The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

I think you're brave doing Weddings with adapted glass, if I was doing paid work I'd want at least Native lenses, preferably all Sony, the only possible exception to this being the Sigma 85mm Art DG DN. Don't get me wrong, adapted glass can work very well and more than good for most enthusiasts/hobbyists, I'm just not sure I'd trust it if I HAD to nail that perfect moment.

The Canon RF 70-200mm f4 does look amazingly small and compact, I assume this would mainly be used outdoors with it being f4?
I tend to prefer shooting with my 24-70mm and 85mm currently, so I would be keen to get native glass covering those ranges. My 16-35mm is not something I use as much so I might use my canon adapted for a while. I did see a Sigma 85mm ART the other day and I think that would be too large for me - my days can be 12 hours long so weight is a major factor - especially as I'm quite slight in build. This is where the Tamron 28-75 and 70-180mm looks attractive. Even the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 mkII is a bit of a lump for me currently. I would quite like a 35mm and 50mm as I do quite like using natural light on the dance floor where possible, however faster is better for those situations, and image stabilisation

I tend to prefer shooting with my 24-70mm and 85mm currently, so I would be keen to get native glass covering those ranges. My 16-35mm is not something I use as much so I might use my canon adapted for a while. I did see a Sigma 85mm ART the other day and I think that would be too large for me - my days can be 12 hours long so weight is a major factor - especially as I'm quite slight in build. This is where the Tamron 28-75 and 70-180mm looks attractive. Even the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 mkII is a bit of a lump for me currently. I would quite like a 35mm and 50mm as I do quite like using natural light on the dance floor where possible, however faster is better for those situations, and image stabilisation
There are two Sigma art lenses the older one which is big and heavy, and the newer DG DN one which is much smaller and lighter.
Screenshot 2022-09-15 at 14.38.22.jpg

Last edited:
What a laugh just found a book on the A7 III and that is it plus found the FE28mm. As there is no box the A7 III will get wrapped up in my PD bag.
As I can only find the charger, think it best the camera just goes in the back of the draw.

I am sure someone will buy it without out the few bits and pieces that normally get left in the box anyway. Seems a lot of money wasted simply sticking it in a drawer. You have nothing to lose.

I am sure someone will buy it without out the few bits and pieces that normally get left in the box anyway. Seems a lot of money wasted simply sticking it in a drawer. You have nothing to lose.

You are right, so will have a look over the next couple of days for bits that did come with it and get it in the sales.
I did find one box but that's for the LX100 II.

Last edited:
Don't know when but have decided to sell my A7 III and lenses as a bundle, have tried but the bulk is sadly too much for me now.

I'm really sorry you're having difficulties Dave. Would you consider keeping the Sony and just one light and compact lens? I ask as I know I'd really struggle to give up the file quality I get from the Sony kit over and above what I get from MFT.

You are right, so will have a look over the next couple of days for bits that did come with it and get it in the sales.
I did find one box but that's for the LX100 II.
Not much comes with the A7III anyway.
the usb charger which I think most people don't use anyway, strap which most people don't use anyway, micro usb lead which most people have lots of and don't use anyway. Which leaves the instructions that most people don't read and will be out of date after some firmware updates anyway.

So if you have the camera and battery it's very sellable.

Not much comes with the A7III anyway.
the usb charger which I think most people don't use anyway, strap which most people don't use anyway, micro usb lead which most people have lots of and don't use anyway. Which leaves the instructions that most people don't read and will be out of date after some firmware updates anyway.

So if you have the camera and battery it's very sellable.

At the moment the only things I can find is the battery and a charger plus a book on the A7 III.

I'm really sorry you're having difficulties Dave. Would you consider keeping the Sony and just one light and compact lens? I ask as I know I'd really struggle to give up the file quality I get from the Sony kit over and above what I get from MFT.

If and it is an if, I can find the AF18mm then I'd try that. I will not rush though.

