The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Like yours?

If you don't like it, don't read it.

If you don't like my comments, don't read them ... Now you see how dumb that is? you have to read it first before deciding - I've seen better arguments from primary school kids. I'll read what I like and you can do one, grow up and stop the gear arguments or join an xbox Vs Playstation forum is what I think when I see you lot 'arguing' ...

Last edited:
FE35/1.8 for ~£450 (€512) from Amazon Spain.
That's pretty good price!

There's a 55 1.8 going local here for €385 [about £325] - only thing missing seems to be the hood and box. Have to say, that is tempting.

thinking to pick up the zeiss 25mm f2 as theres a good black friday deal on. that would mean though that i'd need to end the idea of changing my 70-200 f4 for the f2.8 though..

FmBtnhT.jpg

sTHeOyK.jpg

UhWCyBV.jpg

I didn't, I meant good ones though

Yes, it's a gear thread, but showing what this over priced gear can actually do might actually inspire others to use it too .... instead of spending half the day bitching over manufacturers as if they had shares in them

haha if you think any of those images on the other page are no good then you have an odd view on photography.

haha if you think any of those images on the other page are no good then you have an odd view on photography.

Which ones in particular? I've liked loads of images in this thread just nothing standing out lately, are any of them yours? If not why would you care?

thinking to pick up the zeiss 25mm f2 as theres a good black friday deal on. that would mean though that i'd need to end the idea of changing my 70-200 f4 for the f2.8 though..

Tamron have a 20mm 2.8 upcoming that does 1:2 macro, I don't know anything about that Zeiss, I'm sure it's great but also about 3x the price of what the Tamron will be

Tamron have a 20mm 2.8 upcoming that does 1:2 macro, I don't know anything about that Zeiss, I'm sure it's great but also about 3x the price of what the Tamron will be

True. Ive had the Zeiss before and its a lovely little lens. A shame it doesn't focus as close as fujis 24mm (if I'm allowed to say that here) but I've always liked the colours.

True. Ive had the Zeiss before and its a lovely little lens. A shame it doesn't focus as close as fujis 24mm (if I'm allowed to say that here) but I've always liked the colours.

Atm the 16 1.4 is the only lens keeping me with Fuji tbh. I'd find it harder sell that than the camera. But it's on my mind.

If you don't like my comments, don't read them ... Now you see how dumb that is? you have to read it first before deciding - I've seen better arguments from primary school kids. I'll read what I like and you can do one, grow up and stop the gear arguments or join an xbox Vs Playstation forum is what I think when I see you lot 'arguing' ...

I like your posts and you're often bang on the money and I wasn't having a pop at you. Many things I post are posted with a smile so sorry if it doesn't come across as that and came across as too complaining... We need pictures but gear talk too, imo.

I like your posts and you're often bang on the money and I wasn't having a pop at you. Many things I post are posted with a smile so sorry if it doesn't come across as that and came across as too complaining... We need pictures but gear talk too, imo.

No worries, I wasn't even hinting at your post though, just in general. This thread was like a car crash over the past week, I was looking but stayed well out of it - there's a few in here will start an argument with me without me even trying! Just thought it looked very petty for a but and maybe some nice pics would break the flow. I see now that some images have been posted, me and Ray have a mutual dislike for one another so after he blocked me I did same in return to avoid any faffing ... but he's got some nice images I will say

The A7 saga continues...

I made a note of my custom menu settings and then did a reset. Thankfully all my custom menu entries were still there but some settings had changed, that's all. The bad news is that the focus it still off at f1.8 and close distances with AF-S and DMC and consistently so. Just to be sure I turned face detect off but that made no difference. At longer distances any slight errors can be covered by DoF even at f1.8 but at close distances problem this matters to me as when out and about I often take pictures of flowers and leaves and other detail and this is when it's going to show up.

I can't think exactly when this happened. I'm pretty sure my Singapore holiday pictures are unaffected but they were at f2.8 so I can't be sure. I have taken quite a few close up pictures with the 35mm f1.8 since I got it and I don't remember any issues so I think that whatever has cause this has caused it recently. The camera hasn't had any bangs or bumps and all that's happened recently is the time/date/region loss. I'm also puzzled at how this can happen with a CSC taking focus off the sensor.

