The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

It's that good? 50mp at 30fps

Bird Eye AF, forget who it was that wanted that.

So what's in this camera that will filter down I wonder.

Wonder why the naming change as well. Lower number means lower spec surely?

Damn 50mp with blackout free shooting that’s definitely got my interest, especially if animal eye AF is R5 standard or better. At £6499 it’ll be a while before it’s in my price rnage though :LOL:

Wonder why the naming change as well. Lower number means lower spec surely?
Maybe just a fan of boy bands, the next version will be the 911 :LOL:

Damn 50mp with blackout free shooting that’s definitely got my interest, especially if animal eye AF is R5 standard or better. At £6499 it’ll be a while before it’s in my price rnage though :LOL:
if we both sell our A7RIV, I bet we can afford one between us.
you keep 6 months and i keep 6 months
deal? :ROFLMAO:

1/400 flash sync speed
flash working with electronic shutter
new focus system

all look very interesting. will be an incredible camera for sports pros.

Never would have thought that we would get to 30fps at 50mpx so soon. Quite incredible really.

Oh I want two, the price isn’t pleasant - but it solves my a9 problems - flicker, e shutter flash and I look forward to some iso improvements.

The rest is icing on the cake

Selling some bits at the moment, will then get two A1 and sell my A9 after.

could you buy me one too while you are at it?

Surprised they kept the same rear screen though and didn't do the same as the A7Siii, that's the only thing I'm a little disappointed with atm.

could you buy me one too while you are at it?

I’m selling some hasselblad lenses and stuff, forgoing my plan to get a Leica monochrom camera...

But the A1 will certainly reduce the worry about lighting conditions, as mechanical shutter was never a good option.

you all missed the important part i.e. the unseen part.... it has lossless compression!!
I don't get the big deal with this, just import as DNG from uncompressed RAW.
I mean obviously it's good for this camera as at 30fps you want to maximise storage.

I wonder how big the buffer is our can it write to the cards fast enough.

10fps mechanical shutter at best quality

30fps is only the e shutter

First we lost the mirror, next to go will be the shutter.

Last edited:
Surprised they kept the same rear screen though and didn't do the same as the A7Siii, that's the only thing I'm a little disappointed with atm.

looks like it extends a lot lower than the other cameras though?

I don't get the big deal with this, just import as DNG from uncompressed RAW.
I mean obviously it's good for this camera as at 30fps you want to maximise storage.

I wonder how big the buffer is our can it write to the cards fast enough.

it isn't really at least not for me. I shoot compressed RAW most of the time unless I am shooting landscapes with a really high dynamic range. generally the compressed RAW isn't a problem.

I think it will be the best birding camera made so will have to get one I just want to see how the bird eye detect works but I'm sure it will be fine.

Rob.

Back