At the moment the only things I can find is the battery and a charger plus a book on the A7 III.
I wouldn't go to any great effort to locate the strap and instructions as they are simply not needed.

If you don't need the money released by selling the Sony kit though I'd seriously consider keeping it for the occasional use.

I'll be potentially interested in the package as I do kinda miss the A7III since changing to the A7C.

That is pretty much all they come with apart from the usb cable and the camera strap.

If you decide to sell it would suggest not selling as a package but selling lenses etc. separately and maybe offering a slight discount if someon wants to buy it all. That way you won’t be getting robbed again.

Last edited:
That is pretty much all they come with apart from the usb cable and the camera strap.

If you decide to sell it would suggest not selling as a package but selling lenses etc. separately and maybe offering a slight discount if someon wants to buy it all. That way you won’t be getting robbed again.

If it did go as a bundle, I have a figure in mind already not cheap either but not silly.

I would contact Wex, get a cash price from them and then advertise it here plus 10%

The A7c was an absolute steal, if I remember correctly even the lenses without the camera were worth more than the full asking price
Good advice

Well I found the Sammy AF 18mm box, just need to find where the hell the lens is, as I keep them all in my sling bag and that one is missing.

What lenses do you have Dave it’s my wee girls birthday coming up and might be of interest

just purchased my first A6400, I am looking for a good zoom Lens for it for around £200ish to take photographing wildlife.

Anyone got any reccomendations? I've seen a 55-200 f4/-5.6 and a 55-210 f4.5-6.3

any other advice or options, want a decent zoom on it - my first cam!

I wouldn't go to any great effort to locate the strap and instructions as they are simply not needed.

If you don't need the money released by selling the Sony kit though I'd seriously consider keeping it for the occasional use.

I'll be potentially interested in the package as I do kinda miss the A7III since changing to the A7C.

If the lot goes, then it might well be a bundle. Now the AF18mm is on the camera will try it out tomorrow and see.

just purchased my first A6400, I am looking for a good zoom Lens for it for around £200ish to take photographing wildlife.

Anyone got any reccomendations? I've seen a 55-200 f4/-5.6 and a 55-210 f4.5-6.3

any other advice or options, want a decent zoom on it - my first cam!

the Sony DT 55-200mm f4-5.6 is a sony a-mount lens. it won't directly fit your camera. you will need an LA-EA adapter for it.
If you are willing to adapt I'd suggest the sony SAL 55-300mm which is cheap and excellent.

Failing that I don't think any 200mm lens will be enough for wildlife unless you can get very close to wildlife.
On your budget I cannot think of anything else tbh with you, the best option would be a sony 70-350mm but that'd cost a fair bit more.

On your budget I cannot think of anything else tbh with you, the best option would be a sony 70-350mm but that'd cost a fair bit more.

LOL, I just came here to mention yours after checking it was still available.

210mm really isn't long enough for wildlife, even on a crop body .... the 70-350mm would be a much better option (it may cost a lot more but it will save you buying twice ... until you want 600mm)

LOL, I just came here to mention yours after checking it was still available.

210mm really isn't long enough for wildlife, even on a crop body .... the 70-350mm would be a much better option (it may cost a lot more but it will save you buying twice ... until you want 600mm)
I am not sure if he can buy mine, he doesn't seem to have enough messages to have gained access to the sales section.

If the lot goes, then it might well be a bundle. Now the AF18mm is on the camera will try it out tomorrow and see.

Just holding it sadly still feels bulky, will sleep on it tonight and make my mind up in the morning but I think the lot will go.

The lens is only for a one off Safari, I doubt I will be into wildlife photography just landscape when I am home, so I don't to spend a fortune on a lens, if I can get away with a 55-210

The lens is only for a one off Safari, I doubt I will be into wildlife photography just landscape when I am home, so I don't to spend a fortune on a lens, if I can get away with a 55-210

Then buy something decent and sell it again when you get back

I imagine the Safari isn't cheap and could be a once in a lifetime trip so why spoil it with a cheap lens?

Back