The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

Beautiful image Lee, love the lighting in this.

I sold it when I got the 50mm F1.4 FE II but I did like it a lot. The FE II is better on all fronts optically and AF, but the 45mm is so small and light. I keep thinking about buying another for when I want small and light.

View attachment 372043

I've got the dock so can just use that, but I'm sure I read somewhere that you can check lenses via the camera, but maybe that's just Sony lenses?

Lovely lighting, and great processing as always.

Thank you Both.

I always take a flask Dave, there was plenty of waiting for that light to hit!

One from a trip to Wales last week:

52468905228_cd6bb329d5_b.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice Andy :D

Could almost be a scene from Lord of the Rings :D

Thanks - I was very lucky with the light that morning, and the heron on the waterfall in the background was the icing on the cake!

As it's very quiet and everyone knows I bought a Fuji :D This is one of the pictures I'm most happy with from it... Soz if you've seen this in other threads.

qLYpJPM.jpg

And on a more depressing note. We walked to the shops yesterday and Pook (Mrs WW) wouldn't walk on The Lines and instead we walked on the streets. This is after the trouble we had last time. So, our world is a little smaller and I don't know if we'll ever go there again.

Tamron 20-40 sample images.

Mounted on an A7C

Looks great.
Come on E-Infinity get some.

Rob.

Can you just... Stop It!

:D
Just look at that 20-40 on the A7C though and all the f2.8 goodness.
I think I'll be able to sell my 20 f1.8 after getting this lens. May even mean the 35 f2.8 goes as well.

Just look at that 20-40 on the A7C though and all the f2.8 goodness.
I think I'll be able to sell my 20 f1.8 after getting this lens. May even mean the 35 f2.8 goes as well.

I can't watch the vids at the mo but maybe in the morning when things are quiet. I'll make sure my credit card isn't in reach :D

At the moment I don't want to sell any of my Sony kit. The Sony A7 and 35mm f2.8 make such a good and compact package I cant see myself ever selling that lens. I might try and sell some of my film era primes but those have sold recently have really only made rock bottom money.

PS.
I'd like to download some raws sometime as those sample pictures, the jpegs, they look soft on my screen.

Last edited:
I'm quite interested in this lens but I looked at the jpeg sample images full size and yes they do seem rather soft to me.

Need to take a close look at some raws and if that softness is still there decide if it matters.

And on a more depressing note. We walked to the shops yesterday and Pook (Mrs WW) wouldn't walk on The Lines and instead we walked on the streets. This is after the trouble we had last time. So, our world is a little smaller and I don't know if we'll ever go there again.
Sorry to hear this :(

As it's quiet.

A7 and Sony 35mm f2.8 go to London.

Parklife.

R5aa7Tp.jpg

Big Wheel keep on turnin'.

dpiaoQ3.jpg

She pestered me to get ready but how much longer did she take?

One of my favourite pictures, and the conversation that went with it.

"How much longer are you going to take?"
"Shut up."

Mhzt2bV.jpg

Is no one getting out and about taking pictures these days?

Last edited:
As it's quiet.

Parklife.

R5aa7Tp.jpg

Big Wheels keep on turnin'.

dpiaoQ3.jpg

"Shut up."

Mhzt2bV.jpg

Still some Exmoor Coast to do. Couple of sunrises. Some drone video footage. Went to Stourhead last weekend for the colours :)

I'm not sure but I think @SsSsSsSsSnake may be joking as it looks like the actual prices on the post rather than the cashback?

I don't know.

I think I've got every Sony mount I need. I keep thinking about a long lens but I doubt I'll ever get one plus I keep thinking about a wide as I had a 12-24mm for my Canon. I doubt very much I'll bother though.

Still some Exmoor Coast to do. Couple of sunrises. Some drone video footage. Went to Stourhead last weekend for the colours :)

TBH I can't remember ever seeing this thread so quiet.

One thing I've been doing is reprocessing pictures with the latest PS 2022 and I'm disappointed to say that it does seem easier to get a better result than with my creaking old CS5.

Whitby. A7 and Sony 35mm f1.8.

45OULwa.jpg

Last edited:
I see the 70-200mm f/4 has £200 off it and Amazon are currently selling the lens for £890.

Amazon are on the cashback retailers list this time so £690 which is pretty decent.
As long as it's through Amazon and not a third party seller I think you can still claim cashback.

As long as it's through Amazon and not a third party seller I think you can still claim cashback.

Yup, all through Amazon and not a reseller. Amazon are on the list direct from Sony so can't see why not.
Not sure what happens if Amazon bring one over from Europe though ... has been known before, I had cashback refused on a Tamron lens before because of that.

Yup, all through Amazon and not a reseller. Amazon are on the list direct from Sony so can't see why not.
Not sure what happens if Amazon bring one over from Europe though ... has been known before, I had cashback refused on a Tamron lens before because of that.
I went through all this myself recently with the 70-200 f4 on Amazon, sadly it's from Amazon EU so the cash back would be rejected. They kept reducing the price in the evening and upping it again during the day for a few weeks, the full price one's are through Amazon UK, very misleading.

I went through all this myself recently with the 70-200 f4 on Amazon, sadly it's from Amazon EU so the cash back would be rejected. They kept reducing the price in the evening and upping it again during the day for a few weeks, the full price one's are through Amazon UK, very misleading.

Amazon have lengthened their return window for Xmas until end of January so it could be returned if cashback is refused.

Amazon have lengthened their return window for Xmas until end of January so it could be returned if cashback is refused.
Technically I guess, but I’ve had a warning for returning items that “appear” to have been used lol

As it's quiet.

Parklife.

R5aa7Tp.jpg

Big Wheel keep on turnin'.

dpiaoQ3.jpg

"Shut up."

Mhzt2bV.jpg

Its not stopped raining here for ages now. I'll be out on Saturday morning if it's dry, but odds are it will be raining.

Its not stopped raining here for ages now. I'll be out on Saturday morning if it's dry, but odds are it will be raining.

Rain and wind here.

We're hoping to be able to get out on Friday.

Is there a way of knowing if you've got a UK lens or EU lens?

Wind and rain here too, only photos I've taken have been with my phone testing out the new iPhone 14 Pro. It won't be replacing my Sony anytime soon but it's definitely the first phone I've had where photos are acceptable to use, but only when shot in raw and using and Adobe profile rather than the ProRaw profile in lightroom.

Back