Tattoos - discussion.....

for me tattoos tell a story, much like the traditional maori tattoos

I'm just trying to understand it, and trying to see what others points of view , pro or con, are?I'm not having a go at people who have them, or outright saying that people are boring, but there must be a certain amount of that with some people, surely?

I've got two quarter sleeves, a corner elbow and a gauntlet worth maybe 25 or 30 hours. I got my first bit of ink when I was 16 and alcoholed. Fortunately it was just a shortened version of my name... years later I began collecting ink. I only wanted "a splash " to start off though, lol. I absolutely hate getting the ink. From the very first poke to the very last, I am wishing time to hurry on. Some inked areas have been far worse than others. I didn't get any of the items on me because of or for anyone/anything else. The biggest of my ink isn't visible to the world.... years after I started inking, the images and designs became something of their own. I'll never be able to explain it to you but it has been profound. Tattoos don't come from boredom or the desire to the the world off or anything else other than the individual getting them has a desire to. Just in the way that folks who don't get tattoos don't.

I've got two quarter sleeves, a corner elbow and a gauntlet worth maybe 25 or 30 hours. I got my first bit of ink when I was 16 and alcoholed. Fortunately it was just a shortened version of my name... years later I began collecting ink. I only wanted "a splash " to start off though, lol. I absolutely hate getting the ink. From the very first poke to the very last, I am wishing time to hurry on. Some inked areas have been far worse than others. I didn't get any of the items on me because of or for anyone/anything else. The biggest of my ink isn't visible to the world.... years after I started inking, the images and designs became something of their own. I'll never be able to explain it to you but it has been profound. Tattoos don't come from boredom or the desire to the the world off or anything else other than the individual getting them has a desire to. Just in the way that folks who don't get tattoos don't.

Best answer so far!!

Let's see some pics Jennifer?! I have a 12" tattoo on my back, I'll show you mine if you show me yours! ;-)

I really love my wife...and I really love her tattoo...well the main one...we both have a few...

Hers are mixed idealogically...I just made that word up...but I knew what I meant...

ALL MY INK IS VERY PERSONAL TO ME & HAVE MEANING...hers are mixed...but she loves them all...

This is my fave...inspired by a piece of graphic art we saw...and we both shouted at the laptop in unison...thats the one...

She had it done in one 5 1/2 hour sitting...It called 'THE AUTUMN FAIRY'...

So...I rabble on...but here it is...

Joycies_Tattoo.jpg

Everywhere we've holiday'ed...from NY to Miami to Mexico to Tenerife to Lake Garda...she always gets good remarks and comments from women...especially one who havent got ink...that love it as its actually very feminine...it covered most of the time unless we are on hols...so unless we.re on a night out...no one would guess its there...

Forgot to say...this was fresh ink...gotta get her in front of the camera and do it right...

STEVIER

Last edited:
On the point of Tattoos being 'rough'...

I have one on my 4th left finger...does that make me rough......oh forgot to say...it my wedding finger...Kanji for double happiness...as I dont wear a wedding ring...so got this for our 20th wedding anniversary...

Not a biker...not Love/Hate tattos...but if I did so what...its all about the personnel choice...but I do try never to prejudge anyone...

Basically...Try...Never judge a book by its cover...you might just get a surprise...

PS: My other are a Kanji on my upper arm for 'vow'...a rosary around my calf...a bead for each of my close family who (past or present) mean something to me, it also has my Grandfathers centre-piece of his rosary and my mothers Celtic Cross (im actually not religious, its an omage to my family)......

And most favourite...on my right inside wrist...In Latin...My Wedding Date...facing my heart (like a Claddah)......so probably more romantic than rough...

STEVIER

Well, all these people with so many tattoos. I've only got two, perhaps I should do some catching up.

Back