The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

What's going on here then? :D

The old lady started to shout and grab at the bloke who pushed her away, and then the punch came in quick and fast. Three police cars and 6 officers in the end, 20 minutes before they came out to them too, as they are the drinkers here in town.

The old lady started to shout and grab at the bloke who pushed her away, and then the punch came in quick and fast. Three police cars and 6 officers in the end, 20 minutes before they came out to them too, as they are the drinkers here in town.

Oh dear. As we used to say, "Someone's had a smell of the barmaids apron." Meaning someone can't hold their drink. I'm a happy drunk :D

Here's a link to my shots from the Moto GP, more on flickr.

And a photo that's not on that thread

A9_07045-Edit by Toby Gunnee, on Flickr

Last edited:
I see have just passed 33,000 posts which makes me think I spend too long on here but it's my only real hobby these days and it's a distraction from the telly when I can't get out so, who cares :D

I used to post on a car forum but only from work when I had nothing to do, which was most of the time :D

I don't suppose I can tempt anyone in here to a film era manual prime but if anyone is tempted I have three threads in the Other Brands section including some FD mount lenses, two Takumars and two Chinons.

Who's buying one or both?

I have the Sony 20mm f1.8 and 24mm f2.8 and I can't see myself changing them.

More reviews but I think these are worth watching as 20/24 isn't normally thought of for portrait...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zc1VHs-AWw&t=356s

As mentioned in another place... Still no top quality 28mm in Sony mount?

Last edited:
Neither, far too big and bulky and have no need for a wide angle f1.4 lens.

I can see the appeal but I don't know how these Siggys compare to the Sony lenses and of course the Sony 20mm is f1.8 and some will always prefer f1.4 on principle.

Won't the Sigma 20mm f1.4 be good for astro stuff. If they nail the quality I can see it selling well.

Won't the Sigma 20mm f1.4 be good for astro stuff. If they nail the quality I can see it selling well.
It should be yes. There’s obviously a market for it, just not a market I’m part of ;)

Today we picked brambles, We got two boxes full but could have picked many more. It's a good crop this year with many good sized ones.

A7 and Sony 35mm f1.8 at f1.8.

SKhS0EU.jpg

Another, this time at f8 and 100% crop.

PIs37BK.jpg

Nx1sDiC.jpg

Last edited:
The blackberries round here are small & hard, unable to develop properly through lack of moisture.

Questioning whether I should have bought my IR converted A7 now.
It's a 720nm conversion and I really only intended shooting for B&W as I like the look it gives.
However I've just been out for a short walk with the A7 and my A7C and took these 2 shots.

1.jpg

2.jpg

So one is IR and one is an edit to give a "close to IR" look.
Should I sell the converted camera?

Questioning whether I should have bought my IR converted A7 now.
It's a 720nm conversion and I really only intended shooting for B&W as I like the look it gives.
However I've just been out for a short walk with the A7 and my A7C and took these 2 shots.

View attachment 363200

View attachment 363201

So one is IR and one is an edit to give a "close to IR" look.
Should I sell the converted camera?
I prefer the 2nd whichever that is.

Back