Tamron 55-200mm (Nikon AF)£39.12 Jessops

Edit My Images
No
Tamron 55-200mm f/4-5.6 Di II LD Macro (Nikon AF)
http://www.jessops.com/online.store...rtDirection=Descending&sortProperty=Relevance
Product Detail
This is a telephoto zoom for exclusive use on digital SLR cameras that covers the focal length range equivalent to 85-310mm when converted to a 35mm format. The lens will allow owners of digital SLRs fitted with standard zoom lenses to enjoy with ease the professional-looking "pulling" and "compression" effects particular to telephoto lenses.

* Focal Length: 55-200mm
* Maximum Aperture: f/4-5.6
* Angle of View: 28°28' - 7°59' (APS-C size equivalent)
* Lens Construction: 13 elements in 9 groups
* Minimum Focus Distance: 0.95m (Over the entire zoom range)
* Maximum Magnification Ratio: 1:3.5 (at f="200mm", MFD 0.95m)
* Filter Diameter: 52mm
* Overall Length 83.0mm
* Maximum Diameter: 71.6mm
* Weight: 300 grams
* Diaphragm Blades: Nine Blades
* Minimum Aperture: f/32
* Standard Accessory: Lens Hood

You can get this down to £37.16 if you use code 'ootd5' and 3% cash back through quidco or topcashback.

Is it actually a bargain?

Its cheap, but is it any good? These have been around £40-£50 for ages actually, and you've been able to pick them up "new" via Ebay for around £40 for the last year or so.

While Tamron makes some great stuff, my gut feeling is this isn't really a bargain - just about what its worth in optical terms....?

The Sony versions gets very good users reviews on Dyxum.com, it scores 4.39. Which is pretty good, when you consider the Minolta 70-210 Beercan scores 4.56 and that is classed as one of the best Minolta lenses.

If it helps, here are the user views and sample images for the Sony version.

http://www.dyxum.com/lenses/detail.asp?IDLens=242

Is it actually a bargain?

Its cheap, but is it any good? These have been around £40-£50 for ages actually, and you've been able to pick them up "new" via Ebay for around £40 for the last year or so.

While Tamron makes some great stuff, my gut feeling is this isn't really a bargain - just about what its worth in optical terms....?

Oh it's a bargain. I had one of these for my 30D and was very pleased with it, I paid £80 for mine when they first came out and they got great reviews all the time.

Just don't drop them as when hitting a concrete floor they break apart, I know :( .

think i will get one over the coming days and see how good it is, cant be bad for under £40

Like all of these things, if you get a good one it's most certainly a bargain.

You know if they had a Canon fit I'd be tempted to get one just to take on holidays, much lighter the a 70-200 2.8 L

Back