TalkPhotography Fantasy Football Leagues 22/23

Congratulations to Chris (Klopp Klopp Boom) and Yvette (Mrs Smith's Boys), I had a good run while it lasted but happy to finnish in the top half of both for a change.

May thanks redhead17 for running this and the weekly commentary.
FPL is getting harder and harder each year to do well in the overall ranking, I got my second highest points haul this year, but did poorly in the overall ranking compared to previous seasons.

Big thanks to Redhead17 for setting this up and updating, not my best season but next season is just around the corner.

Sorry I'm late to the party. Congratulations to the winners, and thank you for all your write-ups, Redhed. :)

I'm sure you all got the same email, player prices for this season are now up on site!

"With Erling Haaland costing a joint-record £14.0m, is the Man City forward still a must-have in your £100m squad or will you dare to head into Gameweek 1 without him?"

14m is pretty hefty, time to think outside the box I think

I'm sure you all got the same email, player prices for this season are now up on site!

"With Erling Haaland costing a joint-record £14.0m, is the Man City forward still a must-have in your £100m squad or will you dare to head into Gameweek 1 without him?"

14m is pretty hefty, time to think outside the box I think
Haaland is still 100% my first pick, followed by Trent, also a no brainer for me. Salah too will probably be in there. I've just done a first draft and even with those 3 expensive choices, it wasn't too difficult to put a decent team (with poor bench) together.
I think FPL should have put Haaland and the like even more expensive. Limiting us to 2 players per club would have spiced it up too imo. Last season with 3 city, 3 arsenal and a couple of ManU or LFC players for most of the season meant I only had to dip into other teams for a couple of players (one was Tripper all season) and cheapy bench warmers. It all became a little formulaic.

I have created a new thread for the next season, with details on how to join the leagues, Standard and Head 2 Head.

If you are interested in joining for the new season, please follow the links in this new thread here.

I hope all those who participated join again, whilst hopefully attracting new players. :)

Haaland is still 100% my first pick, followed by Trent, also a no brainer for me. Salah too will probably be in there. I've just done a first draft and even with those 3 expensive choices, it wasn't too difficult to put a decent team (with poor bench) together.
I think FPL should have put Haaland and the like even more expensive. Limiting us to 2 players per club would have spiced it up too imo. Last season with 3 city, 3 arsenal and a couple of ManU or LFC players for most of the season meant I only had to dip into other teams for a couple of players (one was Tripper all season) and cheapy bench warmers. It all became a little formulaic.
I'm tempted to go without him but I know 99% of teams will have him, so you either just select him to keep up which is crappy but is what it is, or you hope for your differentials to perform very well - always a gamble.

Back