The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

For the target market of the A9 (sports shooters) the bigger buffer alone is a big enough selling point.

Though for anyone that doesn't need to fire off 100 raw frames in a row I'd pick the A7III and buy some nice lenses (or go on a holiday lmao)

The eye AF is definitely better.

For the target market of the A9 (sports shooters) the bigger buffer alone is a big enough selling point.

Though for anyone that doesn't need to fire off 100 raw frames in a row I'd pick the A7III and buy some nice lenses (or go on a holiday lmao)

Do I get to say I told you so to riz?

Better than the A9?

The catch is wether that translates into a higher hit rate or not... during a burst.
Yeah true. It definitely holds the eye better. Maybe the extra contrast points?

This is most definitely a baby A9.

Sony either has something huge coming or Nikon and Canons forthcoming mirrorless made them throw the kitchen sink into their "basic" model.

Knowing my luck, I will sell all my Nikon gear (plenty of it) buy an A73 and some glass and then a week later Nikon will release a potent mirrorless equivalent.

I keep hovering over the preorder button but something is telling me to hold out just a little bit longer.

I can defo see myself renting an A73 for a weekend if nothing less. Maybe test run one as my second body at a wedding

Edit: was a little harsh. Do people really need to fire off 100 raw shots in a row?

Last edited:
No, which one?

Cool

Not looking at that video. Although that was the metabones, not the MC-11

Few pages back I posted a7iii v a9 eye af video.

I was being sarcastic. Jonney thinks canon glass on even the lower spec a7r2 is like native canon speed.... pffft.

The shutter sound also feels/sounds very different to the A9 and A7r2.

As I've always been a sucker for a bit of new release hype I've been thinking whether to trade my A7RII in for an A7III. After all, I've had it for weeks now!

I really don't need the megapixels and I know this. It means more storage space too. My PC is aging too so I've been concerned about processing time.

So yesterday I was going to the post office and took the camera to grab a panoramic series to see if the PC would grind to a halt and make my mind up for me.
It managed fine with the stitch and then I couldn't help cropping in to see how much detail was there.

Stirling Panorama by Colin Robertson, on Flickr

castle crop by Colin Robertson, on Flickr

I reckon on a hazy day with 200mm at a distance of 2.67 miles (to the castle) that's not bad.

And then I found out I'd have to pay £85 for a charger !
Keeping the R2 :D

....for now

I wouldnt want to admit defeat either mate :D

There is no defeat, the Sony A9 is still the better body albeit at a significant higher cost.
If I really thought the A7 III was better I would have just bought one ;)
Instead I’m going to get the A9 II lol :D
Sony GAS is alive.

Back