The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

More yellow from yesterday. A7 and Voigtlander 35mm f1.4 plus No.4 close up filter.

QyRyRWR.jpg

pSi4uJF.jpg

LGA6Anb.jpg

With the camera to subject distance being so short with the close up filter there's next to no depth at f8.

Any reason why a7iii would go back for under warranty for repair.
The only time i sent a camera back was for the D750 shutter recall which was cover even if camera was grey.
Looking at difference in price between uk (£1550) / grey (£1300) it's not such a massive difference.

Any reason why a7iii would go back for under warranty for repair.
The only time i sent a camera back was for the D750 shutter recall which was cover even if camera was grey.
Looking at difference in price between uk (£1550) / grey (£1300) it's not such a massive difference.
Possibly shutter issues?
There's a few on FB had issues with the shutter, but there could be umpteen reasons.

Last edited:
Do i need to read the 1912 previous pages to get that joke?
Probably just last couple
Have a read of this

My view is there probably isn't any substance to this. I wouldn't worry about it and you should be fine to buy the A7III if you like the body

Looking forward to getting a lot of outdoors /camera time this weekend! Starting on the morning for sunrise I think! New local place I want to check out in general and also see if it's any good for Milky Way shots too.

Regards the previous talk of AF and the aperture, tried mine before set to f22 and the lens remained wide open until it took the photo.

Just a simple tourist type landscape Snapograph taken from the viewing gallery of the Tate Modern in London UK looking out over the River Thames at the London skyline.

RX10M4, 1/250th @ 4.5, ISO-100, Polarizing Filter, Handheld.
My London (3)-03527 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y):sony:

Sorry me again. What is the differences between sony a7r iii and a7 iii?

How to the a7r does for iso compare to the a7iii?

Is the 200-600 as good on the a7r iii that on the a7 iii. I can't remember which but i remember reading that some a7 body don't play well with the 200-600?

Sorry me again. What is the differences between sony a7r iii and a7 iii?

How to the a7r does for iso compare to the a7iii?

Is the 200-600 as good on the a7r iii that on the a7 iii. I can't remember which but i remember reading that some a7 body don't play well with the 200-600?

Some people felt it didn't work well with the A7RIV. I personally have had now such issues with my A7RIV.

The is no difference in IQ worth talking over between A7III, A7RIII, A7RIV and A7c. there's slight differences but it not large enough to worth considering in your decision making.

The main difference between A7III vs. A7RIII
24mp vs. 42mp
A7RIII has a better EVF
A7RIII has the pixel shift feature
A7III has AF frame coverage of 90% vs 70-ish% on the A7RIII.

Can anyone recommend an ND filter for the 35 1.4? Shooting in the sun today and I'm at 1/8000 with ISO 125, so if doing video wide open at 1/60 it's going to be blown to pieces.

Can anyone recommend an ND filter for the 35 1.4? Shooting in the sun today and I'm at 1/8000 with ISO 125, so if doing video wide open at 1/60 it's going to be blown to pieces.
Gobe are good with neutral rendering.

Having tried a lot of them, Haida and Zomei ones are really good IME for the price. minimal colour cast with not much loss in sharpness.

I have got a 77mm Zomei filter in sales if you like but if you want the exact filter size

If you are willing to break the bank then breakthrough filters are supposedly the best ones around.

Couldn't resist sharing tonight tea with you all.
I bring you the KFC Pizza, Gravy instead of tomato sauce, mozzarella and KFC chicken. Absolutely devine.
IMG_20210401_184151.jpg

I bring you the KFC Pizza, Gravy instead of tomato sauce, mozzarella and KFC chicken. Absolutely devine.
View attachment 314083
My youngest worked for KFC when he was a student. He refused to eat there. And the eldest with McDs, the same. Suffice it to say I have never been in either of them.

Last edited:
My youngest worked for KFC when he was a student. He refused to eat there. And the eldest with McDs, the same. Suffice it to say I have never been in either Of them.
There was something on the telly recently about the disgusting way they make the gravy in KFC....put me right off.

Mrs WW cooked for us. She did something that looked like thin batter slices (not sure what they're called) with quorn mince and sausage slices and bean sprouts in a lovely spicy source. It was yum yum.

There was something on the telly recently about the disgusting way they make the gravy in KFC....put me right off.
Made me want it more, almost exactly how I make good homemade gravy.

Not Sony...

I've just received a Panasonic LF1 I bought off ebay. It's in amazingly good condition and looks new. There are two diffuse blobs on the sensor at f8 but I'll be using it wide open and I don't think they'll appear in pictures but if they do I'll just have to clone them out.

I had one of these a few years ago but I gave it to one of my sisters and regretted it immediately as the camera is very small and genuinely pocketable. I'll take this out with me when I don't want to take any other camera. The last time I used my old LF1 was at a wedding in Thailand. oh and it's considerably smaller than my TZ100.

Here's a picture, LF1 at the back, Canon IXUS and Medion compact. The LF1 easily gives the best IQ plus it records raw and can do all the usual PASM modes and face detect too.

Zk53Ya7.jpg

Back to Sony...

Last edited:
You might try to dislodge the sensor speck by tapping it reasonably firmly on a tabletop or something.

So impressed with the 35GM after using it extensively at yesterdays wedding.

I knew it was good after using for a couple of things, but you never know just how good until you have used it for work. Ridiculous lens.
It should be a ridiculous lens........it's a ridiculous price :LOL:

So impressed with the 35GM after using it extensively at yesterdays wedding.

I knew it was good after using for a couple of things, but you never know just how good until you have used it for work. Ridiculous lens.

Its a wonderful lens indeed. been using mine last few days, very impressive.
I have got hold of the 20G too (in sales), its also impressive. Unbelievable how small these lenses are what they are capable of!! I'd say that lens is even more ridiculous.

Its a wonderful lens indeed. been using mine last few days, very impressive.
I have got hold of the 20G too (in sales), its also impressive. Unbelievable how small these lenses are what they are capable of!! I'd say that lens is even more ridiculous.

I didn’t like the 20 thought the 24 was much better.

I didn’t like the 20 thought the 24 was much better.

Can't quite make up mind tbh, there isn't a lot between them if you are just looking at image quality.
20G is a tad smaller plus wider. Since I have the 35GM made more sense to me to try a 20mm prime but I won't be using it much I think hence the sale.

Overall they are all excellent lenses and can't go wrong with any of them. Just use whatever floats you boat.

Can't quite make up mind tbh, there isn't a lot between them if you are just looking at image quality.
20G is a tad smaller plus wider. Since I have the 35GM made more sense to me to try a 20mm prime but I won't be using it much I think hence the sale.

Overall they are all excellent lenses and can't go wrong with any of them. Just use whatever floats you boat.

20 has a lot more CA than the 24. Rendering isn’t as nice either. I guess if you just prefer 20 over 24, its a good option.

20 has a lot more CA than the 24. Rendering isn’t as nice either. I guess if you just prefer 20 over 24, its a good option.

Rendering wise as much as I liked the 24GM, I like the 35GM over the other two.
20mm is more for the focal length i.e. wideness while having a fairly large aperture. Rendering isn't bad, possibly the best 20mm I have used rendering wise.

Back