Monthly Tezmeds 2013- 12 Etc

tezmed

Dangerous to bathrooms
Name
terry
Edit My Images
Yes
Havent been out specifically in the evening for a while and was keen to experiment with lengthier shutter speeds and triggers etc, and only use full manual settings on the camera only as opposed to shutter and time priority.... managed to get up to 2 minute exposures for these and have only cropped and done tiny tweaks pp wise...

I got three im happy with, will head out again shortly elsewhere for some more pictures which will follow....

image 1

towerbridge1pp_zps871ac4de.jpg

image 2

towerbridge2pp_zps284d2636.jpg

image 3

towerbridge3pp_zpsb3e51ff4.jpg

more pictures from a different trip to follow shortly....

Hi Terry.
lovely shots of the lights and the set up but only a slight crit on the sky if it can be darker either by LR / ps prosess they will be the nuts... but like i said a slight crit ...well done mate.

Steve

I Like the composition of the first couple and loving the angle on #2. They look over exposed tho and I wouldn't have gone so heavy on the noise reduction. Just personal preference tho (y)
Cool set up, looking forward to the others.

My favourite of these is No 1 - really like the silver effect to the lighting. My only crit. on this is the red safety box in the middle which stands out a little too much, might tone it down or move or clone it out.

The second would be better for me if the converging uprights were straightened and the angle on the third is strange, too much sky and nothing to really draw my eye into the picture.

cheers for the comments guys.... and girls!!

these were straight out the camera, with the exception of tiny crops and a little removal of lens flare.....

next time i go i must remove that red life aid..... so what if people jump in and drown its distracted my photo- i spent about half hour to everyone watchings amusement trying to get in a decent location, and i've missed still missed something so obvious.....

i have got a couple of darker sky ones from the camera which i'l dig out- there was something unreal about them hence i choose these 3 above....

They look over exposed tho and I wouldn't have gone so heavy on the noise reduction

i original took some quick shutter shots, but after looking at them they seemed quite bland, and was full of people walking through the scene which i felt also detracted from the image a little...- to my knowledge there is now noise reduction applied- only used a 2 minute shutter for each and a little light painting in the lower section of the 2nd image...

The second would be better for me if the converging uprights were straightened and the angle on the third is strange, too much sky and nothing to really draw my eye into the picture

i did think the angles looked out, i just havent a foggiest on how to straigthen the up by pp... il have a look into seeing if anything can be done with the image as shot them all raw.... the third shot was puely an experimental photo where i was attempting to use the leading lines logic- i quite liked the sky as it was really clear eve (rare occurence) with no distractions....

cheers for the comments....

im gonna have another go soon so il try and adapt reading for my next attempt

It's a shame there is so much light pollution in the sky, the colour is just murky, not that there is much you can do about that of course. The best time of day is just after sunset when there is still some colour in the sky.

Hi, there'd, nice start. I quite like the Dutch tilt on 3 :D

Light pollution is a bugger I'm sure you could PP, should you choose...or convert to B&W :D

Cheers.

Hi Terry, good start.

I love the star bursts on all three, though the exposure on the lights might be a tiny bit overdone in one and three. I think the exposure of two combined with the composition of one would have been perfect. Unusual "brown" sky too!

#2 is my favourite of the set. I'm inclined to agree with the "light sky" comments but that's really a personal taste thing I think.

Really good start and lucky you for having a location like that so close by!

Ian.

I'm wondering if you could have done multiple shorter exposures - 15 seconds or so with a stop or so under exposure and then stacked them together as is done with star trails, that would make passersby vanish and given a darker sky.

Last edited:
Back