The 50mm 1.8 natural light thread.

Rhid3.jpg

5195298701_4c9c109d5d_z.jpg

5174916561_5eb79be2ba_z.jpg

Last edited:
:clap:

Some very good work in this thread guys with a very cheap lens It just goes to show you dont need the most expensive kit out there...;)

Regards MD(y)

And keep them coming guys....:wave:

I think mine must be faulty :bonk:

Oops, just realised this was in 'people and portraits' - don't have any of those in natural light yet - only had the lens a couple of days. Sorry! :D

Some lovely pictures here. Shame the thread is 1.4ist so I can't post any :naughty:

What a brilliant lens irrespective of price. Before I got the 24-70 my AF 50mm f1.8D was my most used lens. I sold it after getting the AFS 50mm f1.4G which to be honest is not noticeably better in most situations.

IMG_1217e.jpg

Me, taken by hubby.

This thread inspired me to buy a 50mm lens. I can't wait to get my hands on it and start playing.

I've got a 50mm 1.4 on order too!!

I promise to shoot a few things at 1.8 and in natural light and get a few up here!!

some of these images are stunning!! i love the headshot style ones!

I love this thread! This is my favourite lens too! No where near as good as everyone's here but I'm still learning!! ;)

60027_436422034379_512814379_4771086_759291_n.jpg

Love this one, it also proves it's not all about technical ability but the ability to see an image and then photographing it.

CopyofDSC_0080.jpg
[/IMG]

managed to capture this, more by luck than judgement as he doesn't like the slr much

DSC_0261.jpg
[/IMG]

no such trouble with slr, when snow is about there isn't a care in the world!!

Just realised ive had my 50mm 1.4 for a while now and i havent posted any pics!!

Must do that ASAP!

Just realised ive had my 50mm 1.4 for a while now and i havent posted any pics!!

Must do that ASAP!

This is a 1.4ist thread though. Singling us 1.4ers out and casting us away........ 1.8 thread :nono:

My 4 year old Ethan, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8D Natural light from window

beef.jpg

My 9 month old Daughter Autumn, same lens/Natural Light

autumn.jpg

Last edited:
This is by far my favourite from the 50 1.8, posted on TP before:
mg75032.jpg

I 've now upgraded to the 1.4 version but I was stunned by how this plastic toy of a lens shined once mounted on 5dII.

I bought my f1.8 on the way to the birth of my little girl Jessica!
At two hours old for the girl and around 14 for the lens i took my first few snaps...this was my best.
Canon_0339.jpg

cowasaki said:
This is a 1.4ist thread though. Singling us 1.4ers out and casting us away........ 1.8 thread :nono:

But someone did say earlier that as long as we shoot at 1.8, we are allowed to come and play too! So all is good!

Am spending the weekend in cambridge taking photos with a friend, so I'll hopefully get some good ones!!

TheCrewDesigns said:
Some stunning photos here, I still need to master the 50mm as I find it can be hit and miss with focus.

What I found with mine is the slightest movement in yourself once focussed and it's out! I spent a few days cursing the lens being awful... Until I realised it was me moving slightly that was the problem!!

What I found with mine is the slightest movement in yourself once focussed and it's out! I spent a few days cursing the lens being awful... Until I realised it was me moving slightly that was the problem!!

Thanks, oh yeah I don't think for one minute its the lens its just me not using it right :bonk:

Back