The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

It's a rainy day today, so thought I might go out with a camera - I guess getting a plastic bag and poking a hole in the end will help with weather sealing? :D

It's a rainy day today, so thought I might go out with a camera - I guess getting a plastic bag and poking a hole in the end will help with weather sealing? :D

lol, I think you'll be fine unless you dropped the body in a puddle :D

The "a7x, a9 PDAF stripe noise technical analysis, part deux" thread on the other forums has turned into a real technical mind numbing fest! :D lol

Well that's why you would be zooming.
Sorry, I meant whilst not zooming as hit rate was only around 73% IIRC which is obviously not right looking at other vids and tests (y) I know these things have a lot of different AF modes though and it'll take time to learn them.

Without looking at the link.is that my mate Paul?
Dunno, didn't think you had any friends :p

i disagree!

Come on now....

The AF is comparable to the d850 which is itself better then the d750..
Says who? I've been trying to find a comparison between the A7riii and D850 but all reviews and videos just seem to be comparing IQ. Frustratingly I do prefer the Nikon files from the comparisons, but I know there's a whole host of variables (y)

This rumor site reports that Canon mirrorless cameras have been registered...

http://thenewcamera.com/canon-registered-fullframe-mirrorless-dslrs-and-compacts/

One seems to look suspiciously like the competition :D

Lol, I love these 'sources' that spend about 3 minutes in Microsoft Paint drawing up the 'rumour' cameras. I reckon Sony might notice if someone called Mr I.M.Canon suddenly buys 200k Sony A7 bodies in one hit and a load of 'Canon' stickers for the pentaprism :D

Lol, I love these 'sources' that spend about 3 minutes in Microsoft Paint drawing up the 'rumour' cameras. I reckon Sony might notice if someone called Mr I.M.Canon suddenly buys 200k Sony A7 bodies in one hit and a load of 'Canon' stickers for the pentaprism :D

Looks better than the a7.

Looks better than the a7.

sony_ilce_7m3_alpha_a7_iii_mirrorless_1519695934000_1394217.jpg

Canon-fullframe-mirrorless.jpg

Yeah, night and day :p

Sorry, I meant whilst not zooming as hit rate was only around 73% IIRC which is obviously not right looking at other vids and tests (y) I know these things have a lot of different AF modes though and it'll take time to learn them.

Dunno, didn't think you had any friends [emoji14]

Says who? I've been trying to find a comparison between the A7riii and D850 but all reviews and videos just seem to be comparing IQ. Frustratingly I do prefer the Nikon files from the comparisons, but I know there's a whole host of variables (y)
There's one comparison I saw comparing d850 5d4 and a7r3

I've just seen this on NikonRumours too. It looks great so I can't wait for the competition.

It's good to see they've kept the F-mount too which means loads of lenses straight away :D

You'll have nowt to do once you built all those Chroma's Steve so you could make your own Mirrorless even if it'll look a bit like another brands camera :D

Anyone else finding TP incredibly slow to load today?

Yes.

It's so slow I was thinking about going out and taking some pictures but 5 minutes later... hail stones... and Mrs Woof Woof is refusing to budge from her chair next to the radiator.

Back