The camera is on version 2.0 and Sony have 3.2 available so I'll give that a go with fingers crossed but I'm not too hopeful :(

The A7 saga continues...

I made a note of my custom menu settings and then did a reset. Thankfully all my custom menu entries were still there but some settings had changed, that's all. The bad news is that the focus it still off at f1.8 and close distances with AF-S and DMC and consistently so. Just to be sure I turned face detect off but that made no difference. At longer distances any slight errors can be covered by DoF even at f1.8 but at close distances problem this matters to me as when out and about I often take pictures of flowers and leaves and other detail and this is when it's going to show up.

I can't think exactly when this happened. I'm pretty sure my Singapore holiday pictures are unaffected but they were at f2.8 so I can't be sure. I have taken quite a few close up pictures with the 35mm f1.8 since I got it and I don't remember any issues so I think that whatever has cause this has caused it recently. The camera hasn't had any bangs or bumps and all that's happened recently is the time/date/region loss. I'm also puzzled at how this can happen with a CSC taking focus off the sensor.

The camera is on version 2.0 and Sony have 3.2 available so I'll give that a go with fingers crossed but I'm not too hopeful :(

I'm sure you've already tried the obvious, as in another 1.8 lens?

The A7 saga continues...

That is a strange one especially if the camera hasn't had any bumps as you have said.

It's very rare to see anyone saying that they are having similar issues.

I had you on ignore for quite a long time - sometimes I'm reminded why.

Do it again, see if I even notice, I certainly didn't the last time. Another primary school level nothing response. Did you think I was going to care, seriously? If half the people in this thread ignored me I'd never notice

Last edited:
I had you on ignore for quite a long time - sometimes I'm reminded why.

I am completely missing context on both of these and don't understand what you are on about. So I imagine the same people is being ignore on my account lol

I'd unignore him to see what's happening but don't know how :D

I'm sure you've already tried the obvious, as in another 1.8 lens?

I've tried 35, 55 and 85mm f1.8's at f1.8 and it's the same with all lenses.

That is a strange one especially if the camera hasn't had any bumps as you have said.

It's very rare to see anyone saying that they are having similar issues.

It's a strange on and it's hard to understand as focus is taken off the sensor but I am where I am...

I've update to ver 3.2 but it's just the same. At f1.8 with the 35mm and with a shutter speed of 1/250 focus can be 1 or 2 or so cm out at distances of about a couple of feet or so. I suppose the 85mm has the longest close focusing distance but with all lenses I've been easily past minimum focus distance and the results are the same, MF is much more accurate and AF is consistently out and can be compensated for by focusing past the point I want in focus. Which isn't ideal.

So, although I'm at a loss to explain it I think it's clear that the camera has some sort of problem. Flipperty flipperty flip.

It's a strange on and it's hard to understand as focus is taken off the sensor but I am where I am...

I've update to ver 3.2 but it's just the same. At f1.8 with the 35mm and with a shutter speed of 1/250 focus can be 1 or 2 or so cm out at distances of about a couple of feet or so. I suppose the 85mm has the longest close focusing distance but with all lenses I've been easily past minimum focus distance and the results are the same, MF is much more accurate and AF is consistently out and can be compensated for by focusing past the point I want in focus. Which isn't ideal.

So, although I'm at a loss to explain it I think it's clear that the camera has some sort of problem. Flipperty flipperty flip.

That's a bummer, guess you will have to make a call on sending it in for a repair or replacing it.

They have apparently stopped the cheap fixed price repairs on bodies too, well I seen that mentioned somewhere else anyway. Might be worthwhile checking with them though as the fixed priced repairs were really cheap.

You sure its not the 35?

That's a bummer, guess you will have to make a call on sending it in for a repair or replacing it.

They have apparently stopped the cheap fixed price repairs on bodies too, well I seen that mentioned somewhere else anyway. Might be worthwhile checking with them though as the fixed priced repairs were really cheap.

Ah cool.

That's essentially what the green stickers are for, so when all the post goes to Elstree they know which is CPS and skip the queue.

That's a shame, you may need to send it for repair. It'll probably work out better to just replace it with current 20% deals on the likes of camera jungle.

I am completely missing context on both of these and don't understand what you are on about. So I imagine the same people is being ignore on my account lol

I'd unignore him to see what's happening but don't know how :D

Don't sweat it, I forgot you existed until you just posted there. Uncover that.

Back