Tamron 70-200f2.8

Obviously I cant say what its like in canon flavour but if its as good as nikon you dont need to worry about it, Yes its not as fast as a sigma for focussing but once its locked onto a moving subject it just comes into its own the focus becomes superb and never hunts and as for it being soft ....forget that its one of the sharpest lenses I know through the whole zoom range my sigma 70-200f2.8 couldnt manage what this tamron is capable of (y)

It may only be a Canon problem then, both the reviews I read were based on the Canon version & they both said the same thing :(

my god, i think thatd be a nightmare on the wee d40 body, id have to lean backwards to counterbalance it!

Remember a third of the lens is only hood so the actual lengt is only about 7 and a bit inches long and its a little bit lighter than the sigma and nikon (not so much as you would notice)(y)

What size is the end of the lens? I'm guessing 77mm... always the way, my new 67mm UV won't fit it. I guess it's stay on the 70-300VR.

DM can you send some pictures to me to my personal email please? as i am also worried about the softness on the right hs from some reviews from the above posts...dpreview is one of them.

Here's one from the Sigma 70-200 2.8, on a
proper aircraft, not a granny craft ;)

Hawk02.jpg

Here's one from the Sigma 70-200 2.8, on a
proper aircraft, not a granny craft ;)

Hawk02.jpg

I think with that thing bearing down on me, I'd have been too busy filling my pants to check my settings and press the shutter :eek:

:LOL:we all dont live in hills and shag sheep so we stick to what we have ....normal planes and women:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Probably, as its a Sigma and its coming straight at me at close to 400MPH
+ the fact I was standing on one leg and waving like hell with my left arm :wave:, to make sure he saw me ;)

:LOL::LOL::LOL: honestly mate its a cracker just wish we had them round here:clap::clap:

Xup, those pictures are absolutely stunning even to my untrained eye.

Was this a special event or do you just know where the flight paths are & go along.

I wouldn't get any pictures of this quality but would be interested in giving it a go one day.

to my untrained eye the sigma looked sharper. im not saying that because i have one but would haved binned the tamron image. but the shutter speed vs focal length could introduce shake though.

After reading about this lens on another forum, and also on here, I have taken the plunge and just ordered it from Warehouse express for £430. Can't wait to get it and play with it now!! :woot:

I was planning on getting the canon 70-200 F4 L non IS later in the year, but having watched it rise in price these past few weeks, I was umming and ahhing over buying it sooner, even though it is more than I wanted to spend, then I saw this with decent IQ, faster and cheaper, I figured I may as well buy it now, in case that goes up in price too! :D

Gem

After reading about this lens on another forum, and also on here, I have taken the plunge and just ordered it from Warehouse express for £430. Can't wait to get it and play with it now!! :woot:

I was planning on getting the canon 70-200 F4 L non IS later in the year, but having watched it rise in price these past few weeks, I was umming and ahhing over buying it sooner, even though it is more than I wanted to spend, then I saw this with decent IQ, faster and cheaper, I figured I may as well buy it now, in case that goes up in price too! :D

Gem

Please let us know your thoughts on this lens when you get it, all the other posters seem to be Nikon users, I'd like to know what another Canon user thinks before I take the plunge.

taken the plung and order one of this :) am i correct in sayong that this comes with 6 years warranty?

ah, i was looking at the USA tamron site...which offers 6 year warranty :O

Lens looks like a good one for the price, Pete has kindly offered me a weekend of testing with it later this year, will be nice to test them side by side, me with the tamron from Pete and then the opposite way around so he can compare them both

Sorry for not knowing what you are comparing it with, is it the Sigma or Nikkor? I fully expect the Nikkor to walk all up and down the Tamron though.

Will it work with a 1.4TC for a bit more range? Would it be an f4 then? Looks a lot better value than the equivalent Nikon.

Will it work with a 1.4TC for a bit more range? Would it be an f4 then? Looks a lot better value than the equivalent Nikon.

Heres the question I was pondering over to does anyone close have one so I can borrow it to try before I buy????(y)

Sorry for not knowing what you are comparing it with, is it the Sigma or Nikkor? I fully expect the Nikkor to walk all up and down the Tamron though.

In all honesty the siggy and tamron are better and worse than each other the sigma is very fast a/f the tamron is slower the siggy does get soft the tamron doesnt the sigma is about 650quid the tamrom isnt the sigma is more desirable the tamron isnt it all comes down to personal preference thats why I have told Steve he can try it against the sigma to give an honest opinion and let us all know as Steve takes some stunning shots and can compare it better than I ever could so lets wait n see what the verdict is (y)

there is tamron TCs but can't find any relevant information on their website. i presume it is very crap

A 2x would give you even more reach but it is going to make it even slower whats that now f5.4? It is a really cheap way to get a decent quality 400mm lens though.

A 2x would give you even more reach but it is going to make it even slower whats that now f5.4? It is a really cheap way to get a decent quality 400mm lens though.

There are 2 x tc but not compatible untill the new one is released which is in march I think
I really dont think it will slow down as its motor driven so shouldnt really make a difference

Back