The 2020 Disposable Camera Challenge - Chat , reborn.

@Peter B
Is that beach near Arisaig Peter? It looks like Back of Keppoch or even Camusdaroch.

@Peter B
Is that beach near Arisaig Peter? It looks like Back of Keppoch or even Camusdaroch.
It's Achmelvich, just north of Lochinver Andy. Relatively unspoilt before the NC500, they're flocking in now even though there are no toilet facilities.

Ah, ok, a long way north then. Looks fantastic.

Ah, ok, a long way north then. Looks fantastic.
Oh it is, but my mate has had 2 holidays there this year and it pretty much rained all the time . And then there's the midges and the ticks, but I'm still hoping for a few days up there in the next month.

Here's an older photo from the hill overlooking the beach. The chippy is at the caravan site you can just see on the left, so it's just perfect when you're in the mood. ;)

Achmelvich by Northsnapper, on Flickr
Thats bloody gorgeous... mind you, I'm not too far from similar beauty but I think you appreciate it more when its harder to get to.

Oh it is, but my mate has had 2 holidays there this year and it pretty much rained all the time . And then there's the midges and the ticks, but I'm still hoping for a few days up there in the next month.
Sounds lovely. With any luck it might be too cold for sand fleas, venomous spiders, sea snakes and great white sharks by October! (y)

;)

Sounds lovely. With any luck it might be too cold for sand fleas, venomous spiders, sea snakes and great white sharks by October! (y)

;)
Nah, it's not that bad. Mind you, I was out in a smallish boat some years ago when an Orca came up for air, and it looked pretty big at that distance!

Nah, it's not that bad. Mind you, I was out in a smallish boat some years ago when an Orca came up for air, and it looked pretty big at that distance!
It had probably had some of those fish and chips!

5 days to go to SWMBO's birthday, which incidentally is the closing date for this challenge. If you have got them, post them!

If you don't have three good ones just post what you have as voting will be on each individual picture.

Last edited:
SWMBO's birthday present all wrapped for the morning so that means you only have another day to get your entries in.

Bump. Any more entries? I expect that the vino will flow tonight and tomorrow so the poll will appear on Sunday.

Last edited:
Poll up - finishes October 2nd - will be bumping that thread every few days to stop it sinking into obscurity :pompous:

Well done for all the entrants on sticking with the project. :ty:

Perhaps 2021 will give us more opportunities to get out and about with our next batch of disposable cameras. :snaphappy:

Last edited:
I wonder if it's worth sticking a link in the FPOTY caht thread, and other film related chats to encourage some more voters?

... and the winner for 2020 is @Peter B with a beach scene with fish and chips! Close behind was @sirch with a garden shed.

Thanks to all for the entries and the votes. 2021 thread will appear soon !

Well done @Peter B second year on the trot if I recall correctly, you've found your res en detre :)
Possibly true Chris, but running ood mono film through the Holga will be cheaper! 2nd film currently drying, so I'll see how it looks tomorrow.

Possibly true Chris, but running ood mono film through the Holga will be cheaper! 2nd film currently drying, so I'll see how it looks tomorrow.
And there was me thinking that Chris meant taking things easy and enjoying fish and chips on the beach. :)

And there was me thinking that Chris meant taking things easy and enjoying fish and chips on the beach. :)
I was back at Bev's chippy 2 weeks ago, but not good enough to be on the beach. Had a couple of good days though, but that's it for this year.

Back