The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

i
TBH I'd like to change, fancy giving this Sony thing a go ;) But I've also gotta be realistic and sensible. Using the Sony with mainly Canon lenses would be a much cheaper way to do things, and for the most part AF speed and acquisition is not that important. However, with the 70-200mm it's vital, and it's pretty important with the 150-600mm (y)
If only Minnnt was here :LOL:

Just opened it, please tell me this thing is meant to come with a charger

I bought a charger off evil bay, it didn't cost a lot and it works fine.

I know it's a PITA but it seems to be the way of the world these days.

I bought a charger off evil bay, it didn't cost a lot and it works fine.

I know it's a PITA but it seems to be the way of the world these days.
I've never bought a camera that didn't come with a charger :eek:

So tempted seems almost perfect for me, just missing a glabal shutter.

Others on unboxing videos seem to come with a charger and given that you have the mains leads I'd suggest that the charger just got left out
I always wondered who watched unboxing videos ;)

Others on unboxing videos seem to come with a charger and given that you have the mains leads I'd suggest that the charger just got left out
Maybe it varies with the market you buy in... Might be worth a call to the supplier... or msybe it says what's inside on the side of the box?

Can any other UK owners confirm if an external charger came with it ??

Seemingly doesn't come with one in the UK at least. Already have one of my ex A9 batteries charged.

It's easily as responsive as the A9. The lack of a 120Hz screen makes zero difference to my eyes. Same with resolution, looks razor sharp to me.

The flip out mechanism bit feels a tad tighter which I actually like better

Autofocus feels identical in terms of eye acquisition. In fact it holds the eye better and doesn't trail behind when the target is moving. The DP review video comparison is on the money. Seems better for sure

No blackout is something I'll miss though haha

Seemingly doesn't come with one in the UK at least. Already have one of my ex A9 batteries charged.

It's easily as responsive as the A9. The lack of a 120Hz screen makes zero difference to my eyes. Same with resolution, looks razor sharp to me.

Autofocus feels identical in terms of eye acquisition. In fact it holds the eye better and doesn't trail behind when the target is moving. The DP review video comparison is on the money. Seems better for sure

Oh noooo time to sell up Riz and Jonney. I think you'l find the main difference is in caf fast bursts where the a7iii will blackout and lose target momentarily vs a9.

Last edited:

So basically apart from missing no blackout jonney and Riz wasted their money :LOL:

Back