3 points behind Mrs Smith's Boys.

Banished to Riyadh drop a place to 5th, after losing their H2H with Second Half Pints 71-84, and so are still on 22 points, the same as Klopp Klopp Boom and me, now down to 6th, after my defeat to New Oak Utd 61-67.

TP H2H League Table GW14
1667241889708.png
TP H2H League Results GW14
1667241904532.png

TP H2H League Fixtures GW15
1667241925205.png

It was an accidental bench boost just scraped that one for me, I meant to remove it once I heard Haaland wasn't going to show - oh well, could've been worse, 9pts from the bench - but a red card on field soured that

I have a real knack for picking players losing all form or about to get injured.
Managers should pay me not to put their players in my FPL team

I have a real knack for picking players losing all form or about to get injured.
Managers should pay me not to put their players in my FPL team

Same, I brought in Toney last round, red card ... replaced him with Wilson, I'd only just transfered when he came up with that yellow icon, illness - he did play but didn't do a scratch

The top 3 got pretty similar scores, with Amber Army(58), Klopp Klopp Boom(57), and Mrs Smith's Boys(60), and so not much changed between them.

Woody's wonders had a slightly poor week with 49 points, and drop a place to 5th, replaced by Tarric's Tots(59) who have gone 3 points ahead. There was only one other position change with 11th and 12th swapping positions to move Penfold's Dangermice(68) up ahead of RED BULLS HIT(49) and go 3 points ahead.

The average points score for the week was 53.

The highest scorer of the week was Penfold's Dangermice with 68 points. :clap:

I was slightly above average for a change with 59 points, and stay 7th.

TP Fantasy Football League Table, GW15
1667929563275.png

Amber Army won their Head2Head with Woody's wonders 58-49 to stay 8 points ahead of Mrs Smith's Boys, who also won their H2H with Banished to Riyadh 60-58.

Penfold's Dangermice stay 3rd, 3 points behind, after beating New Oak Utd 68-54. Klopp Klopp Boom, a further 3 points behind, after winning 57-54 against horspath hounds.

I move up place into 5th, despite drawing 59-59 with tarric's tots, going 1 point ahead of Banished to Riyadh after their loss.

I go up against Klopp Klopp Boom next who are 2 points ahead of me, so that could be significant for both of us for the winner and loser. ;) Or of course, the difference could stay 2 points. :LOL:

TP H2H League Table GW15
1667931626012.png
TP H2H League Results GW15
1667931637823.png
TP H2H League Fixtures GW16
1667931654207.png

Back