The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Often drive past this pub, thought it deserved to have it's photo taken

Kew Bridge Pub 3 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr

Kew Bridge Pub 1 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr
Lovely shots, very well lit.
I used to know the owners of that pub many years ago. They were a charming old couple, he drove an elderly but magnificent silver Bentley. Now my football club have moved very close I suppose it will be my new Saturday drinking place, Covid permitting of course!

Lovely shots, very well lit.
I used to know the owners of that pub many years ago. They were a charming old couple, he drove an elderly but magnificent silver Bentley. Now my football club have moved very close I suppose it will be my new Saturday drinking place, Covid permitting of course!
You'll like this shot then

Kew Bridge Pub 2 by Pete Downham Photography, on Flickr

Excellent dynamic range and a great photo.
Thanks very much, must admit I took more time over these shots rather than my usual run and gun street style, makes it worth it when I get good feedback.

While going somewhere else we parked outside a Currys today so I went in to see if they had an A7c. They didn't. They did have an A6000 with power zoom kit lens and something Sony and tiny without an evf on display with no lens attached and the sensor exposed. What's the betting it has finger prints on it if it's not actually written off yet? Don't shop workers have the sense to at least put the body cap on?

While going somewhere else we parked outside a Currys today so I went in to see if they had an A7c. They didn't. They did have an A6000 with power zoom kit lens and something Sony and tiny without an evf on display with no lens attached and the sensor exposed. What's the betting it has finger prints on it if it's not actually written off yet? Don't shop workers have the sense to at least put the body cap on?

The A7c will be shipping at the end of october

Why, its a display model, the stock they sell is in the cupboard in a sealed box.

Why, its a display model, the stock they sell is in the cupboard in a sealed box.

Why? Because the display unit might be bought by someone who'll regret buying it later or it's probably worth the square root of JS. It just seems a waste to me.

My 35mmf2.8 is my favourite lens. But now I like the look of the samyang.

Just joined the Sony revolution, first mirrorless camera for me in the rIII.
I have bought the 100-400 gmaster and the 28-75 tamron but im really struggling over getting a used 16-35 gm vs a tamron 17-28. I’ve spent a lot already so it’s a struggle. May just bite the bullet and spend the extra and I won’t ever hopefully need to upgrade.

Just joined the Sony revolution, first mirrorless camera for me in the rIII.
I have bought the 100-400 gmaster and the 28-75 tamron but im really struggling over getting a used 16-35 gm vs a tamron 17-28. I’ve spent a lot already so it’s a struggle. May just bite the bullet and spend the extra and I won’t ever hopefully need to upgrade.

You are in luck there is a used 16-35GM in sales :D
(Not sure if you can see it yet though)

For me one of the main points was rendering. For example GM makes very nice sunstars vs. the tamron which isn't very good in that respect.

You are in luck there is a used 16-35GM in sales :D

For me one of the main points was rendering. For example GM makes very nice sunstars vs. the tamron which isn't very good in that respect.
Eeek maybe maybe.

I think the gmaster is the way to go as I will always be thinking with the tamron uwa I wonder how good the gmaster is etc.

Eeek maybe maybe.

I think the gmaster is the way to go as I will always be thinking with the tamron uwa I wonder how good the gmaster is etc.

Tamron 17-28mm from what I have seen is very good sharpness wise. You won't really be missing much in those terms.

What you miss is the extra range, better coma for astrophotography and overall rendering.

Back