The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I wouldn't say anymore than the other brands. JJ is always selling and buying Sony, so is Addicknchips. People will also be upgrading from older models.
Yes addicknchips is our local A7RII dealer.

The used prices on A7III seem to have crept back up, was seeing them going for £1250 - £1330 only a couple weeks back

I'll be there in 3 weeks. Thinking to leave the camera at home this time though

I can agree on that, I rarely take photos on the streets... well the weather wasn't that great either. On Sunday with nice sunrise, most trains are cancelled at Amsterdam Central :mad: I couldn't get to the windmill on time!

The used prices on A7III seem to have crept back up, was seeing them going for £1250 - £1330 only a couple weeks back
Would've thought UK stock is worth more than that.

Thats because at one point you could get new UK ones for around £1550 with the cashback taken into account, price crept up now and its nearer £1650 taking into account cashback.

Would've thought UK stock is worth more than that.
Thats because at one point you could get new UK ones for around £1550 with the cashback taken into account, price crept up now and its nearer £1650 taking into account cashback.

It's most likely greys that go for what I've seen, which would be fine by me so long as I knew up front. Just more pondering, as the euro be strong right now

It's most likely greys that go for what I've seen, which would be fine by me so long as I knew up front. Just more pondering, as the euro be strong right now

Do you know anyone or a store you can try a mk3 to compare against your Fuji? Might make things less complicated.

Do you know anyone or a store you can try a mk3 to compare against your Fuji? Might make things less complicated.

It would be a bit of a trip, but, I might get the chance soon enough as we'll be doing a family day out in the 'big smoke' and well, if we're passing a camera shop be rude not to have a peek :D

the only local photographers I know are Canon heads - I mean all of them. I joined the local camera club at one point, and felt like a total outcast, I was shooting Nikon at the time and every single other member was using Canon, you'd think I had leprosy :D

If you have big hands, I would not buy blind, the gao between grip and lens is not generous

I wouldn't say my hands are large, I mean I used an em5 for a while with large adapted lenses attached, that camera was really tiny. It is one of the reasons I sold though when I think about it ...

I wouldn't say my hands are large, I mean I used an em5 for a while with large adapted lenses attached, that camera was really tiny. It is one of the reasons I sold though when I think about it ...

I found the Em5 terrible to hold. No grip, dangling fingers. The A7iii is nothing like it. Most of the A7iii main and 3rd party lenses taper to the base of the lens taper anyway.

There is slightly more space on the XH1

Never said there wasn't. Its much closer than people like to admit. The XT3 will be better because of the lack of grip but yeah people with large fingers won't get on with certain cameras.

Last edited:
The EM5 isn’t a camera you want to be using heavy lenses with, it’s more suited to primes. That being said, at least you don’t scuff your knuckles on the lens due to lack of room between the grip ;-)

The EM5 isn’t a camera you want to be using heavy lenses with, it’s more suited to primes. That being said, at least you don’t scuff your knuckles on the lens due to lack of room between the grip ;-)
You must have fat fingers :D

Because 2 of your fingers are dangling off the bottom. :p

I used to use an old Pentax 200 F4 on it, look ridiculous :D not a set I'd have used casually out and about but it was fun for the garden - there's no grip to scruff your knuckles with on the em5 - found it 'slippery'

Okay, I am off to Bristol next weekend. Does anybody recommend any nice landscape / wildlife location to photograph please?

Clifton Suspension Bridge (sunrise & sunset)
Cheddar Gorge - if time permits
Chew Valley Lake - on the way to Cheddar Gorge
Burnham-on-Sea lighthouse
Not sure where else :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

Bristol Balloon Festival of course.
Harbourside.

Okay, I am off to Bristol next weekend. Does anybody recommend any nice landscape / wildlife location to photograph please?

Clifton Suspension Bridge (sunrise & sunset)
Cheddar Gorge - if time permits
Chew Valley Lake - on the way to Cheddar Gorge
Burnham-on-Sea lighthouse
Not sure where else :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance.

Ahhhh... Commented on your other thread :) lol

im considering getting a dslr as i'd like to get a 70-200 f2.8.
before i do - has anyone used one of the canon, tamron or sigma adapted to a9 or a73? if so, how did it perform?

I'm using the Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS mkII on an A9. It's okay, the closer you get to 200mm the more inconsistent the AF can get. It's not that brilliant with objects moving towards you either. This is on a MC-11.

I'm hoping Tamron/Sigma will bring out alternatives to the Sony option at some point...

I'm using the Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS mkII on an A9. It's okay, the closer you get to 200mm the more inconsistent the AF can get. It's not that brilliant with objects moving towards you either. This is on a MC-11.

I'm hoping Tamron/Sigma will bring out alternatives to the Sony option at some point...

I gave up after 100mm on Canon lenses, they work for static subjects under good lighting condition.

Back