The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

It's not a risk I'm willing to take. Give them an IP rating and remove the get out clause in the warranty and I'll use them in the rain, until then. Nope.

It's really not that hard to make them waterproof I don't understand why they don't.

Anyway back to your topic of GAS, i fancy the aforementioned Peak Design bag and a Pack Design Carbon Tripod. Odd bit is I don't even like tripods.

I have the PD small and love it, even though it's weather proof I'm not lol.

Thought I had a lot lol
I only have what's in my signature now so lighter.

I listed 6 cameras plus I have two old compacts which obvs don't count... :D You seem to have 6 cameras listed too... So don't come the gas resisting goody two shoes with me! :D And you've just sold one!

How on earth do you manage? :D

I've had my Benbo for years and have recently bought a little lightweight one but I haven't used it yet.

3 mini tripods with one being a cracker as standing on it does nothing, one of the big ones I got in a charity shop years ago no name on it but that is strong as hell used to hold my old Canon 70D with the 150-600mm C lens no problem. Plus I have quite a few editing lot too lol

Can anyone recommend a 3rd party grip extender to make it deeper for an a6400? Had a look but can’t seem to find anything decent

Here you go Nic.

Thinking I might give On1 ago instead of Lightroom as it's coming up to that time where is have to pay for another year of Lightroom.

Anyone use On1? Or is it worth giving Capture One another go these days.

Capture One Pro 22 is good to use, I use it along side of Affinity Photo.
I did used to use it before lightroom but then lightroom got some great features that I wanted with the mask tools and HDR.

Last edited:
Not that I'd ever go back to LR to me it was maybe the best one out there, with C1 it's a one off payment.
That's another thing, the times I don't use lightroom much it's just a complete waste of money.

Dustin Abbott ... quick look at the new Tamron 50-400mm.

Have to say this lens quite interests me, I am looking for a Sony 100-400mm GM but the close focus ability of the Tamron is certainly a big plus.

It's also lighter and smaller than 100-400GM
I'm pretty interested too but sourcing new tamron lenses can be hard

Yup for the first 6 months or so they are virtually impossible to get, the grey sellers seem to have them fairly quickly though but even they usually ask full UK retail to begin with. Not too worried at the moment though, I am hoping my R7 comes next week .... mulling over whether to buy a Viltrox speedbooster for it before they all disappear completely from sale

Yup for the first 6 months or so they are virtually impossible to get, the grey sellers seem to have them fairly quickly though but even they usually ask full UK retail to begin with. Not too worried at the moment though, I am hoping my R7 comes next week .... mulling over whether to buy a Viltrox speedbooster for it before they all disappear completely from sale
Ah you are still playing around with multiple system

I have almost decided to go to Nikon, just waiting for them to release a body with the latest AF in Z9.
I'll keep my Sony GM primes and use them with the new megadap adapter and for telephotos they have got that brilliant 400mm f4.5 and 800mm f6.3

Ah you are still playing around with multiple system

I have almost decided to go to Nikon, just waiting for them to release a body with the latest AF in Z9.
I'll keep my Sony GM primes and use them with the new megadap adapter and for telephotos they have got that brilliant 400mm f4.5 and 800mm f6.3
Next rumoured Nikon the Z8 - high res & slower?

I'll be interested to see how IQ compares to the GM, I'm always interested in smaller and lighter (y)

I'll be interested to see how IQ compares to the GM, I'm always interested in smaller and lighter (y)
According to a couple reviews I've read it's not as sharp at 400mm but performs favourably none the less.

It's probably not such an issue on lower Res sensors.

What would I get from a A6600 that I cannot from a A6000 for stills ? I have a a6000 which I am really happy with but just wondered what I would really gain !

Back