Tell us a photo job you ****~e up

PapaLazarou

Suspended / Banned
Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Here is mine
Many years ago a local band had me doing them some pictures for a CD they had coming out. So I shot the CD cover and a few inside sleeve shots all fine. But then they got to thinking they were real big, and asked me to shot a live gig they they were doing. The record company would pay me and they said name your fee, so I said £500 and free beer all night. I got the gig and all was fine, got a few good shots of the warm up bands. But as the night went on I got more and more ****ed, and forgot to put film in the camera for when the main boys came on. Only reliased what I had done two songs from the end when I thought this film is going forever. I put a film in and shot like F@c~ for the last two songs and got away with it.

dude!!!!
Lucky escape huh?
I shot a couple in the studio, and i didnt realise until i got home, ready to edit that i hadnt put the memory card in.
safely say, i wondered if i had tourettes for a while after that!

dude!!!!
Lucky escape huh?
I shot a couple in the studio, and i didnt realise until i got home, ready to edit that i hadnt put the memory card in.
safely say, i wondered if i had tourettes for a while after that!

A good reason to set your camera to warn you if there is no memory card.:bang:

I can **** it up every time I pick a camera up, choosing one occasion is much too difficult :(

A few years ago local pro lab told me that he had a wedding tog rush into his shop with a bag of roll film. He insisted on waiting for the film to be developed and printed so he could rush back to the wedding and show off the pictures.

NONE of the exposures came out!! The guy had only left the lens cap on!! (presumably it was a rangefinder) AGH imagine that!

The only minor c*** up I made was forgetting to pack the studio light stands for a wedding that we went to. (we always packed the lights just in case the weather doesn't hold out) I'm sure you can guess...it rained! aaaaargh! In the end we used our canon strobes. All turned out ok though!

I developed a whole roll of 120 film at home only to find that I hadn't wound it on the spool on my mamiya properly, wonderfully underexposed it was. Thankfully it was just a test film so no harm done. Oh the value of practice!

I also forgot to put a memory card in once. Merrily shooting a wonderful sunset in the lakes last year, I spotted it though and had to run back for the card. Blast!

Doing a corporate golf day shooting the golfers swings with a high speed camera, the saleman was demoing the camera and it failed.

Luckly I had my 1d as a backup.

No i did not buy the camera in the end

I generally shoot JPEG in the studio, rather than RAW....but this time I had my boss' dogs in the studio....NONE of the settings were right on my camera.
I was made up with cold and I had still trudged on like a trouper.

I was shooting at ISO 100 the only thing that was right, and the F-number and sutter speed were right.

I had the WB set to AUTO
Exp Comp at +0.67 and shooting in RAW.

I hadnt realised I was shooting in RAW til I had a full memory card and had to use one of DiddyDaves [it was in his studio]

LUCKILY I had shot in RAW cos I didnt realise the WB and exp comp were wrong til they were uploaded on the comp! :LOL:

All because I'd been shooting SNOW the few days before. :LOL:

Needless to say I now reset my camera settings :)

And the pictures came out fine.

I had a assignment shooting an event at the Royal Albert Hall a few weeks back. My first time with these clients and I wanted to impress.

I had an hour to kill before the artists started to arrive so as I sat in the press room i started to double check the settings on my camera. I have always had my camera set to JPEG + RAW and after a brainwave I thought I'd change my settings to shoot RAW only. Unfortunately I chose the wrong settings and ended up selecting JPEG and shot the whole day on that setting.

It wasn't till the following morning that I realised what I had done and I nearly had a heart attack. After some lengthy time working between Lightroom and PS2 i managed to get some pretty decent pics. The client was very happy so overall i got through it ok. Now i've set my camera to RAW only and its staying that way :)

Not technically a job per se but the other Sunday at London Irish v Bristol. Went on the pitch with the kids while the did the guard of honour tunnel and had long lens rather than little lens :razz: Plus, don't think I had the right settings all afternoon for the match pictures (see thread in Sports)

All a learning curve though. I've learnt from those mistakes and will most probably do exactly the same next year :LOL:

The worst Ive done is left my piddley little 128MB card instead of my 4GB in the camera when I went for a long walk. Had to lower the quality settings to get more than 2 shots :D

Last year I did my sisters wedding and shot the whole day with the Exp Comp set at -1.3 without realising it. This was before I had the courage to go "fully manual", but now, for anything serious I won't do anything else.

