The 2013 Season F1 Thread

Any repect I has for Vettel has gone. Webber will not forget this, and I feel it may come back to haunt the team later in the season.
Anyone know where Force India can go for a wheel change??

Team orders spoil the race, well done Vettel!

you mean well done to vettel for being a grade 1 dick? I agree that team orders are not a good thing, but they are there because of the restraints put on the teams by the FIA to save money. Webber slowed down because he was told to, vettel didnt, he only won because he knew MW is an honest guy and would do what is asked of him.

Simmotino said:
There was only one thing demonstrated by today's "race" - Formula 1 is a joke of a "sport".

There's 2 camping tickets for silverstone in the classifieds, only £771 , doesn't mention if that includes a chauffeur driven limo to the helipad or not so I'm giving it a miss

Loving F1, I'm hoping the Beeb up their game a bit for the Live races though, this slimmed down presentation is naff.

So the team orders for Red Bull where to hold position, which Vettel ignored, had Webber not towed the line I guess they wouldn't have made it to the end.
If Hamilton and Rosberg are not in the same situation, it could have been a nice gesture on Hamiltons behalf to slow up on the run to the line and let Nico take what would probably have been his without team orders.

I'm a big fan of F1, followed it for a lot of years, but they gotta do something about team orders, its such a destructive component of what is a fabulous product.
The absolute epitome of how crap TO is was last years dodgy bit of exhaust "found" on Massa's Ferrari which saw him swallow a 3 pos penalty and effectively place Alonso in a more favourable starting position, a more favourable START position, so this is before the flippin gun...:shake:.....cynical or what.

There has always been team orders
The constructors title is where the money is
there are 11 teams racing not 22 drivers

It was intresting to hear Vettal trying to say sorry by throwing a deaf un or in his case a misunderstanding and horner trying to say it was just the lads having a romp and Mako trying to null webbers comments from the podium
At least Webber knows he is No2 from now on
Is there going to be some r's kicking tonight

Although Vettal has proved himself a "proper No2" next best thing to a Schumacher and

rosberg is finding out what its like to have a hamilton in the team

A strange race both winning teams (4 cars) have been wanting the 2012 tyres back as the 2013 tyres dont suit high downforce cars
The two teams that do suit the tyres Lotus and one ferrari didnt shine at all
That said massa didnt do too badly

Respect to Webber for not getting out of his car and knocking Vettel on his arse.. I would've.

That would have made the whole thing worthwhile.

David

The absolute epitome of how crap TO is was last years dodgy bit of exhaust "found" on Massa's Ferrari which saw him swallow a 3 pos penalty and effectively place Alonso in a more favourable starting position, a more favourable START position, so this is before the flippin gun...:shake:.....cynical or what.

I thought it was an oil seal on the gearbox and it was most definatly a tactical move as Alonso was in the running for champ not Massa, rather than a TO

Multi 21 what does it mean?? The look on Webbers face when he said it to vettal in the pre podium room could well be translated as you ****

The rb9 has a thumb switch on the right of the steering wheel marked MULT I have seen pictures of it in 4 and 6 positions
Maybe and its only a guess that pos 21 is used in cruise mode when one car is behind another rather than a conserve or race mode
So like you say its a hold pos mode maybe but no one seems to know for sure but it meant hell of a lot to Webber

Multi 21 is basically a setting which turns the engine down. Not only did Vettel not hold position, he didn't use Multi 21... Says one source.

Another source is that it's a code for simply hold position. If it's the former, you can see why webber might be doubly ****ed!

Last edited:
Multi 21 what does it mean?? The look on Webbers face when he said it to vettal in the pre podium room could well be translated as you ****

According to Jake Humphrey

@mrjakehumphrey: I think we also all now know that 'multi 21' means don't overtake your teammate. Today I've lost so much respect for Seb Vettel. #naughty

As frustrating as it is to have Team orders, I think that Christian and Ross both summed up the reason why they are there and it is pointless to risk the teams overall standing because of drivers pride. They have always been around, it is has only become more evident since teams had to make parts last. Just look at poor Rubens Barrichello at Ferrari. Lets not forget that the whole reason the restrictions were bought in was to make it easier for the teams who couldn't afford to replace engines and gearboxes every race.

Personally I do not have a problem with team orders as long as it is the same for both drivers, ie whoever is in the lead after the last round of stops holds the position, where it is wrong is when you team mate decides not to follow the order. This could have long term repercussions for Red Bull, lets hope Mark calms down and doesn't do anything rash like quit.

Mark was a number 2 driver last year and Marko will see that he is a number 2 driver this year
Red Bull deserve whats coming there way

Team orders are decided on what is best for the team on the day nothing else is considered Ferrari are the masters the others are learning fast

Ferrari Team orders are decided on what is best for Alonso on the day nothing else is considered Ferrari are the masters the others are learning fast

Fixed the Ferrari quote ;).

And would add, I was really cheered up when the Alonso went skating off the track on lap 2, best move of the race :D.

id love to know what Ferrari were thinking when they let him start lap 2 with that front wing.

im surprised it lasted the whole straight with the down-force on it..

