weekly Tharizdun UK's 2012 52 Challenge. Direction Added

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
Yes
Here we go. Im new to photography had my Nikon D3000 just over 3 months, and am looking to develop my composition, technique, and overall quality of my photographs.

Week 1: Direction
Week 2:
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:
Week 6:
Week 7:
Week 8:
Week 9:
Week 10:
Week 11:
Week 12:
Week 13:
Week 14:
Week 15:
Week 16:
Week 17:
Week 18:
Week 19:
Week 20:
Week 21:
Week 22:
Week 23:
Week 24:
Week 25:
Week 26:
Week 27:
Week 28:
Week 29:
Week 30:
Week 31:
Week 32:
Week 33:
Week 34:
Week 35:
Week 36:
Week 37:
Week 38:
Week 39:
Week 40:
Week 41:
Week 42:
Week 43:
Week 44:
Week 45:
Week 46:
Week 47:
Week 48:
Week 49:
Week 50:
Week 51:
Week 52:

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum :wave: this is a great place to lean all about your camera and the 52 will push you to think about what your pointing the camera at it's a great way to develop your skills (y)

Best of luck in your challenge

Matt
MWHCVT

Welcome to TP. :)

Like Matt says, there are some great people on here who'll go the extra mile to give yu help and info. There are some interesting debates and a few heated discussions, but on the whole it's all about learning and sharing our passion for taking better images.

I like the dovestonemono1 shot on your flickr (y)

Welcome to the madhouse that is the 52 Challenge Dan (y)

Look forward to seeing your images , can be hard work but most of all it's fun fun fun :D

best of luck Dan, best place to learn is the 52... lynne kids about the fun aspect...its a hard slog of a beast this, up hill all the way till you get to week 26... then before you know it...its week 50 and you are a few weeks behind...

most of all have fun... might not have mentioned this part of the 52 .??

welcome to here and best of luck :)

Hiya Dan,

Good on you for taking the bull by the horns and tackling this challenge.

I did it all this year .... it is hard work, you start off a lightning speed, but believe me as the year progresses, especially the summer months, it gets very trying and at the end it is like running a 10000 meter .... where you can see the end in sight, but you just have to put that last bit of umph in and hopefully end on a high note with a fantastic finale.

Good luck to you and I will pop past to provide encouragement where I can.

All the best for the new year and the new challenge.

Us 2011 52'ers will be here to support you (y)

Cheers

Dawn :)

Hey Dan welcome and good luck, and from my neck of the woods too (y)

The Nikon D3000 is a fantastic camera to learn from, I'm certainly enjoying learning with mine.

Thanks for your comments and encouragement. Looks like we are from the same neck of the woods Simon. The pic on Flickr is Portland basin.
Will be making a start on the first theme this weekend.

Last edited:
I have to say great idea as that's close to what I've taken. I like the orienteering theme you've used. Is that why there's water (raindrops?) in the shot? - Does it always rain when you are doing it?

I have to say great idea as that's close to what I've taken. I like the orienteering theme you've used. Is that why there's water (raindrops?) in the shot? - Does it always rain when you are doing it?

I did have a couple of ideas for outdoor shots but the weather has been terrible here since the theme was annouced.
So i decided to do an indoor shot adding water (raindrops) to go with the weather at present.

A good interpretation and making the compass match the map direction is a nice touch. The colours and the complexity of the map perhaps just overpower the shot a little and make the compass aspect harder to view. Good start though and look forward to seeing more :)

Great start, I really like the colours and the added water droplets. If anything all of contour lines jumbled up with the compass detract from giving the compass definition. Saying that though the detailing of the compass and map pointing north is a really nice touch. (y)

Like your week one Pic, someone who knows how to use a compass I see. There have been a few of these pics for the first week but they are all slightly different, Good effort on yours and hope the house move goes to plan.

Dan, a good start to the 52... I like it, but find the complexity of the map to overpower the compass somewhat. A good idea to line them all up together, and the water drops add to it.

Good sharp shot, not keen on the map colours though tbh - like others have said I think they overpower the image a little bit.

The water droplets are a nice touch.

Like this, the colours are great and the water drops add to the image, i think i agree with the OP though and the compass to me does get a little lost in the vibrancy of the map

Good effort for Direction...the water adds to it

Back