The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I was sure the A9ii has bird eyeAF? How come? The A7iii has it.

*edit, maybe officially it only has 'animal EyeAF' but if the bird is clear like in the R5 video above then my A7iii picks up the eye.
it does have animal EyeAF but Sony don't say bird eye AF and if it that i would have thought they would have made a big deal over it however it may get the eye on a close bird .

Rob.

Ok i just did a test bird photo on the computer and it can find a birds eye but it does not seem to work anywhere near as good as the R5 /R6 .

Rob.

Ok i just did a test bird photo on the computer and it can find a birds eye but it does not seem to work anywhere near as good as the R5 /R6 .

Rob.

Nothing I have seen so far suggests any of Sony bodies are any where close to R5/6 for animal eyeAF. A9/ii still seem to have a very slight advantage for subject tracking and humans. I personally would take R5 over A9II any day.

Nothing I have seen so far suggests any of Sony bodies are any where close to R5/6 for animal eyeAF. A9/ii still seem to have a very slight advantage for subject tracking and humans. I personally would take R5 over A9II any day.
In some ways i would like an R5 for the AF and the MPs BUT there is no RF 600 F4 I think my a9mkII and FE 600f4 would be so close to getting the shot that there would be very little in it between the 2 systems ..

Rob.

In some ways i would like an R5 for the AF and the MPs BUT there is no RF 600 F4 I think my a9mkII and FE 600f4 would be so close to getting the shot that there would be very little in it between the 2 systems ..

Rob.

Good thing about canon is the EF lenses work just as well as native lenses. So you could purchase the adapter and stick it permanently on to the EF 600mm f4.

Good thing about canon is the EF lenses work just as well as native lenses. So you could purchase the adapter and stick it permanently on to the EF 600mm f4.
Yes but I sold my EF 600f4 mkII - I have the Sony FE 600 f4 .

Rob

"Flickr Explore"

It always baffles me as to how they make their selections etc. I went absolutely ages without even getting a snap in Explore and then all of a sudden I seem to be one of the flavours of the month or three. I have another snap selected today, that's 27 (I think) during the past three months or so. It's a landscape that I snapped with my RX10M4 from my own vacation cottage at Dungeness and I'm not really even into Landscape style photography and certainly not very good at it compared to what I see on this and other threads on TP. It'll eventually find its way on to this thread I expect but in the mean time I'm quite naturally pleased with the snap being selected but remain totally baffled.

Last edited:
Ice on the car roof. A7 and Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 at f8 + No.4 close up filter and then 100% crop.

e7hiuWJ.jpg

Just a bit of fun. f1.4.

resYiYN.jpg

Ice on the car roof. A7 and Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 at f8 + No.4 close up filter and then 100% crop.

e7hiuWJ.jpg

Just a bit of fun. f1.4.

resYiYN.jpg

The roof of the car looked awesome at 7:00 this morning! :) The windows I wasn't so happy about :ROFLMAO: Well, aside from the windscreen, I just press a button for that :p

Nice scene. What's the view like from the top?
It’s a great panorama. Not been up for over a year due to incapacity, but I might manage it this spring. Good view of Ingleborough and Pen-Y-Ghent. This bridge is only a couple of minutes walk from our door.

First time out with the camera in a while - not my usual thing.. woodland photography is harder than it looks and I dont have a flair for it - but had to get out a fire a few frames off

Woodland by Ben Cremin, on Flickr

(y) The difficult thing is trying to keep things simple. Good to be out though isn't it? :)

We're forecast snow early tomorrow!! Looks like it's going to be a nice sunset too shortly!

Hope to get out with mine tomorrow morning. If the baby let's me get some sleep.

Few weeks ago. I've still yet to get a really good morning sky here! I do like the colour in this one & also the clouds in the distance though.

by Lee, on Flickr

" Excellent" shot Lee, well composed with some lovely colours.

The roof of the car looked awesome at 7:00 this morning! :) The windows I wasn't so happy about :ROFLMAO: Well, aside from the windscreen, I just press a button for that :p

I don't mind scraping the windows but recently there's been a lot of condensation on the inside of the windscreen, I've no idea why. The thing is that I pulled something in my right shoulder some time ago and I'm still having problems so cleaning the inside of the windscreen is a problem, much more so than the outside.

Other than that.

Getting me through the day. A7 and Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 at f2.8 and ISO 8,000. The artificial lighting adds to the noise.

0yzq7EH.jpg

Last edited:
I don't mind scraping the windows but recently there's been a lot of condensation on the inside of the windscreen, I've no idea why. The thing is that I pulled something in my right shoulder some time ago and I'm still having problems so cleaning the inside of the windscreen is a problem, much more so than the outside.

Other than that.

Getting me through the day. A7 and Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 at f2.8 and ISO 8,000. The artificial lighting adds to the noise.

0yzq7EH.jpg
Condensation on the inside means water on the inside. So check for leaks, damp carpet. Could also be a pollen filter that needs changing.

Also try to use the air con more often. Inside and outside temperature affects it too.

Anyway, alarm set for 6:15 this morning and down in Brizzle we have snow!!
We've had snow all week. Going to head down to the park as soon as the sun rises see what I can see and photo.

No snow in Cleethorpes but - 3 so very frosty .

Rob.

Heavy frost again. Dull and almost featureless sky.

About the same here, beautiful red sky at first light but that's about it.

Back