The hope was that a dry line would appear on lap 2 and he could pit for slicks

Rather a large gamble although it worked for Vettal last year
Maybe Ferrari is leveling out on its luck after last year

Might be better next year if Webber goes over If you are going to be a No2 might as well be a well paid one with prescence
3 weeks to the next round to get over it but this guy can hold a grudge

All teams should drop team orders ASAP to let the drivers race each other. Also radio's should be banned they managed without them years ago so why not now. May be I'm being a grumpy old man BUT what gets me angry is LOTUS in my eyes its a Renault its still made at Enstone in the Renault factory. The nearest we had to a LOTUS was when Tony Fernandes started LOTUS RACING were Clive Chapman I thought had supported them. Then Tony bought the rights like he thought to TEAM LOTUS name BUT was taken to court because people said it wasn't right, next thing happens they call a RENUALT a LOTUS. Sorry to go on its just I've been a Lotus supporter for many years & I'm LOTUS through & through

All teams should drop team orders ASAP to let the drivers race each other. Also radio's should be banned they managed without them years ago so why not now. May be I'm being a grumpy old man BUT what gets me angry is LOTUS in my eyes its a Renault its still made at Enstone in the Renault factory. The nearest we had to a LOTUS was when Tony Fernandes started LOTUS RACING were Clive Chapman I thought had supported them. Then Tony bought the rights like he thought to TEAM LOTUS name BUT was taken to court because people said it wasn't right, next thing happens they call a RENUALT a LOTUS. Sorry to go on its just I've been a Lotus supporter for many years & I'm LOTUS through & through

Ironically, Renault build an F1 car that Lotus would never be able to get near! Even when Lotus was a proper Lotus, a lot of their success was with turbo Renault engines!

Unfortunately, Lotus, as a car company, is a shadow of its former self.

Last edited:
do lotus make any of their own engines these days? the elise for example had an engine from a rover then in later models a toyota..

Nope!

They're pretty much Toyota based now. I remember the horrid mk2 Elan had an Isuzu van engine...

Lotus hasn't been Lotus since it was sold to Kia years ago.

Last edited:
All teams should drop team orders ASAP to let the drivers race each other. Also radio's should be banned they managed without them years ago so why not now.

Drivers do race each other but not to the detrement of the team
its a 11 team event not a 22 driver event
At the moment Vettalmacher is making a fool of Horner, which is not the smartest thing he has ever done
As for banning radios well maybe pit boards should go as well, pnematic tyres
lets have 12 litre engines back
F1 is the best of the best within the rules lets not start going back to dicks days

Ironically, Renault build an F1 car that Lotus would never be able to get near! Even when Lotus was a proper Lotus, a lot of their success was with turbo Renault engines!

Unfortunately, Lotus, as a car company, is a shadow of its former self.

I know LOTUS cars is not the same because I think I'm right didn't General Motors have a finger in the pie at sometime. Its just me stuck in time warp.

F1 is just getting more technical every year after yesterdays race 2 teams had driver problems {Mercedes & Red Bull}. Ok the comment about radio's was wrong because in some ways they help the safety of the drivers. Hands up its me again stuck in a time warp.

Oh, you mean the other LOTUS. The Norfolk one from Hornsey via Cheshunt ... that used to be famous for team orders, general purpose rule bending and dodgy dealing? :whistle: :LOL:

Nope!

They're pretty much Toyota based now. I remember the horrid mk2 Elan had an Isuzu van engine...

Lotus hasn't been Lotus since it was sold to Kia years ago.

I think you'll find that was Proton.

Yes I know it's from the Daily Fail. But if you want to see how p'd off Mark Webber then look at him cut up Vettel immediately after the chequered flag. Mighty close.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...Vettel-AFTER-Malaysian-Grand-Prix--VIDEO.html

Good old daily Fail
Dramatic footage??? this is F1
Dangerous ??? this is F1
only missing his team-mates car by a matter of inches.?? Very big inches for formula one
Webber then speeds off into the distance leaving Red Bull red-faced??? WTF

Good old daily Fail
Dramatic footage??? this is F1
Dangerous ??? this is F1
only missing his team-mates car by a matter of inches.?? Very big inches for formula one
Webber then speeds off into the distance leaving Red Bull red-faced??? WTF

exactly what i thought, not newsworthy

but its the daily mail so im duty bound to say the following two phrases
BAN THIS SICK FILTH
WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!:dummy:

Fixed the Ferrari quote ;).

And would add, I was really cheered up when the Alonso went skating off the track on lap 2, best move of the race :D.

Can't be doin with Alonso, it was an excellent passage of racing made all the more pleasant by the fact that it was all his own doing..lol

I dunno if I missed something or there's been some history but I was surprised to see Alonso do an interview with the beeb, I mean I've seen him do interviews but they've always been staged and often taken from other broadcaster coverage.
Like with Brundles ad-hock on the start grid interviews or pit lane/garage walks and chats, most members of teams be they drivers, pit staff, strategic co-ordinators whatever, seem to make themselves available, but Alonso.....oh no....never seen him talk outside a controlled environment, I dunno why but I just like to think its because he's an ********.

Speaking of Brundle, that reminds me of a time when he was doing an ad-hock down the start grid, had a few seconds to fill but no interviewee, so he pulls Bernie over and asks who he has that we can talk to.
Bernie leads Brundle by the arm, parting the crowds as he goes and stands him in front of this rich chick, says...this is the wife of Ferraris red paint supplier and shes very nice.....*camera cuts to pits*

An I'm thinking, wtff do 5 million F1`beeb viewers want to know from the wife of Ferraris paint supplier..:shrug:

So there's another if you didn't already know it, 18 carat dime bar....Berni Ecc

Back