The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

nah, I don’t mind stitching but for some landscapes I just wouldn’t want to do it. Rather buy the wider lens. Quite tempted with the 17-28 2.8, however at my last wedding almost half the shots were taken on the 25mm f2

Sounds like a good reason to upgrade to 24GM ;)

I though the Sony 85mm 1.8 came with a pouch ?

Tamron didn’t but none of this bother me as it takes up room in bags. Is there anywhere any any suggestion in lens pouch or sleeves only to prevent scratch while in bag

Tamron didn’t but none of this bother me as it takes up room in bags. Is there anywhere any any suggestion in lens pouch or sleeves only to prevent scratch while in bag
only G and Zeiss lenses (FE35/2.8 being the exception) get the pouch.

Why would it scratch whilst inside a camera bag? Or are you just using a standard bag?

Just like a bit of protection. I use peak design messenger

Honestly? Normal socks

Try it. Soft, expandable, lens wont fall out, easy to remove without stupid draw string or zip. Its only to protect the lens body from rubs against the bag, not from drops. Try a childs sock if its a smaller lens.

Last edited:
They work like this...

apple_ipod_socks.png

Try it. Soft, expandable, lens wont fall out, easy to remove without stupid draw string or zip. Its only to protect the lens body from rubs against the bag, not from drops. Try a childs sock if its a smaller lens.

Yes I agree wonder if there are some planned doing such thing for camera lens as that idea really like you said just to protect from rubbing and knocks while in camera bag that all i want.. Yes draw string can be a arse.. Are Sony GM in draw string ones or these padded case that take up too much room

Amazon have neoprene pouches they aren’t expensive.

No need for them though really.

Camera currently being updated to FW 6

Just like a bit of protection. I use peak design messenger
A cloth over the top would probably do. The only thing I’ve ever wrapped up inside the bag is a teleconverter when it was straight next to a lens and could rattle about. Lenses have been put inside there individual sections without anything else and never been scratched as far as I remember.

Edit I should probably say I use f stop ICU which have a nice bet of padding and can be customised to the perfect size/setup for the kit I’m carrying.

Last edited:
Just notice something while was looking at my images from my A9 in LR and it seem the same as A7iii They dont add any Noise reduction.. I notice all the images from the Z6 have had Noise reaction added without me doing this..

Any idea guys?

1 bike is not enough haha, I have about 6 in my garage.

I reckon if I get loads then same colour she won’t tell anyway lol.

Still, my trusty Trek is still a right laugh to ride so I should not complain!

Just notice something while was looking at my images from my A9 in LR and it seem the same as A7iii They dont add any Noise reduction.. I notice all the images from the Z6 have had Noise reaction added without me doing this..

Any idea guys?

That's a good thing!

That's a good thing!

Why that a good thing? It mean either Adobe Or nikon allows them to be adjusted while import while sony files stays at base

Why that a good thing? It mean either Adobe Or nikon allows them to be adjusted while import while sony files stays at base

Because Adobe and Sony are giving you a flat file, that is what a raw is supposed to be... untouched/flat.

You can create your own preset upon import into LR if you prefer.

Last edited:
Because Adobe and Sony are giving you a flat file, that is what a raw is supposed to be... untouched/flat.

You can create your own preset upon import into LR if you prefer.

So has adobe and nikon done something as i didn't do anything for any of this to happen so that a trick that nikon done then?

Very interesting this though as different images been applied different setting in the noise reduction setting

Last edited:
So has adobe and nikon done something as i didn't do anything for any of this to happen so that a trick that nikon done then?

Very interesting this though as different images been applied different setting in the noise reduction setting

Are you sure about that?

Its been a fair while since I had my Z7 but I don’t remember Lightroom auto adding noise reduction on import.

Why would anyone want that? The whole point of shooting raw is so that you have a flat base to work from.

Are you sure that you didn’t have some sort of import preset set up for the Nikon?

Are you sure about that?

Its been a fair while since I had my Z7 but I don’t remember Lightroom auto adding noise reduction on import.

Why would anyone want that? The whole point of shooting raw is so that you have a flat base to work from.

Are you sure that you didn’t have some sort of import preset set up for the Nikon?

Well I didn’t set anything up at all and I am sure about that. It strange as each images have different kind of reduction value and details in that section in LR so it can’t be a preset if different images got different value

Well I didn’t set anything up at all and I am sure about that. It strange as each images have different kind of reduction value and details in that section in LR so it can’t be a preset if different images got different value

Just found this online, what an absolute mess the Z’s are.

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4348196

Cant even import a real raw file into lightroom.

This is how it looks in LR with noise reduction being automatic on import.

That is so poor

ISO100: 0
ISO200: 3
ISO400: 6
ISO800: 9
ISO1600: 12
ISO3200: 15
ISO6400: 18
ISO12800: 21
ISO25600: 24
ISO52200: 27

Last edited:
Honestly that is absolutely terrible.

Shocked they would do that Nikon are including markers in the exif so it is Nikon not Adobe’s fault.

Just had a quick read through that link. It does look bad indeed

Seems like it only effect Z6 not Z7

6 x 85mm's compared in a vid on the rumor site...

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/the...showdown-test-by-dustin-abbott/#disqus_thread

"Sony FE 85mm F1.8, Sony 85mm F1.4 GM, Samyang AF 85mm F1.4, Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8, Sigma 85mm F1.4 ART, and the Viltrox AF 85mm F1.8."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF-cy4HdE18&feature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcMOp3BXj4E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6grZLyHzv8

How many vids? My Gosh. This guy is hard core.

I went through them all, one a couple of times as well as others, before choosing an 85. If my Viltrox 85 f1.8 had focussed as well as his then I'd still have it, however I suspect some 'golden sampling' going on with those lenses. OTOH when it was delivered it arrived in a vast box that had obviously been kicked around a bit and there was minimal packaging inside to stop it flapping about, so perhaps it got damaged in transit.

Anyone use macro lens on there Sony. If so which. I did like sigma for the money

16-35 F4 Zeiss

OR

Tamron 17-28 f2.8?

I had the 16-35 then bought the Tamron for my wife, I preferred the Tamron so bought another one for myself and sold the 16-35.

The 16-35 f/4 isn't as good but does cover a greater range.

Back