Luckily, I managed to pull most of them back in Lightroom, and a bit of noise reduction helped....

Shall I go and stand in the corner with a pointy hat on ? :nono:

Steve

I used to work on cruise ships!!
Much fun was had, so i have lots of **** ups. One springs to mind .
We used to shot the dinners at there tables, groups and couples, 4000 passengers on board. My first night i was so nervous, i meet up with the rest of the team to hand in all the films!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes i forgot to load any film, apparently this was common!!!!
I had to go back in and redo the hole thing!!!!!! I never did it ever again.
The 2nd big one was, we had to dress up as pirates and take pictures with the dinners. I hated this part of the job so i used to pay the dancers to take my place, until my last week and no one would do it!! so i had a little drink before hand and in between sittings, half way round the dinning room i was making a right seen, i woke up the next day with a really bad hangover and couldn't get off the ship as my punishment. And i had to go to the captain as i was making the seen right by his table of special guest.:nuts:
I have lots more to tell you, i was 19 and having more fun drinking and having fun!!!

Two little problems come to mind. Both many years ago and both in Germany. A friend of mine was suitably impressed with my colour slide work to request some rolls of film for his scuba diving holiday in the Red Sea. During the subsequent processing of one roll (the most important one of course - the underwater roll), I must have forgotten to slide fully into place the clip that holds the film in the bottom of the developing tank. Only half of each frame was processed. From the processed half it could be seen that they were cracking shots.

The second little 'event' occurred whilst setting up in someone's house - their family were over from the UK and they wanted indoor shots. I can't remember why they wanted indoor shots but I do recall it was a bright and sunny day. I was using a secondary flash off at a distance and on it's own tripod. It was a mains flash - remember them?? I was just about ready to arrange the subjects when there was a bang. I looked around and I couldn't see this flash - only a ball of white smoke enveloping the flash. The cause? I, somehow, had knocked the 120/240 volt switch to the wrong position.

Got to a shoot one evening, had totally forgot to pack any of the camera batteries, they were still sitting at home next to the charger. Luckily i only lived 2 miles from the gig so all was fine.

Also recently i sold my 10D, i gave it to the buyer (a friend) for a week to try out, i lobbed in an old 128mb card so he could fire off some shots. The week went by and he brought the money round to me, along with the card which he said he wouldnt need. I took the card, then realised i had left some. lets say rather revealing pics of the wife on there:shake:
Dean:)

Also recently i sold my 10D, i gave it to the buyer (a friend) for a week to try out, i lobbed in an old 128mb card so he could fire off some shots. The week went by and he brought the money round to me, along with the card which he said he wouldnt need. I took the card, then realised i had left some. lets say rather revealing pics of the wife on there:shake:
Dean:)
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

sorry i had to laugh at that one, bet the wife wasnt chuffed ( or did you not tell her?)

well i can truly say that i havent made any mistakes like any of the above, only got my camera 3 months ago, but hey there is plenty time for mistakes yet.

I got paid to ****up photos once.....it was great:LOL:
Well known DIY chain poster campaign
They sent me some perfect items to ****up artistically and shoot:banana::banana::banana:

33m6esh.jpg

Not me but a cousin did this.

In 1982 his brother in law was in the navy and had been out fighting in the falklands, when the ships returned to port in the UK he got up really early and managed to get a really good spot high up to view the fleet coming in.

he was going to record the whole thing on a cine camera, colour sound film was like gold dust, couldn't find any anywhere so he had to make do with silent.

the view was fantastic, fire ships with hoses going 100s of small vessels, sailors standing to attention on deck 100m from where he was standing, a real spectacle.

he put the camera down when the film ran out and was that excited he didn't take a single picture with his still camera.

then he picked the cine camera up , lens cap on , didn't even record the sound, totally blank film

Had a guy come into my work to do a shoot on making your own bait for carp fishing. He brought loads of gear in - base mixes, colourings, flavours, oils, eggs, rolling tables and the like. The whole shebang.

Set up, got the lighting set-up and we did the whole process, about 2hrs of shooting, and then remembered I'd not loaded film - doh! The guy was cool about it, although i sensed the return 100 miles journey the next week with the same load of stuff wasn't exactly what he'd planned for...

We nailed it second tme around - I must have shot 30 rolls!!!

Back