The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

:ROFLMAO:

That photo was on the rumour site.

I have too many lenses, I was hunting for the box for your new 45mm and found an 85mm f/1.8 in a box that I didn't even know we had. For some reason I thought I had sold it ages ago but as it turned out I some how ended up with 2 of them and only sold one. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 293434

that's like finding a tenner down the couch but better :ROFLMAO:

Look at the size difference between the Sony 35mm f1.8 and Sigma f1.4 :oops: :$

I was gonna grab the new Siggy 85 as well but its apparently very poor compared to the G.M in backlit situations which I shoot in a lot.

G.M ftw!

View attachment 293435

got the 24gm delivered today :banana:
glad to have it back.

hmm... didn't know that about the sigma... something to consider

I forgot who it was but someone recently asked how the sharpness of the 45mm compared to the 85mm f1.8 FE, well here's some samples. I've tried to frame them as equally as possible but this will of course mean different dof.

Original raws plus 1:1 crops at the focus point. All used AF-S ISO 100, A priority on a tripod using remote shutter release.

I forgot who it was but someone recently asked how the sharpness of the 45mm compared to the 85mm f1.8 FE, well here's some samples. I've tried to frame them as equally as possible but this will of course mean different dof.

Original raws plus 1:1 crops at the focus point. All used AF-S ISO 100, A priority on a tripod using remote shutter release.
it was me and thank you :)
my 45mm is set to arrive tomorrow

i do shoot backlit from time to time and siggy looks washed out :(

Have found that all Sigma lenses I have used struggle a bit in backlit situations. They always seem to lack contrast and and a.f can be a bit hit or miss, was a bit surprised they still haven't been able to avoid this.

Not Sony but worth a read. The man who owned 3,000 cameras...

On the Online Photographer...

I have that first book.

Last edited:
I love the last photo looking inside the boat, such fine resolution and clarity to the blinds and wooden frames. So sharp it cuts my eyes. :D

I need help, been giving some serious consideration to the Zeiss Batis 85mm f1.8 :eek: I know I fancy the new Sigma f1.4 but it's nearly double the weight of the 85mm f1.8 FE which I need to consider very carefully.

I need help, been giving some serious consideration to the Zeiss Batis 85mm f1.8 :eek: I know I fancy the new Sigma f1.4 but it's nearly double the weight of the 85mm f1.8 FE which I need to consider very carefully.
What will the batis give you over the FE85/1.8?

Back